2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Not something I concern myself with because I know in any given draft I'm involved in at LEAST one owner will value him more than I do so be will never be drafted by me. I think there is a good chance he doesn't finish as the top QB this year and no way I'm spending at minimum a middle R2 pick on him.
3000th post of the thread, kudos boys, just wanted to point out the milestone.
I agree, there's definitely a good chance he doesn't finish as the top QB, in a 12 man league I'd probably feel comfortable taking him like Pick 20ish it really would depend on what RBs or WRs are on the board at that point.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
You would have to be drafting with some savvy MFs for Manning to last anywhere near 20

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
You would have to be drafting with some savvy MFs for Manning to last anywhere near 20
In my money league I draft with a diehard Peyton fan and he's picked Peyton in the first round the last 4 years one time with the #1 pick over AP. He's won 1 time but other than he's done terrible except for last season where he at least made it to the playoffs again.

Idk I just don't feel comfortable drafted a QB with some minor health concerns primarily in the ankles/neck, especially an aged one like Peyton. But I mean if all my main targets get taken and I have the 15th pick and he's still there I mean I'd definitely consider taking him.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I hate 2 QB leagues. Only 32 of them and with byes it becomes stupid, especially if it is a 12 or 14 team league not everyone has a third QB for byes or injuries

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I hate 2 QB leagues. Only 32 of them and with byes it becomes stupid, especially if it is a 12 or 14 team league not everyone has a third QB for byes or injuries
Yeah we play 10 man with that format.
4 Max QBs though so if someone wanted to be a dick they could :p

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Andre Ellington is getting hella hype out of Cardinals OTAs.

Arians has said he wants him to touch the ball 20-30 times a game, an obvious exaggeration but I think 4-5 receptions a game is likely as well as plenty of looks on the ground. He is basically saying he wants the offense built around Ellington.

if he proves to be durable he has all the makings of a top 10 back production wise. No goal line work hurts a bit, but the receptions make up for it.

yeah but blowing smoke up his ass is good, remember the CJ Spiller (bounce back chance) quotes from last year, tbh i think Ellington will be great this year, and as a RB/flex man could be a great add

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Not something I concern myself with because I know in any given draft I'm involved in at LEAST one owner will value him more than I do so be will never be drafted by me. I think there is a good chance he doesn't finish as the top QB this year and no way I'm spending at minimum a middle R2 pick on him.

Was more of an interesting point, if you're talking middle of R2 you can get Manning/Brees/Rodgers in most leagues but not one with Gohan in it. ;) But the thing is Dez Bryant and Andrew Luck > Peyton Manning and Andre Johnson. I might draft Peyton in a mock just to see how the team pans out.

Speaking for that, after the mock I did I'm not advocating WR - WR anymore. At 3.3 I snagged Gio Bernard, and the next 3 RB's taken were Frank Gore, Chris Johnson, and CJ Spiller.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I've seen Dez Bryant go as the last pick in the 1st round in the 1st of 2 mock drafts that I've done.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
WR-WR is swinging for the fences on draft day. If you get the right RBs round 3-4 you are sitting pretty.

Remember my team last season in the 12 team 3 WR league? Drafted Calvin and AJ late first early second. Won the league with Murray, Bell, Vereen, Ellington at RB. Of course sleeper picks like Keenan Allen panning out helps. oh and late season trades for Mary Thomas. fuck that team was dank

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
WR-WR is swinging for the fences on draft day. If you get the right RBs round 3-4 you are sitting pretty.

Remember my team last season in the 12 team 3 WR league? Drafted Calvin and AJ late first early second. Won the league with Murray, Bell, Vereen, Ellington at RB. Of course sleeper picks like Keenan Allen panning out helps. oh and late season trades for Mary Thomas. fuck that team was dank

RB is fluid, stud WRs are stud WR's.

Honestly looking at it, I think TE isn't as bad as it was last year. There's 8 I wouldn't mind rolling with.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I fucked with Julius Thomas in the 12th round I believe last year I mean cmon dude was the starting TE and was catching passes from Peyton what could go wrong and sure enough dude turned out to be very valuable, unfortunately Tom Brady's Mediocre streak, Matt Ryan taking a fall from grace after Julio's injure and then Ray Rice being a major bust decimated my team.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I fucked with Julius Thomas in the 12th round I believe last year I mean cmon dude was the starting TE and was catching passes from Peyton what could go wrong and sure enough dude turned out to be very valuable, unfortunately Tom Brady's Mediocre streak, Matt Ryan taking a fall from grace after Julio's injure and then Ray Rice being a major bust decimated my team.

Haha, big time congrats on the Julius Thomas pick! You probably at least won 1 position :) But holy cow, was last year one of the worst years for busts? Sorry about Ray Rice, I really wanted him last year but someone took him one pick before, so I got stuck with Shady instead. What a shame.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Haha, big time congrats on the Julius Thomas pick! You probably at least won 1 position :) But holy cow, was last year one of the worst years for busts? Sorry about Ray Rice, I really wanted him last year but someone took him one pick before, so I got stuck with Shady instead. What a shame.
My team was either bustin or injured, it wasn't cool either way haha. Then when I finally traded to get some RB help in Doug Martin (whom I traded Jordy Nelson and Lawfirm for) he goes and tears his ACL the week of. It was just terrible luck :(

Status
Not open for further replies.