2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
The Seahawks did show us that you can't have enough good pass rushers... and you've seen me post time and time again that the Rams should stay put for Clowney...

But for Buffalo, though?
makes a lot more sense to me than them giving up on Manuel before he even gets off the runway

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
1070109_419324524871055_299976170_n.jpg

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Andy Reid and the Chiefs are looking at anyway at all if possible to sign DeSean Jackson with their cap space problem. They are on the hunt for a WR after losing out on their target Emmanuel Sanders.
Personally I don't think they're going to be able to but you never know.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Andy Reid and the Chiefs are looking at anyway at all if possible to sign DeSean Jackson with their cap space problem. They are on the hunt for a WR after losing out on their target Emmanuel Sanders.
Personally I don't think they're going to be able to but you never know.
I know Swag loves Reid, but I don't see why. Reid was wasting his potential the last two seasons before Chip showed up.

Chiefs can't afford him anyway. They already have too much tied up into Bowe. Same with Seattle/Percy. Teams don't really get into the habit of paying for FA WRs when they are already on the hook for 10 mill for one WR.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
makes a lot more sense to me than them giving up on Manuel before he even gets off the runway

Oh, no kidding. It makes a heck of a lot more sense than that! Still EJ needs a lot of help, Flacco feels bad for Manuel's supporting cast lol.

Clowney's the only guy they can be trading up for but trading up in general is just ridiculous for them.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Oh, no kidding. It makes a heck of a lot more sense than that! Still EJ needs a lot of help, Flacco feels bad for Manuel's supporting cast lol.

Clowney's the only guy they can be trading up for but trading up in general is just ridiculous for them.
If Houston really is 'desperately trying" to deal the pick maybe they think it is good value.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
I'm loving all the random reports coming out on D-Jax. Just heard on the radio that Nashville isn't interested in him. Well, no shit!

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'm loving all the random reports coming out on D-Jax. Just heard on the radio that Nashville isn't interested in him. Well, no shit!
Oakland is such a no brainer. If Wedgie can do this for me he can have the name Reggie back.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I know Swag loves Reid, but I don't see why. Reid was wasting his potential the last two seasons before Chip showed up.

Chiefs can't afford him anyway. They already have too much tied up into Bowe. Same with Seattle/Percy. Teams don't really get into the habit of paying for FA WRs when they are already on the hook for 10 mill for one WR.

Yeah idk they were talking about restructuring contracts and trying to get money in anyway but yeah I just don't see it happening that cap is a problem for them and too hard to swallow like you say two receivers for 10 mil at the same time and most likely he's looking for a couple of years too so that's quite the commitment financially.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yeah idk they were talking about restructuring contracts and trying to get money in anyway but yeah I just don't see it happening that cap is a problem for them and too hard to swallow like you say two receivers for 10 mil at the same time and most likely he's looking for a couple of years too so that's quite the commitment financially.
It will be really interesting to see the deal he gets now. 5 years 47 before if I'm not mistaken, I expect he will want a 5 year deal worth more than 50 mill with at least 20 in guarantees

Snowman1

Reaction score
Oakland is such a no brainer. If Wedgie can do this for me he can have the name Reggie back.

I'd love to put a damper on this by bringing up Schaub, but if he's considering playing with Alex Smith then that goes out the window.

Just depends on what he wants. Seems to be a battle between the Jets and the Raiders at this point, KC and Carolina have too big of cap issues... wait, why haven't the Patriots chimed in yet? Maybe the gang issues are too much for them after what happened. Overblown but understand not wanting to take a chance

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I expect he will want a 5 year deal worth more than 50 mill with at least 20 in guarantees
For sure, it would have to be more than his previous deal otherwise making all that fuss for more money over the past year would've made no sense.
I hope he gets his money though.

Sounds like we're losing $6 mil instead of $4 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.