2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Maclin is staying with the Eagles, fuck yes.
Really, Source?
I heard on the radio that Maclin is still asking for too much for what the Eagles want to pay him after these past two seasons of a sickness scare and then the ACL tear.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Really, Source?
I heard on the radio that Maclin is still asking for too much for what the Eagles want to pay him after these past two seasons of a sickness scare and then the ACL tear.
Maclin has confirmed that he 100% wants to be an Eagle next year. With the poor receiving team if Maclin leaves, I really don't think the Eagles have a choice.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Maclin has confirmed that he 100% wants to be an Eagle next year. With the poor receiving team if Maclin leaves, I really don't think the Eagles have a choice.
At this point it's being stated that Hakeem Nicks is asking for less money then Maclin, they definitely have an option. Maclin has some injury problems, idk man with that type of asking price I say they let him go.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
At this point it's being stated that Hakeem Nicks is asking for less money then Maclin, they definitely have an option. Maclin has some injury problems, idk man with that type of asking price I say they let him go.
Why? The eagles have no one good receivers except for Jackson and Avant at that point.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Why? The eagles have no one good receivers except for Jackson and Avant at that point.
Maclin wants a long term deal for a good bit of money in his asking price, and with the injuries and absence last season I don't think the Eagles are prepared to risk that.
We can find a better deal in the free agent pool and draft Huff and find more production than Maclin for a fraction of the cost.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Maclin wants a long term deal for a good bit of money in his asking price, and with the injuries and absence last season I don't think the Eagles are prepared to risk that.
We can find a better deal in the free agent pool and draft Huff and find more production than Maclin for a fraction of the cost.
The Eagles can't really afford signing another receiver at this rate. They're more concerned about getting a better cornerback or linebacker at this rate. Just keep Maclin, he has good hands and a decent speed. He's proven himself here, unlike Cooper.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
@Snowman This new Suggs deal should give us some more wiggle room heading into FA and to lock up some of our UFA's. I'm still expecting them to cut McClain and it's 50/50 for Leach... Aside from that, a lot of "experts" (for lack of a better term) have the Ravens landing Ebron. I was so sure that we would pick up Mike Evans or perhaps even Watkins, but the Ebron deal is making more and more sense, especially sense there will be quality WRs and Tackles in deeper rounds. If we do end up losing Pitta, we HAVE to get Ebron

:yes: You were right all along, man.

Yeah, McClain is definitely gone, so is Koch who wasn't very good last year, As you say Leach is the tough one, Harbaugh and Kubiak obviously love the guy, but is he so valuable to the resurgence of the run game that they HAVE to keep him around? Only they know the answer to that.

Early estimates have us at 17-18 mil after the Suggs restructuring, so that leaves the Pitta question. According to the Sun, Pitta took 79% of his offensive snaps as a slot receiver (even more than Graham) so an arbitrator would rule in his favor in the whole "6.5 mil vs 11.5 mil" franchise tag debate. There's no way they can tie 11.5 mil up in Dennis Pitta (would they in Monroe?), so Ebron looks to be the pick unless one of the stud receivers unexpectedly falls to us. Would rather them go that route but we may as well just address WR and RT in free agency. Right tackles and #2 receivers grow on trees, guys like Ebron don't. :eek:tunga:

Reactions: Vice

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The Eagles can't really afford signing another receiver at this rate. They're more concerned about getting a better cornerback or linebacker at this rate. Just keep Maclin, he has good hands and a decent speed. He's proven himself here, unlike Cooper.
I disagree entirely, we can definitely afford to sign a receiver, we rolled over $10 million from last season and now we're #10th most cap space for this offseason, Maclin knows this which is why he's trying to get more money out of us, but there are more receivers in the pool who will accept our offers for less and still provide the production. Imagine signing two players like James Jones and Danario Alexander and only spending between 250-500k more than we would if we were just to sign Maclin alone and that's just for one year, like I said Maclin wants a long deal to make money..

We are drafting mostly defense so look for a Top Caliber CB like Gilbert/Dennard being drafted with our first pick and Huff with our 2nd or 3rd. As for LBs we have DeMeco Ryans, Mychael Kendricks, Barwin, Hunt, I think we can manage for another year or two, we could use a few more DTs/DEs but again we can do that in the draft.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
I disagree entirely, we can definitely afford to sign a receiver, we rolled over $10 million from last season and now we're #10th most cap space for this offseason, Maclin knows this which is why he's trying to get more money out of us, but there are more receivers in the pool who will accept our offers for less and still provide the production. Imagine signing two players like James Jones and Danario Alexander and only spending between 250-500k more than we would if we were just to sign Maclin alone and that's just for one year, like I said Maclin wants a long deal to make money..

We are drafting mostly defense so look for a Top Caliber CB like Gilbert/Dennard being drafted with our first pick and Huff with our 2nd or 3rd. As for LBs we have DeMeco Ryans, Mychael Kendricks, Barwin, Hunt, I think we can manage for another year or two, we could use a few more DTs/DEs but again we can do that in the draft.
I still don't see there being any real good receivers if Maclin leaves, even if new guys are picked up or FAs. As for the LBs, they want an OLB in specific. I have faith in Barwin, but still.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I still don't see there being any real good receivers if Maclin leaves, even if new guys are picked up or FAs. As for the LBs, they want an OLB in specific. I have faith in Barwin, but still.
I can't believe how much faith you still have in Maclin :) I would much rather dump him and spend the money on like Decker or a combo of Ted Ginn Jr/Meachem.
we can sign Arizona FA Benard at OLB if they really want to spend a little bit of money but we'd still have money to go around.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
I can't believe how much faith you still have in Maclin :) I would much rather dump him and spend the money on like Decker or a combo of Ted Ginn Jr/Meachem.
we can sign Arizona FA Benard at OLB if they really want to spend a little bit of money but we'd still have money to go around.
Meh, I have much more faith in Maclin then someone like Decker. Just a matter of personal preference though.

Bernard could be interesting at OLB, but I'm not sure hell blend in the Eagles defense, still seeing Barwin as good.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Meh, I have much more faith in Maclin then someone like Decker. Just a matter of personal preference though.

Bernard could be interesting at OLB, but I'm not sure hell blend in the Eagles defense, still seeing Barwin as good.
Hmm idk man I'll be down for signing Maclin only if he drops his asking price and changes his terms to a 2-3 year deal. I would cry if he signed a 5 year deal or 6 year deal like I'm hearing he wants, it's just not worth that much of a risk for a long term deal with him.
As for Benard he should fit, Base 3-4 D is what we run nowadays and that's what he has had the most time with, but yes Barwin will be more successful I feel too.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Hmm idk man I'll be down for signing Maclin only if he drops his asking price and changes his terms to a 2-3 year deal. I would cry if he signed a 5 year deal or 6 year deal like I'm hearing he wants, it's just not worth that much of a risk for a long term deal with him.
As for Benard he should fit, Base 3-4 D is what we run nowadays and that's what he has had the most time with, but yes Barwin will be more successful I feel too.
I prefer the Eagle Nickel lineup on D, but I can see why 3-4 is good. As for Maclin, we just gotta wait and see what Lurie does.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I prefer the Eagle Nickel lineup on D, but I can see why 3-4 is good. As for Maclin, we just gotta wait and see what Lurie does.
Bahaha with our current DBs we have so much failure in the Nickel lol. It's so funny to watch from a birdseye view because literally Boykin is one of the only ones to know what to do during those plays in the secondary.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Bahaha with our current DBs we have so much failure in the Nickel lol. It's so funny to watch from a birdseye view because literally Boykin is one of the only ones to know what to do during those plays in the secondary.
It could be better, I'll admit. I just see it as having more potential if we get some good defensive signings this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.