2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I love the nfl.com preview of the "Game of the Week" which gives us gems like this:

If you like shootouts, Alex Smith and the Chiefs travel to Mile High to meet Peyton Manning and the Broncos. There will be fantasy points.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Broncos D will shit on the Chiefs shithead offense in Pile high

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I cant stand the fact that the Giants ended our hopes to the playoffs, should be nice to face them in primetime action.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Draft rumors:

Manziel on Bucs radar at 7

ATL reportedly super interested in moving up for CLowney

Snowman1

Reaction score
Not buying Manziel to Bucs, just can't see Lovie going in that direction, then again I don't know his draft history. Seems to me that he was the type to like "low-floor, high character" players. Probably smoke to get Minnesota to panic or something, or to get Cleveland to panic-grab Manziel to make sure the player they want falls.

Atlanta trading up for Clowney almost makes too much sense to happen. It's the perfect trade for both sides.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I cant stand the fact that the Giants ended our hopes to the playoffs, should be nice to face them in primetime action.
I'll be there dude, can't wait. Should be a good game.

Lions couldn't get out of their own way last year. Giants weren't a bad team to lose to.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Ohio State CB Bradley Roby was arrested and charged with operating a vehicle while impaired in Columbus, Ohio last weekend.
Seems more likely to go in favor of Roby he was sitting in his car in a parking lot and blew like a .008 or something small. He's one of the 30 selected to go to the draft room, probably a good warning to players to stay out of trouble. The difference between 1st and 2nd round is a decent amount of money.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Roby will be fine, lol.

Schefter: "St. Louis not happy with the trade market that's forming around that pick". Seems like most front offices think Clowney's the #1 pick then.

Optimum Scouting: "Cowboys will consider drafting Manziel if he's available" :lol1:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Schefter: "St. Louis not happy with the trade market that's forming around that pick". Seems like most front offices think Clowney's the #1 pick then.
He is. Be it Houston or Atlanta. I saw a thread from a Falcons fan today raging at the idea of trading a boatload of picks for Clowney, basically echoing my sentiment that ATL took a dip last year due to a lack of depth caused by their "win now" trades, namely the Julio trade. Julio is a stud, but they aren't good or deep enough to make another trade like that, this time for Clowney. I think they will realize that though.

Houston is going to CLEAN UP if the QB draft stock rumors are true. imagine getting Clowney and Bridgewater? Teddy B, a guy who was basically a consensus top 2 pick after his Sophomore season and then put up an even better junior season, at 33 overall.

I don't think Teddy will last to 33, but even Bortles or Carr at 33 after getting Clowney is enviable as a Raiders fan.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
He is. Be it Houston or Atlanta. I saw a thread from a Falcons fan today raging at the idea of trading a boatload of picks for Clowney, basically echoing my sentiment that ATL took a dip last year due to a lack of depth caused by their "win now" trades, namely the Julio trade. Julio is a stud, but they aren't good or deep enough to make another trade like that, this time for Clowney. I think they will realize that though.

Houston is going to CLEAN UP if the QB draft stock rumors are true. imagine getting Clowney and Bridgewater? Teddy B, a guy who was basically a consensus top 2 pick after his Sophomore season and then put up an even better junior season, at 33 overall.

I don't think Teddy will last to 33, but even Bortles or Carr at 33 after getting Clowney is enviable as a Raiders fan.

It's not the lack of depth that killed the Falcons last year, it's them sucking dong on both lines of scrimmage. I can't name a Falcons' pass rusher, can you? (Looked it up, Osi lead the team wtih 7.5, forgot about him) And they had the 30th best O-Line. They need their top picks to fill some holes.

If that fall for Teddy happens - and even if the Texans have to trade up a bit to get him - then this could be a historic draft class for Houston. That's really incredible. Shit I'd be envious if they wound up with Manziel (lol as if)

Have you noticed every elite QB not named Manning (and now Luck) had to deal with some kind of adversity to fight back from? Lousy recruiting rankings, transfers through colleges, chaotic free agency periods, falls through the draft, benchings... Doubt it's a coincidence.

Snowman1

Reaction score
One of the coolest stories in NFL history and a true legend, now gone too soon. :downer: RIP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.