2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickAngel12

Jobber
Reaction score
God bless the Cowboys because they are really gonna need it. Not fun being a Cowboys fan until Jerry Jones has his own funeral.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
CSN Bay Area: "The Raiders view Josh McCown as a perfect fit in their system"
saw that report. would be so Mckenzie of him to do that dumb shit. what's the point. we've seen McCown in Oakland

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
what happened to Taj Boyd's stock? I didn't watch him play much at all, but I thought he was a 2nd/3rd round prospect, now I hear 5th/6th?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Snowman1

Reaction score
RIP Richie Incognito's Twittah.

Guess on the interwebs he's.... *sigh*... incognito now.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The new Vikings head coach wants to keep Christian Ponder as a starting QB

@pottsy946 LETS CELEBRATE WITH THE REST OF THE NORTH

Reactions: pottsy946

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I would take a flier on Hester for a 1 year deal. Problem is he is probably done (at least from what Bears fans tell me) and he does nothing outside of returns, so it is almost a waste of a roster spot compared to a KR who also plays another position or contributes on special teams coverage units or any other contributions.

Hester didn't catch a single ball all season iirc, aside from the returns and most teams try and keep the ball out of his hands he doesn't do anything as such

Charles Tillman going to free agency for the Bears by the looks of it
The new Vikings head coach wants to keep Christian Ponder as a starting QB

@pottsy946 LETS CELEBRATE WITH THE REST OF THE NORTH

Good old Vikes, means we can keep 8 in the box against them once more to try and stop Peterson

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
After watching a couple of highlights from Clowney I can definitely see the Texans drafting him,but still, if they really want a good partner for JJ Watt they can just sign Willie Young in Free agency. I'm going to keep my prediction.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I love that I'm the only one calling for Clowney to Houston. Will make me look all the smarter when it happens :letroll:

Reactions: Swift

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I didn't know Deth was a football fan

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I love that I'm the only one calling for Clowney to Houston. Will make me look all the smarter when it happens :letroll:
I really just don't have an opinion on it myself, could care less about the Houston Texans to follow what their actual needs are, but on paper I can see them doing one of the following, drafting Clowney or Trading the pick.
I think Bill O'Brien is a smart guy and can convince management that they should sit on Clowney and just wait to see if Bortles will drop to them in the 2nd round and if it looks like he's about to go they'll trade back into the first round and snag him. I just don't think O'Brien nor myself for that matter is convinced that Manziel is the kind of QB that should be the field general for the Texans..

Also he's pretty much jinxed himself entirely by saying "I WANT TO BE THE FIRST ROOKIE QB TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL WITH THE TEXANS!" that was arrogant and stupid and for me as a management person would be a turn off.

Snowman1

Reaction score

A scout for the Bengals told Rotoworld that all the QB's this year belong in the 2nd round, and that this reminded him of the 2011 class with shitty QB's (Locker, Gabbert, Ponder) going 8-12.

That's really the kiss of death in the draft, you CANNOT take a 2nd round QB prospect early. Or even in the 2nd round. They never pan out (unless they're Drew Brees or Kaep)

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
A scout for the Bengals told Rotoworld that all the QB's this year belong in the 2nd round, and that this reminded him of the 2011 class with shitty QB's (Locker, Gabbert, Ponder) going 8-12.

That's really the kiss of death in the draft, you CANNOT take a 2nd round QB prospect early. Or even in the 2nd round. They never pan out (unless they're Drew Brees or Kaep)
I think teams are going to wait until the 2nd round for QBs except for Teddy and Manziel. I could see Manziel going 3/4 and Bridgewater going 5 (BOING) and Bortles and Carr fall to the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.