2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Hey now, I'm being the good Costello to your Abbott over here. I throw a bunch of cans in the air for you to shoot down while having a beer with Sharpy, isn't that how this thread works?
your mom is still single right? I'm a huge vols fan and ready to move. You'll be calling me Mr. Johnson.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Hey Sharpy, just read those articles and thought they were actually really informative. Thanks for sharing, bud! :yay:

Snowman1

Reaction score

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
just heard Sean Lee was carted off during the first OTA practice for Dallas today. didn't look good apparently

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
just heard Sean Lee was carted off during the first OTA practice for Dallas today. didn't look good apparently

Just got the update myself guess he collided with an offensive lineman and as he was carted into the building he was screaming obscenities in frustration. It may be early enough for him not too miss every game but you're right from how they made it sound it looked pretty nasty. I feel bad for Lee he's a solid white linebacker, granted he plays for my #1 rival team you never wish any player to suffer that kind of injury. Can't help feel somewhat bad for the guy, pretty sure he's been injured each year he's been in the league, hasn't played a full season.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/47252/57/silvas-post-draft-top-150

Going back to this article, here are some things that jumped out at me:

DeMarco getting PPR hype in Linehan's offense. I've always loved Murray's talent, but can you trust his health? You know me, the FFB riverboat gambler, I'd put Murray firmly entrenched in the middle of my tier 2 of RBs

Julius Thomas at 16. I love him as the #2 TE , but imagined getting him a full 2 rounds later than this. I had pictured late 3/early 4 after the big name WRs had dried up.

Time to wait on QBs... like always. Unless I see Manning there in the third or Cam in the 6th I'll gladly stick to the time tested strategy of picking two "high ceiling" QBs between rounds 8-12.

Oh and this guy way undervalues Doug Martin. He is at the top of my 2nd tier of RBs

Snowman1

Reaction score
I assumed Julius Thomas would be overvalued just because you almost HAVE to wind up with one of 5-6 guys (Graham, Thomas, Vernon, I'm high on Olsen, possibly Witten or Gronk if you can trust his health) or be stuck with complete garbage in your starting lineup. TE is really, really bad.

Definitely wait on QB, and Murray over Martin is just silly. No reason Martin should be so far below Foster, especially with Tampa having real coaches for once + a guy in Lovie who already created a fantasy star out of Forte

Obviously I love his emphasis on WR's in Round 1. Why pass on studs like Julio and Demaryious Thomas for question marks after 6/11 1st round runners were busts last year?

I don't really get it with Bell, he has the opportunity but he didn't do enough last year to warrant a 2nd round pick. Can definitely see Alshon Jeffery busting with Cutler locking on to Marshall. Most mocks don't have Jordy going that high which sounds good to me, he's as obvious as sleepers get.

Jumping down to round 8, come on Patterson is NOT lasting that long, especially in our league. I love how they have Greg Olsen in Round 8 next to Heath Miller and Kyle Rudolph (sleeper imo, but over Olsen?) Not as worried with Edelman as they are, though. Avoid Aaron Dobson and I don't see why you'd bother with Jeremy Hill or Lamar Miller... well, guess Knowshon does have that injury history...

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Knowshon opened OTA's today with the first team. He should be the feature back and Miller just a change of pace

Status
Not open for further replies.