2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
772yds at 5yds pc, that would do nicely for a lot of teams tbh

Teams are low on him in the other facets of the game, though. He's lost in pass protection and isn't a threat out of the backfield, but you're right, he's great as a runner. Don't understand this either.

Tampa = Pats' developmental

Snowman1

Reaction score
All this "do we need a good RB" talk is really confusing me. Have no idea why our running game was so bad last year, was Ray RIce really done? He's had a huge workload, but Pierce was barely better. How good is Pierce, the dynamic power back in this 1st season or the useless plodder of his 2nd? Was it a whole offense issue? The line was a huge problem, but that doesn't explain all the vintage Flacco checkdowns going for negative yardage because neither of them could escape a tackle. Was RIce's hip injury that big a deal? Do we know? Suppose it's just a case of trust Harbaugh who probably knows the problem. Then fix the fucking line.

And LeGarrette will be starting this year. WILL be. Probably in a committee, but still.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Yeah, Dolph's, finally got around to reading that Ed Reed story.... holy crap. :lol1:
Not your brightest moment. Not at all.

Speaking of RB's that can't catch, just saw Alfred Morris lead the entire Pro Bowl in catches. Lol.

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
imo I think Blount only found success because of the middle of that offensive line and having people who can work well in the slot like Amendola/Edelman forcing the middle of the defense to back off and cover more, opened up opportunities.. This especially goes for when Gronk came back, I mean did you see how far of lengths people were going to make sure that he was covered in the middle of the field, that left some very wide open holes for Blount. Unless he finds himself on another team that has soo many weird offensive schemes they can pull out while letting the RBs rest their legs for like 2 games in a row then maybe he will find more success but if not I really can't see him being a legit starting caliber RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.