2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Even though I can nearly guarantee Reggie won't do anything with an extra 7th, its a nice minor victory to know we didn't just cut the kid.

As you said before Wedgie is at his best when he's only picking 7th rounders lol, what pick would you rather have?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
As you said before Wedgie is at his best when he's only picking 7th rounders lol, what pick would you rather have?
He's gotten us Nathan Stuppar and Brice Butler in the 7th, and Butler was probably the worst player on the Raiders team last year lol. Stuppar was just some "high motor" "hard working" aka "slow" and "unathletic' white LB out of Penn State that never even cracked a preseason field.

The TP situation sucks. I'd rather have tried him at TE or WR than deal him for a 7th. But better than cutting him.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Ahh, was thinking you got Rivera (5th) and Streater (ufa) in the 7th.

Okay then, this 7th rounder can fall back into your silver and black bucket full of depressing things.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I saw a mock draft yesterday that had us taking Derrick Carr in the 2nd round. Which was fine, until I saw Teddy B go 3 picks later in said 2nd round.

I'll kill myself if that happens, but I still seriously doubt teams are going to pass on these QBs no matter how "flawed" the class is. Where was this "flawed QB class" talk when Locker, Gabbert and Ponder went top 12?

Snowman1

Reaction score
I saw a mock draft yesterday that had us taking Derrick Carr in the 2nd round. Which was fine, until I saw Teddy B go 3 picks later in said 2nd round.

I'll kill myself if that happens, but I still seriously doubt teams are going to pass on these QBs no matter how "flawed" the class is. Where was this "flawed QB class" talk when Locker, Gabbert and Ponder went top 12?

Maybe teams are more willing to wait on a QB now that 2nd and 3rd round guys have been doing well (Kaep, Foles, Wilson). Remember last year when people were wondering if guys like Glennon and Nassib would be 1st rounders while Geno was an easy top-10 pick? And these QB's look a hell of a lot better than those guys.

Either way, I can't imagine Minnesota waiting patiently with the 40-somethingth pick and hoping one of the top 4 QB's fall to them. No way. A GM on the hot seat can't risk his job security to a QB competition between Jimmy Garropolo and Matt Cassel lol. They'll either trade back into the 1st or trade up from 8.

And there's no way Carr falls that far lol.

Hype building around Sammy Watkins to Jacksonville since they want to cut ties with Blackmon.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Maybe teams are more willing to wait on a QB now that 2nd and 3rd round guys have been doing well (Kaep, Foles, Wilson). Remember last year when people were wondering if guys like Glennon and Nassib would be 1st rounders while Geno was an easy top-10 pick? And these QB's look a hell of a lot better than those guys.

Either way, I can't imagine Minnesota waiting patiently with the 40-somethingth pick and hoping one of the top 4 QB's fall to them. No way. A GM on the hot seat can't risk his job security to a QB competition between Jimmy Garropolo and Matt Cassel lol. They'll either trade back into the 1st or trade up from 8.

And there's no way Carr falls that far lol.

Hype building around Sammy Watkins to Jacksonville since they want to cut ties with Blackmon.
Blackmon > Watkins on the field.

I'd take a flier on Blackmon pulling his head out of his ass if I were a GM, but I know Wedgie won't.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Blackmon is a BEAST!.. lol he's a druggie tho so teams frown upon that.. I would definitely LOVE to have him still.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-y...han-a-quarterback-to-seawhawks-181356528.html

Interesting... him possibly conceding to take a bigger role in the offense could definitely work... I mean a 6'4" and fast as hell player running slot.. or even running the sideline.. he could get some big plays in. Pete Carroll is an extremely intelligent man. I can see Seattle in contention or possibly even repeating next year if this works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.