2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...oint-starting-quarterback?ex_cid=SportsCenter

Good move by the Browns to not hand him the job; Hoyer found success majorly in two games prior to him getting hurt.
Not to mention they brought in Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen as well two "seasoned" vets if you will. Honestly I think VY should stick with the team, I feel he can mentor Johnny Manziel at this point in his career; well at least mentor him on what not to do :)

Literally as I was writing this an article just came up saying the Browns have released Vince Young so looks like that won't be the case but my opinion remains the same about him :)

Still with Hoyer and Thigpen I really don't agree with Manziel being given the job; let Hoyer try and do his thing first and give Thigpen a game or two should Hoyer get hurt again for whatever reason before they hand Manziel the reigns.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Don Jones tweets "ugh", everyone's up in arms and suspended from the team.
Ray Rice beats up his wife, nobody bats an eye.

Guess it's bad to be straight nowadays according to the media.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

Deny/Lie until you die I suppose :)

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
CLE Browns extend Joe Haden through 2019.. Great extension; he will be an awesome helper to fresh rookies in Justin Gilbert and Pierre Desir.

3rd Round Pick WR Josh Huff was given a 4 year rookie contract.

Last edited:

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score

Doesn't surprise me that a Dolphin said that.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Aaron Hernandez officially indicted on two additional Murder counts stemming from an incident in Boston during the year 2012.
What a piece of shit lol why this fucker chose gang life and then jail over millions of dollars is beyond me haha.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Hey Danielson, what should I tell the Titans fans down here? Both of them are still pissed, mainly due to your boy Lewan.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Browns sign Miles Austin. definitely a better #1 than Little.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Random rumor post: GO!

Mike McCarthy wants to resign Jermichael Finley.
OT J'Marcus Webb visiting Vikings.
Houston Chronicle: Texans not interested in Mallett
Fox Sports: Dolphins interested in Daryn Colledge. (Also visiting the Eagles)
Ian Rapoport: Desparate ass Browns interested in Santonio Holmes, also he does say the Mallett trade is in the works
GM Bruce Allen: Redskins never came close to trading Kirk Cousins.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Browns sign Miles Austin. definitely a better #1 than Little.
Nah he's pretty bad lol, Greg Little is bad too but Miles Austin has to be done; He'll be lucky to make the team over Earl Bennett (Who also just got signed), Greg Little, Nate Burleson, Travis Benjamin and some others. I can't see him doing much other than maybe like 400 yds and 2 TDs should he even make the team haha.

I'd be interested in a Santonio Holmes to Ohio reunion as well as seeing him square off against the Steelers twice in the year, I just hope with his injury concerns he'd hold up. Now he would be better than Miles or Greg Little IMO.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Nah he's pretty bad lol, Greg Little is bad too but Miles Austin has to be done; He'll be lucky to make the team over Earl Bennett (Who also just got signed), Greg Little, Nate Burleson, Travis Benjamin and some others. I can't see him doing much other than maybe like 400 yds and 2 TDs should he even make the team haha.

I'd be interested in a Santonio Holmes to Ohio reunion as well as seeing him square off against the Steelers twice in the year, I just hope with his injury concerns he'd hold up. Now he would be better than Miles or Greg Little IMO.

Isn't Miles Austin coming off a pretty devastating injury? Remember him being pretty bad last year when healthy, so you're right. Still, props to them for doing something. They've got Hawkins and Travis Benjamin and several guys who are speedsters already on the roster, so maybe things aren't as bleak as they seem, while Bennett's a smart dude.

And from a strictly on-the-field perspective it's worth a gamble to kick the tires on Santonio.

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Isn't Miles Austin coming off a pretty devastating injury? Remember him being pretty bad last year when healthy, so you're right. Still, props to them for doing something. They've got Hawkins and Travis Benjamin and several guys who are speedsters already on the roster, so maybe things aren't as bleak as they seem, while Bennett's a smart dude.

And from a strictly on-the-field perspective it's worth a gamble to kick the tires on Santonio.

Hawkins was the one I forgot; he's a "favorite" of mine if you wanna call him that. I love that little dude's moves; he showed some flashy shit with Cinci.
Miles had some injury issues I believe with the shoulder/collarbone or something around that area; although I might be wrong on that. Idk I just think he never really had his heart into the game over the past few years; I mean he let the likes of Laurent Robinson and Kevin Ogletree outshine him for a bit of time during the past two/three seasons and then last year I think Terrance Williams was his name but completely gave faith in the Cowboys to cut Miles; same with little slot/flat man Cole Beasley.

He may have enough gas in the tank for one more season but like I said I really can't see him going for much more than 400 yards and two/three TDs.

Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.