2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Lions resigned their center, that do anything for you?

Come on, Oakland. From what I've read everywhere Lamarr is your best player and a must-sign, so... what are you waiting for? You have the room... Haven't heard anything from Baltimore except Jacoby Jones has taught some kids dance lessons. yay.

Actually kinda interested to see where McFadden goes. He might still be... well, McFadden elsewhere, but maybe he could be a servicable running back somewhere else and a good story while you guys keep Rashad/Reece and be happy.

Graham's getting tagged for sure but they're already arguing money. Looking at the FA list Pitta's already 29. Wow.
Heard we are interested in CHris Johnson lol. I first guessed that, wouldn't mind seeing him on a 1 year deal

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Lions are also looking into some Corners, can't blame us for the impressive receiving core the bears have mustered up,plus the vikings are wanting a QB so I think a WR should be the last of our worries.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Lions are also looking into some Corners, can't blame us for the impressive receiving core the bears have mustered up,plus the vikings are wanting a QB so I think a WR should be the last of our worries.
Idk, I think a #2 WR could make Detroit a lot more dangerous.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I hope Jim Bob Cooter can 'turn around" Matthew Stafford... you can't not root for someone named Jim Bob Cooter

Chris Johnson to the Raiders? Really lol, sounds like an odd fit. Surprised you'd hear that considering CJ's still under contract (but sure to be released)

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Patriots are going to be shopping LaGarrette Blount around.... I hope the Dolphins somehow grab him.. he's a beast of a RB.. a little inconsistent but whatever.

We need to resign Brent Grimes and then go for OL free agents... we are 30 mil under cap so we should be able to make a couple moves.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Idk, I think a #2 WR could make Detroit a lot more dangerous.
Division wise it's the right move,every team in our division has a shitty defense so Calvin like this year should have no problem scorching them. I definitely wouldn't complain if we got a #2 receiver though.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Patriots are going to be shopping LaGarrette Blount around.... I hope the Dolphins somehow grab him.. he's a beast of a RB.. a little inconsistent but whatever.

We need to resign Brent Grimes and then go for OL free agents... we are 30 mil under cap so we should be able to make a couple moves.

That's mindboggling. Really, after those crazy contracts the Dolphins have been throwing around you still have 30 mil? Wow lol

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
That's mindboggling. Really, after those crazy contracts the Dolphins have been throwing around you still have 30 mil? Wow lol

Yep.. 32 mil actually

Miami, despite its ill-fated free-agent splurge (largely overpaying for guys like Mike Wallace, Dannell Ellerbe, Philip Wheeler and Brian Hartline -- which helped them go from seven wins in 2012 to eight in 2013) still rolled over $18M of unused cap space into 2014. It has about $32M to spend on players.
Source: cbssports.com

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The same people saying "OMG BRONKOS SUCK SO BAD" are going to be the same people scared to watch their team face them. Thank God I don't have to go through that lol.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Most people that watch the Superbowl aren't even true football fans anyways so I can see why they're ignorant.

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
Hartline is a great receiver... if he were on a team in contention he could put up Welker-like numbers. Dolphins will get better though and his numbers will increase.
Tannehill isn't bad, for a guy who played WR most of his football life. Give him a better O-line, he could do stuff. Dolphins though, in my opinion, have a bright future.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
While were sitting here, what was the GOTY to you guys? Mine was the Bears vs Lions in the 1st bout. You know a game is intense when Nick Fairly scores a TD.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Tannehill isn't bad, for a guy who played WR most of his football life. Give him a better O-line, he could do stuff. Dolphins though, in my opinion, have a bright future.

I agree... Tannehill gets better every game and when he gets to stay on his feet he'll definitely be something special. Despite all the shit the Dolphins went through over the past 6 months I think we also have a lot of positive to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.