2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
lol never mind, cancelled plans for other reasons but stayed to do one of these. We should plan one.

Grabbed the 3rd pick in a 12 team league just to see how nice it is to get a top pick...

1: Jamaal Charles
2: Jordy Nelson
3: Gio Bernard
4: Victor Cruz
5: Dennis Pitta
6: CP
7: Matt Ryan
8: Danny Woodhead
9: Jeremy Maclin (What the hell?)
10: Emmanuel Sanders
11: Kendall Wright
12: Kenny Stills
13: Jarrett Boykin
14: Jordan Todman
15: K
16: Raiders D/ST

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Took me forever to realize CP was Cordarrelle

I was like... Carson Palmer? Christian Ponder? how dumb is this guy

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Sean Lee tore his ACL :/ Weak sauce cmon.. Hopefully he can catch the latter part of the season otherwise Cowboys will be fluctuating at that LB spot just as frequently as they did last year and it will bite them in the ass big.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
8 months is the quickest I've ever heard of for an ACL recovery. No way he will be back for this season.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Hall of Fame talent with Pop Warner durability. What a shame.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Andre Ellington is getting hella hype out of Cardinals OTAs.

Arians has said he wants him to touch the ball 20-30 times a game, an obvious exaggeration but I think 4-5 receptions a game is likely as well as plenty of looks on the ground. He is basically saying he wants the offense built around Ellington.

if he proves to be durable he has all the makings of a top 10 back production wise. No goal line work hurts a bit, but the receptions make up for it.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Man, Lee's injury is really a kick in the balls to the 'Boys defense. At this point they'd better be looking into nabbing a veteran LB. Is that even an option?

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Hell Yeah! Jason Taylor in there schooling' them boys! and Dion Jordan came to OTAs will 20 pounds of added muscle..

Let's get this season started already! I'm excited!

nY2p5zx.png

Snowman1

Reaction score
Man, Lee's injury is really a kick in the balls to the 'Boys defense. At this point they'd better be looking into nabbing a veteran LB. Is that even an option?

Erin Henderson, Pat Angerer, Desmond Bishop, Nick Barnett, and Johnathan Vilma are still available in FA.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I wonder just how good Peyton Manning will be this year? Obviously there's nothing to worry about but the last season he got the AFC South and the NFC East full of incompetent defenses, now he gets the AFC East and brutal NFC West, plus the Raiders' and Chargers' D should be better...

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I wonder just how good Peyton Manning will be this year? Obviously there's nothing to worry about but the last season he got the AFC South and the NFC East full of incompetent defenses, now he gets the AFC East and brutal NFC West, plus the Raiders' and Chargers' D should be better...

and he no longer has Moreno... Ball is not a feature back. I can see them going 10-6 or 11-5 based purely on Manning, the receivers, and their defense.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Ouchies, turns out it was Cowboys 1st round pick this year Zack Martin that ran him over and forced Lee's knee to buckle.

Peyton has Demaryius, Welker, Julius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders and Cody Latimer catching that ball, the field is going to be so open for any RB that the Broncos feature to have plenty of room to get the job done.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Not something I concern myself with because I know in any given draft I'm involved in at LEAST one owner will value him more than I do so be will never be drafted by me. I think there is a good chance he doesn't finish as the top QB this year and no way I'm spending at minimum a middle R2 pick on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.