2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I think teams are going to wait until the 2nd round for QBs except for Teddy and Manziel. I could see Manziel going 3/4 and Bridgewater going 5 (BOING) and Bortles and Carr fall to the second.
If Manziel goes to the Jags and Bridgewater to the Browns, would you go with Sammy Watkins if that happened?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
If Manziel goes to the Jags and Bridgewater to the Browns, would you go with Sammy Watkins if that happened?
Assuming Clowney was gone, absolutely.

I'd go 1.) Clowney 2.) Teddy 3.) Sammy

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Assuming Clowney was gone, absolutely.

I'd go 1.) Clowney 2.) Teddy 3.) Sammy
Man I wish we had a top 5 draft pick :(
I just hope either 'Ha Ha' or Calvin Pryor fall to us we could use a goddamn elite caliber safety, if both are taken I'll take Dennard CBfrom MSU or Justin Gilbert CB from Oklahoma State.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Fuck Pitta. He owes me $500 bucks the son of a bitch

Snow's Fantasy Advice of the Week:

When the Ravens draft Eric Ebron in the 1st round over this whole stupid argument while Pitta signs for 4 mil with the Giants... don't draft either guy lol

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Tahj Boyd sucks from the tapes I saw

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Snow's Fantasy Advice of the Week:

When the Ravens draft Eric Ebron in the 1st round over this whole stupid argument while Pitta signs for 4 mil with the Giants... don't draft either guy lol
D'Z's way too early TE ratings for 2014:

1.) Superstar Jimmy Graham aka da bess. I imagine he stays in NO, but if some team does something crazy to acquire him they will want him to produce just the same
2.) Gronk- torn ACL be damned. His ACL tear is being compared to AD's, and he is a similar freak of nature. I predict Gronk is healthy for the opener. and whether he has 1 arm, 1 leg, half a brain, what have you, Gronk play football, gronk domination
3.) Julius Thomas- Not sure if Denver can pony up 10 mill to pay Decker, and if he leaves Thomas gets an expanded role.
4.) Vernon Davis- TD machine in his prime. A relatively safe pick each year
5.) Jason Witten- super consistent and a great pick for PPR formats. Romo's favorite target for a decade
6.) Greg Olsen- I place him ahead of JC only because of the Browns uncertain QB position
7.) Jordan Cameron- talented enough to be a top 5 TE if the QB play improves
8.) Jordan Reed- If RG Knee stays healthy he could be top 5. He was on a tear before the concussions shut him down last year.
9.) Marty B Pretty- all aboard the Marc Trestman fantasy express. With two great WRs on the outside Marty B gets single coverage inside all day. He will produce
10.) Colby Fleener- He and Luck remind me of the next Romo/Witten combination. Luck trusts him and he has great hands and should produce in 2014.

HM: Charles Clay, Antonio Gates, Dennis Pitta (Kubiak's system is good for TEs)

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I would Say Pettigrew deserves to be on the list if he didn't get hurt every time he gets hit by more than one person.

Snowman1

Reaction score
No argument with any of that, outside of A: Dwayne Allen coming back to Indy, and B: Generic usually incorrect fantasy analysis based on offensive coordinators, mainly Norv Turner. Wonder if Cameron's stock will fall because he left, or if Kyle Rudolph's would rise?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Rudolph's stock can't rise if they seriously are rolling with Christine Ponder at QB in 2014

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Fauria said recently that he wants a Jimmy Graham type role next year. I really think he can pull it off too.

Snowman1

Reaction score
^ :true:

Would assume it's better to look at QB's than OC's anyway. remember all the people saying "Dwayne Bowe will have a monster year! He's never had a better QB or a coach like Reid!" forgetting that AxMiff (love that) doesn't throw to WR's

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Maclin is staying with the Eagles, fuck yes.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
@Snowman This new Suggs deal should give us some more wiggle room heading into FA and to lock up some of our UFA's. I'm still expecting them to cut McClain and it's 50/50 for Leach... Aside from that, a lot of "experts" (for lack of a better term) have the Ravens landing Ebron. I was so sure that we would pick up Mike Evans or perhaps even Watkins, but the Ebron deal is making more and more sense, especially sense there will be quality WRs and Tackles in deeper rounds. If we do end up losing Pitta, we HAVE to get Ebron

Reactions: Snowman1
Status
Not open for further replies.