2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
What do you guys think the worst offenses will be this year? Looking at the 10 worst offenses from last year (based on points scored)

-Jacksonville should be a lot better with Marquise Lee and Allen Robinson while Blake Bortles can't be a downgrade at QB, can he? They can still be bottom 10 but not worst in the NFL again, no way.

-Houston is looking scary bad at QB with a Fitzpatrick, Keenum, Savage, TJ Yates battle. If O'Brien can coach up Savage there's some talent there as we all know. Ryan Mallett coming soon?

-Tampa's offense will be better, of course. No Schiano, Tedford's great, Josh McCown should be good, Martin's healthy, the O-Line was upgraded, Mike Evans... yeah.

-I have little faith in the Jets' offense this year, but it can't be much worse.

-Eli Manning and the Giants will rebound. Having Beckham and Andre Williams won't hurt.

-Cleveland can't catch a break, they get a guy who MAY be the answer at QB just in time for all their receivers to get hurt. Ben Tate and Terrence West look good at RB.

-Dolphins should be better with better pass protection, question is, will it be better? So many teams ignored needs this year.

-Wait and see on the Ravens' offense.

-Derek Carr/Matt Schaub and a revamped O-Line and 84 new running backs could propel the Raiders into being an NFL-caliber offense.

-Redskins will improve with RG3 being healthy and DeSean

-In Buffalo, it all depends on how well EJ Manuel will play, since they've put some really nice talent around him.

(Where is Nashville on this list?)

Hmm I still think JAX will be sup-par for another year, something tells me Marqise Lee is going to take a year to get used to the pros seeing as the PAC-12 coverage he was dealing with at USC was honestly a joke at some points. Allen Robinson I'm still kind of unsold on, there's not too many exceptional DBs in the Big 10 that he was dealing with so we'll see how his game can translate to the pros as well. Most obviously though it definitely looks like they plan on rolling full force with Gerhart as the #1 guy... if this works out for them more power to them but as it stands I still think it's a joke :)

Cleveland yeah I mean they get the players they want and then they just can't catch a break idk, if Josh Gordon doesn't end up suspended and if Nate Burleson can stop fucking up that arm with Greg Little, Andrew Hawkins' fast ass and Jordan Cameron as well as Ben Tate, that Edwin Baker dude who had a pretty decent showing near the end of last season and newly drafted Terrance West they would most definitely be poised for the playoff picture on paper.

Tennessee... I'm a Locker fan, idk why I just am.. and now I feel that with CJ2K being out of their they don't have to try and focus their game on trying to get their "premier" player the football consistently even while he's struggling. I like the Bishop Sankey pick, they got Shonn Greene last year and Bishop should compliment him quite nicely if not make a case to start. They have Dexter McClutchster now so him, Kendall Wright and Delanie Walker will own the flat and slot area, but Idk about their outside guys in Nate Washington, Justin Hunter and Brian Robiskie they're simply serviceable players IMO, Nate has some upside compared to the other two but Justin Hunter could blow up potentially given the right circumstances so who knowss I think the Titans are poised for a solid season.

I can't really think of any other weak teams at the moment offensively.. hmm although I am really tired so my mind maybe somewhat cloudy hahaha. I'll take another look at some teams tomorrow, also we should ask this question again when the final 53 man rosters are set.

Anyone hear about that Kenny Britt sex clip that got uploaded to his instagram account?? Haven't heard much about it yet but it sounds like the troublemaker could be in some deep water with his wife, the team and the league.

Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I didn't even notice NIU QB Jordan Lynch went undrafted; Kudos to the Bears for picking him up.

David Fales and Jordan Lynch are two very solid young QBs
Lynch is more of a runner so he could potentially have some wildcat plays drawn up for him in the future wherever he may be.

J.L was one of my favorite players this season and I was pulling for him to win the Heisman.
Sure his competition was pretty inferior but I don't think anyone is denying his talent.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I wish Dolph's was here..
I really want to hear his thought's on what I thought was a pretty solid draft for Wedgie.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Bad idea to force him to deactivate the twitter, oftentimes the "punishment" or the thing that comes after what causes the stir causes more publicity than the act itself, this is no exception.

May do some power ranking stuff this offseason to keep this lively and piss you guys off. :D

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

Josh Gordon was a stoner all last season no doubt with dat smurf Davonne Bess on the team selling him his dank most likely.

Davonne if you all remember was an active Rastafarian and actively posted pictures on his twitter during the NFL season if him smoking blunts.

a WR4 like Bess is definitely not gonna have a drugtest wasted on him so they most likely didn't give a fuck; plus it's part of his religion soooo idk.

Never will understand why marijuana is a banned substance.. if anything they should allow that shit.. there's been a little bit, unfortunately not too much money or time has been invested but there was a study I was reading that cannabis could indeed play a factor in reducing long term symptoms from reoccurring concussion issues.

Goodell stated earlier this year that he and the NFL would definitely consider medical marijuana, not sure where that talk will be going anytime soon but let's hope for the player's sake they eventually clear it.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...es-fined-suspended-for-anti-michael-sam-tweet

I really don't agree with this..
This dude is about to go to sensitivity training longer than Riley Cooper did for the "I'll fight every Nope here" fiasco and that's just not cool.
Why can't people be openly anti-gay?? Michael Sam wants to be judged as a football player and not by his sexual orientation then don't make a news story out of anything related to his being gay even some people saying "disgusting" as a reaction to Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend.

It's one thing if he would've been like "Oh fuck that shit, Michael Sam is a fucking gay ass mother fucker I would never play for the Rams or any team that smurf is on" that is something worth sensitivity ttraining but simply saying "omg" or "nasty, "disgusting" doesn't warrant this type of action.

I get the Dolphins are trying to save face but the only punishment that should've been handed out here is for Don Jones to issue a statement that somewhere along the lines goes "The statements I made were not cool or whatever but those are my personal views and should not be reflected amongst my peers and franchise in the Dolphins"..

I'm willing to bet this won't be the first incident where the NFL or a franchise in the NFL is going to try and save face and protect Michael Sam throughout his career..

Eventually Michael Sam should just come out and be like "Say what you want about me, I will show you my talent on the field bitches.."

PS- I'm not anti-gay by any means I support same-sex marriage I just feel they are going about this type of situation in the wrong way..

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...es-fined-suspended-for-anti-michael-sam-tweet

I really don't agree with this..
This dude is about to go to sensitivity training longer than Riley Cooper did for the "I'll fight every Nope here" fiasco and that's just not cool.
Why can't people be openly anti-gay?? Michael Sam wants to be judged as a football player and not by his sexual orientation then don't make a news story out of anything related to his being gay even some people saying "disgusting" as a reaction to Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend.

It's one thing if he would've been like "Oh fuck that shit, Michael Sam is a fucking gay ass mother fucker I would never play for the Rams or any team that smurf is on" that is something worth sensitivity ttraining but simply saying "omg" or "nasty, "disgusting" doesn't warrant this type of action.

I get the Dolphins are trying to save face but the only punishment that should've been handed out here is for Don Jones to issue a statement that somewhere along the lines goes "The statements I made were not cool or whatever but those are my personal views and should not be reflected amongst my peers and franchise in the Dolphins"..

I'm willing to bet this won't be the first incident where the NFL or a franchise in the NFL is going to try and save face and protect Michael Sam throughout his career..

Eventually Michael Sam should just come out and be like "Say what you want about me, I will show you my talent on the field bitches.."

PS- I'm not anti-gay by any means I support same-sex marriage I just feel they are going about this type of situation in the wrong way..

Agree 100%. People are talking about "moving forward" and "progressing in gay equality", well the thing with equality is that it's a two way street. Lets say for example that you work in a restaurant and a black guy comes in. Do you tell him to fuck off and go be black somewhere else? Of course not. Do you give him extra discounts and such because he's black? Also no, you just barely even notice and just give the dude his food lol. That's equality. Being overly defensive of the dude isn't, and that's why this simply shouldn't be a story.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Philadelphia Eagles agreed to terms with UDFA Nebraska Cornhusker QB Taylor Martinez; this is a very interesting signing. He got hurt after 4 games last season which definitely cost him his draft position.

He's a versatile player; quick and has very good hands.. Good be an interesting play at WR or QB if ever given an opportunity. I hope we can keep him on our Practice Squad for a few years to come, he could potentially be a nice 3rd string QB to have.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Agree 100%. People are talking about "moving forward" and "progressing in gay equality", well the thing with equality is that it's a two way street. Lets say for example that you work in a restaurant and a black guy comes in. Do you tell him to fuck off and go be black somewhere else? Of course not. Do you give him extra discounts and such because he's black? Also no, you just barely even notice and just give the dude his food lol. That's equality. Being overly defensive of the dude isn't, and that's why this simply shouldn't be a story.

Exactly I mean granted he probably shouldn't have said what he said but seriously you can't just prevent people from being anti-gay I mean who knows that is a concept built into family tradition as well as some religions.. It's someone's personal opinion, on a professional level like this most people should realize that one person's opinion does not depict an accurate reflection of their respective team and should let them voice their opinions barring it not be EXTREMELY hateful/almost violent.

Another thing the NFL has to be careful of is that it is believed by a lot of people on the outside that the NFL forced the Rams' to draft Michael Sam in exchange for far more national exposure TV wise as well as some other behind the scenes background funding. If more and more stories come out like this Don Jones one people could start making the case that the overly defensiveness is the NFL trying to protect their "investment" in the history making first openly gay player.

Status
Not open for further replies.