2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
What is scary about maclin is he was a legit #1 just a few years back. Him healthy with desean, mccoy, and chip is stupid scary
I've never thought Mac was a WR1. He is a great 2 to have across from DeSean though

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
What's the chance of Incognito staying in Miami?

As a Dolphin fan I say cut both Incognito and Martin and move on... I think Martin will be released soon and Incognito will be shopped and if we can't get anything he will be released as well... time to put that behind us and focus on the coming season... building the OL and getting a stronger, more bruising RB. Everything should work itself out if that happens.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I've never thought Mac was a WR1. He is a great 2 to have across from DeSean though
True that I think if we do happen to get a WR like Huff or Watkins in the draft (as much as I want to go all Defense this year) DeSean is going to get plenty of plays for him moved into the slot that way we can have pure dominance. Maclin & a Speedster on the outsides, DeSean tearing up the slot like he was born to do and Avant opposite him in the slot being a true slot possession receiver.. With Shady, the TE Ertz and Chip this kind of combo would be almost unstoppable because no one would know who to look for.

As a Dolphin fan I say cut both Incognito and Martin and move on... I think Martin will be released soon and Incognito will be shopped and if we can't get anything he will be released as well... time to put that behind us and focus on the coming season... building the OL and getting a stronger, more bruising RB. Everything should work itself out if that happens.
If Incognito is there then Martin will not be there haha, he'll probably be on the Colts for the '14-'15 season.
As for Richie idk, those texts were pretty whack he was talking about a lot of ruthless shit, he definitely won't be on any team's veterans council again soon but he should find himself a spot on a roster just fine.. Although I don't think it will be the Dolphins, he's kind of pissed at how hastily they went about the investigation.

Mean Smark Callous

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.redmeat.com
It needs to be done. St Louis had their run with the greatest show on turf, but L.A. is home. St Louis is so into their baseball that maybe it's not a big loss for them
it seems likely, the rams can leave after this next season. st louis is not going to give stan 700 million for upgrades

Reactions: Danielson

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Take it we'll just use this thread for that?
I suppose. Any news on guys re-signing?

Apparently the Raiders are dragging ass in negotiations with Veldheer and Houston. brilliant

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
What are the chances of Jimmy Graham and the Saints parting ways? Payton has expressed that they aren't going to shell out a ridiculous amount of money to keep him. I'm sure there's at least one other TE hungry team that's willing to do just that.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
What are the chances of Jimmy Graham and the Saints parting ways? Payton has expressed that they aren't going to shell out a ridiculous amount of money to keep him. I'm sure there's at least one other TE hungry team that's willing to do just that.
I don't see how they let him walk. Maybe a franchise tag and trade? But you don't let JImmy Graham walk away. He is worth a lot of money and the Saints should give it to him.

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
I don't think it's very high, there is a chance but I think they will franchise tag him

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Here's the list of the top 25 free agents according to NFL.com just as a reference..

1. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints tight end
2. Greg Hardy, Carolina Panthers defensive end
3. Brian Orakpo, Washington Redskins linebacker
4. Jairus Byrd, Buffalo Bills safety
5. T.J. Ward, Cleveland Browns safety
6. Alterraun Verner, Tennessee Titans cornerback
7. Branden Albert, Kansas City Chiefs left tackle
8. Michael Johnson, Cincinnati Bengals defensive end
9. Lamarr Houston, Oakland Raiders defensive end
10. Brent Grimes, Miami Dolphins cornerback
11. Eugene Monroe, Baltimore Ravens left tackle
12. Vontae Davis, Indianapolis Colts cornerback
13. Linval Joseph, New York Giants defensive tackle
14. Jason Hatcher, Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle
15. Jared Veldheer, Oakland Raiders left tackle
16. Aqib Talib, New England Patriots cornerback
17. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Denver Broncos cornerback
18. Alex Mack, Cleveland Browns center
19. Eric Decker, Denver Broncos wide receiver
20. Michael Bennett, Seattle Seahawks defensive end
21. B.J. Raji, Green Bay Packers defensive tackle
22. Sam Shields, Green Bay Packers cornerback
23. Walter Thurmond, Seattle Seahawks cornerback
24. Donald Butler, San Diego Chargers linebacker
25. Randy Starks, Miami Dolphins defensive tackle

If Miami doesn't resign Brent Grimes I'm going to have a fit!

Reactions: Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Raiders need to re-sign Houston/Veldheer, sign Alex Mack and Michael Johnson

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Apparently the Raiders are dragging ass in negotiations with Veldheer and Houston. brilliant

Lions resigned their center, that do anything for you?

Come on, Oakland. From what I've read everywhere Lamarr is your best player and a must-sign, so... what are you waiting for? You have the room... Haven't heard anything from Baltimore except Jacoby Jones has taught some kids dance lessons. yay.

Actually kinda interested to see where McFadden goes. He might still be... well, McFadden elsewhere, but maybe he could be a servicable running back somewhere else and a good story while you guys keep Rashad/Reece and be happy.

Graham's getting tagged for sure but they're already arguing money. Looking at the FA list Pitta's already 29. Wow.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

We re-signed Riaola to a 1 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.