2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Never heard of him. RIP

If you wanna learn more.. great story and great player..
5d0879fa09caa8410077db1f3319b210.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Morrall

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Whew, it's been a hell of a long time since the last time I've been here. Figured I'd visit to get the low-down before the draft. Anything interesting pop up recently?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Whew, it's been a hell of a long time since the last time I've been here. Figured I'd visit to get the low-down before the draft. Anything interesting pop up recently?

It has been a while, man. After all that money I threw at you, you couldn't even stick around? :tough:

Nothing really interesting has popped up outside of the typical rumors and pre-draft speculation that's fun to talk about but doesn't mean anything. And with the Ravens we aren't even getting that, the only peep I've heard from there is that they're high on Kelvin Benjamin but only want to take him if they can trade down.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Anyone buying the criticism on Bridgewater? Hearing some talk about Derek Carr going before him.
Is he still a first round QB?

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It has been a while, man. After all that money I threw at you, you couldn't even stick around? :tough:

Nothing really interesting has popped up outside of the typical rumors and pre-draft speculation that's fun to talk about but doesn't mean anything. And with the Ravens we aren't even getting that, the only peep I've heard from there is that they're high on Kelvin Benjamin but only want to take him if they can trade down.
Ahh, alright.
Haha, sorry about that, I was just focused on school more so than anything else. I'm still working on these final few dollars before I hit $2,000. I don't plan on going on another hiatus anytime soon though.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Anyone buying the criticism on Bridgewater? Hearing some talk about Derek Carr going before him.
Is he still a first round QB?
The criticism is all bullshit. He is a stud. People putting more stock into a pro day than 2 years of film and productivity are mentally handicapped. Funny enough many of those mental midgets run NFL teams.

Reactions: Snowman1 and Vice

Snowman1

Reaction score
Ahh, alright.
Haha, sorry about that, I was just focused on school more so than anything else. I'm still working on these final few dollars before I hit $2,000. I don't plan on going on another hiatus anytime soon though.

Ahh, cool! Good luck with your school, don't overwork yourself. :haha:

I'm buying that the teams are buying the criticism of Teddy. The big knock on him - besides the lousy pro day and other irrelevant bullshit - is that there's nothing "elite" about him. Bortles is the most polished, Carr has a bazooka hanging from his shoulder, and there's Johnny Freaking Manziel available...what is special about Teddy? (That's the feeling of it, anyway). Then Teddy Bridgewater goes into camp with a chip on his shoulder and yells "FUCK YOU ALL!" before he and Clowney lead Houston to a Super Bowl.

Seriously, Don't think he gets into the 2nd round, but some team will trade up there at the end to nab him... or at least I hope some team trades up to make sure Cleveland doesn't draft him, haha.

Hey Sharpy, (screw this new text editor, I can't tag you! :why:) there's a lot of buzz about the Eggles being high on Donte' Moncrief in the 2nd as your new WR.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Raiders are just going to take Teddy at 5. Fuck all of this noise, its a smoke screen.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
Raiders are just going to take Teddy at 5. Fuck all of this noise, its a smoke screen.

Maybe you can trade down to the 10-15 range for a "2nd round prospect" again?

but it's just like you said before, it just takes one team...

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Fuck that
Denver trades up to #1
Nab Johnny Football.
Peyton sits his old ass on the bench
Manny throws 85 TDs, 0 INTs
Five 1000 yard recievers
Supah Bowl Bound
Manziel and the Broncs ride off into the sunset
Can't tell me any different
:henry:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Maybe you can trade down to the 10-15 range for a "2nd round prospect" again?

but it's just like you said before, it just takes one team...
The people questioning his draft stock make no sense. For instance Mayock, who can be an OK draft analyst at times, basically said this, and I'm paraphrasing, but he said something along the lines of "85% of what you look for is college tape. Bridgewater has 2 years of amazing tape. but the pro day was bad, so fuck the tape and what I just said, he had a bad pro day and I've never seen a good prospect have a bad pro day"

Fuck pro days lol. Who. Cares. How is this for a pro day? Bridgewater leads his team to a win on the road down 10 in the second half to clinch a BCS birth. With a broken fucking wrist

Or he goes on to beat up on a Florida defense lined with pros. Dude takes one of the most vicious hits of all time from one of the hardest hitters I've ever seen Jon Bostic and doesn't miss a beat

but yea, bad pro day. Fringe starter. Maybe take a 2nd round flier on this bum

Reactions: Snowman1
Status
Not open for further replies.