2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
oh oh oh I found some news.

Phins wanna trade Mike Wallace! Man, its almost like they gave him a horrible contract in free agency! Who could have seen that coming?? Me! me! me!

spoiler alert: nobody is trading for him on this deal he has.

Mike Wallace is the player people THINK DeSean is. Fact is, DeSean >>>

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
B/R: Best Remaining Free Agents Available:

Knowshon Moreno, Brian De La Puente, Shaun Phillips, Travelle Wharton, Chris Clemons, Carlos Rogers, Santonio Holmes, Thomas DeCoud, LeGarrette Blount, Robert Ayers, Kenny Britt, Sidney Rice, Jermichael Finley, Anthony Spencer, Miles Austin, James Harrison, Owen Daniels, Maurice Jones-Drew, Andre Brown, Eric Winston, Terrell Thomas, Champ Bailey, Jabari Greer, Dustin Keller, Richie Incognito, Pat Sims, Josh Freeman.

Lots of good talent with injury woes.
Its like a 2006 all star team. I doubt any of those guys get more than a 1 year deal.

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
well with those remaining top free agents it just confirms that the arse has really fallen out of the RB market, 4 backs on there who at some point in the season were rb1 for their respesctive teams

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I thought Andre Brown was coming to Oakland but he never signed... we are the only team that has shown interest in him.

I think Knowshon definitely goes back to Denver at this point, also Blount likely back to NE. MJD to Pitt as the backup still makes sense, but I think in his mind he still deserves to be a starter and to be paid like one.

anyway, RB is a young man's game. Any team thinking of signing one of those guys would be better off investing in more scouts to find them a gem in the draft somewhere.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I'm going to give Sanchez one more chance, looking back at the NYJ teams he played with it's no surprise his stats aren't very good. Nevertheless even without a sturdy run game and average receivers to throw to he still lead them to the playoffs his first two years and the AFC championship. I know why he gets all the hate so I'm not saying people have "No reason" to get on his case, I'm just simply stating that I'm willing to give him a chance in an entirely different setting with a sturdy run game in LeSean and plenty of tools to make smart decisions with, we'll see if Kelly can whip him into shape with the intense preseason, training camp workouts workouts that I'm sure won't even compare to the lackluster Jets :)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...itted-taking-several-medications-traffic-stop
Irsay Update: He had like $29k in cash on him in addition to the several bottles of prescriptions. Lol sounds like he was trying to have him self one helluva night.

I see ESPN has Johnny Manziel as the biggest draft risk, he could make or break a front office.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'm going to give Sanchez one more chance, looking back at the NYJ teams he played with it's no surprise his stats aren't very good. Nevertheless even without a sturdy run game and average receivers to throw to he still lead them to the playoffs his first two years and the AFC championship. I know why he gets all the hate so I'm not saying people have "No reason" to get on his case, I'm just simply stating that I'm willing to give him a chance in an entirely different setting with a sturdy run game in LeSean and plenty of tools to make smart decisions with, we'll see if Kelly can whip him into shape with the intense preseason, training camp workouts workouts that I'm sure won't even compare to the lackluster Jets :)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...itted-taking-several-medications-traffic-stop
Irsay Update: He had like $29k in cash on him in addition to the several bottles of prescriptions. Lol sounds like he was trying to have him self one helluva night.

I see ESPN has Johnny Manziel as the biggest draft risk, he could make or break a front office.
Without a sturdy run game? They had the best run game in the league when they were going to AFCCGs lol. Rex Ryan was all about "ground and pound". They had top 10 run games and top 5 defenses both times Sanchez "led" them to the playoffs.

He just isn't the type of guy I bring in as a backup QB. I want a hard working, consistent, headstrong veteran. Not a lazy mentally destroyed immature kid.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

The only teams that really can take the risk on Manziel are ones with new front offices that aren't on the hot seat yet... usually that would give a big "CLEVELAND" flag but their GM is probably on the hot seat already lol

Was just thinking about Sanchez being salvagable and worth a "no-risk deal" (in our eyes), but... I don't want Sanchez as a #2, he's a guy you stick with a good QB coach away from the media and hope you can salvage something out of his career. There's plenty of guys like that in the late rounds of the draft that haven't had their confidence shot and become a national running joke. Why pick up Mark Sanchez when you can get this year's Tyler Bray?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Sanchez has talent, but he is either A.) Blue or B.) never studies because the mistakes he makes are inexcusable. He makes throws that I knew not to make when playing QB in 7th & 8th grade.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
You're right the run game was actually decent in 2009/10 with Thomas Jones and Shonne Green and LDT & Shonne. But after that it went to shit and even during that they never really gave him elite WRs to play with, they spent their money on that good OL(Mangold), Run Game and D. Idk I would have trouble putting up bomb stats with that bust Clowney, Droppy McDropperson Braylon Edwards and Slotmasta Cotch and then even with Santonio Slowlmes (imo never really saw anything brilliant from him in Pitt other than reaping the reward of being opposite Hines Ward). Although Keller is a beast he seemed to be hurtin here or there at least one game a season, they had Kerley who was okay I guess, nothing special; then they bring in Stephen Hill who was basically a new Braylon Edwards. Idk it's like I stated before I'll give him a chance with an entirely different cast and change of scenery, but I do understand why people feel the way they do about him.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The only teams that really can take the risk on Manziel are ones with new front offices that aren't on the hot seat yet... usually that would give a big "CLEVELAND" flag but their GM is probably on the hot seat already lol

Was just thinking about Sanchez being salvagable and worth a "no-risk deal" (in our eyes), but... I don't want Sanchez as a #2, he's a guy you stick with a good QB coach away from the media and hope you can salvage something out of his career. There's plenty of guys like that in the late rounds of the draft that haven't had their confidence shot and become a national running joke. Why pick up Mark Sanchez when you can get this year's Tyler Bray?
Cleveland don't care, they draft Brandon Weeden and Trent Richardson in the same first round and then let them both go like less than two years later.

Speaking of Weeden; I love how Jason Garrett is talking about "developing" a 30-yr old fucking QB.. Sit down Cowgirls..

Reactions: TheArabHammer

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
The Browns were brilliant for tricking Indy into taking T RIch off their hands for a first though.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The Browns were brilliant for tricking Indy into taking T RIch off their hands for a first though.
Yeah lol for sure, even if it is like 21 picks after they took T-Rich initially, they made smart by at least getting a 1st round pick in return.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

I love how Lombardi was such a shitty GM that he got canned after 1 year despite pulling off that trade. Hilarious.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone posted this but..

Jerricho Cotchery's deal with the Panthers is for five years and $8.015 million.
imo I thought it was a quality deal for the Panthers, it's hard to tell what'll happen in 5 years but I mean he's 31 which isn't terrible I mean it's kind of old but he showed last year he can still be a valuable serviceable receiver.

Andy Reid & Chip Kelly have stated they still believe Vick can be a valuable component to whoever it may be (1 year now for the Jets) for a few more years to come.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
guaranteed money is the only # that matters in NFL contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.