2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is Goodell the only one who wants the 18-game season? The players don't want it for obvious reasons, the fans don't want it because the NFL is perfect the way it is, some owners don't even want it to protect the players...

GOODELL YOU DUMBASS STOP MESSING UP A GOOD THING! WAAAAAAAAAH!

They're also messing with a bad thing, thank goodness. The Redskins proposed a rule change about expanding replay to personal fouls. That's great, but then the Patriots want anything to be reviewable via replay. That's better. Don't see why everything shouldn't be challengable.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Goodell is the owners puppet. He pushes their agenda.

As for everything being reviewable, gag. I see enough damn replays and grow tired of it. I wish they would restructure the challenge system somehow, because it is a pain in my ass at this point. I can never be excited for anything, I have to wait to see a replay and then get excited.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Rule changes being proposed at next Wednesday's NFL meeting:

Rule change proposals
:

1. Move the kickoff to the 40-yard line.

2. Expand instant replay to include personal foul penalties.

3. Eliminate overtime in the preseason.

4. Extend the goal posts an additional five feet above the cross bar.

5. Move the line of scrimmage for one-point extra point kicks to the defensive team’s 25-yard line. Two-point conversion attempts would still be snapped from the 2-yard line.

6. Put six cameras on all boundary lines — sideline, goal line, end line, to guarantee coverage for replay reviews.

7. Permit a coach to challenge any official’s decision, except scoring plays which are automatically reviewed.

8. Protect players from getting the sides of their legs rolled up on — the rule already says a blocker can’t hit an opponent in the back of the legs, this proposal will add “or side” to the rule.

9. Allow the referee to consult with members of the NFL officiating department during replay reviews. The referee would be able to speak with the command center in New York to help in reviewing a play.

10. Re-organize the rules about what can be reviewed and what cannot be reviewed, including making the recovery of a loose ball in the field of play reviewable. (This is referred to as the NaVorro Bowman rule, after a controversial call in the NFC Championship Game.)

11. Don’t stop the clock on a sack.

12. Modify pass interference so that it can be called within one yard of the line of scrimmage.

13. Enforce defensive fouls behind the line of scrimmage from the previous spot, rather than from the end of the run or from the spot of the foul.

Bylaw proposals:

1. Raise the number of active players on game day from 46 to 49 for regular-season games played on a day other than Sunday or Monday, excluding Week One.

2. Raise the practice squad limit from eight players to 10 players.

3. Permit clubs to trade players prior to the start of the league year.

4. Eliminate the cut-down to 75 players during training camp and instead just have one cut-down from 90 players to 53 players.

5. Permit more than one player to return to the active list from injured reserve so that any player on injured reserve could return after six weeks.

6. Permit each club to time and test up to 10 draft-eligible players at its facility, and allow any club that wishes to attend timing and testing at another team’s facility.

7. Adjust the time of the roster reduction from 53 after the fourth preseason game from 6 p.m. Eastern to 4 p.m. Eastern. All teams would have to have their list of final cuts in by 4 p.m.

Resolution proposal:

1. Permit a home team with a retractable roof to open or close its roof at halftime, instead of having to determine at the start of the game whether it is open or closed.

I think the current challenge system is fine, if they could speed it up it would be great (as well as having more obvious touchdowns just not get reveiwed at all). The regular coaches' challenges are fine because there's so few.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I wish it were more in the coaches hands. Make it a strategic element of the game. The booth reviewing everything bugs the piss out of me.

I say give coaches 3 challenges, if they nail em all they can have a parting gift of a 4th, and leave the damn booth out of it.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Eh, I'd rather they do the best job they can to get the call right on those "swing plays".

And in a weird way, it's better to "expect" them to take forever on a replay after every TD than to wonder whether or not the coach is going to throw the flag. To each his own, I guess.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Eh, I'd rather they do the best job they can to get the call right on those "swing plays".

And in a weird way, it's better to "expect" them to take forever on a replay after every TD than to wonder whether or not the coach is going to throw the flag. To each his own, I guess.
To your first point, its on the coach. Challenging becomes a part of how valuable a coach is. Does he know when to challenge or does he not?

I get so tired of seeing obvious reviews for no reason after every single turnover or touchdown.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I can't stand Bradley Cooper so I can not watch it.
Anyone who was in "Wet Hot American Summer" gets a pass from me :)
although I have to say Bradley Cooper sucked major dick in the Hangover movies; I liked him in The Place Beyond the Pines & Silver Linings Playbook. The other stuff I liked him in were his smaller roles like in "The Rocker".

7b1a94d04c52129607ef134f88ed669c.jpg

Was nice seeing De Niro rep the Eagles in Silver Linings though haha

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
well that escalated quickly

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4659/desean-jackson

There have been so many conflicting reports on the Eagles' feelings about D-Jax that it's hard to know what to believe. "There is no way he's an Eagle this year," the person close to Jackson said. "However it leaked out, it leaked out, and now this is what you have." Eagles beat writer Nick Fierro predicts "Jackson is out of here for sure, and long before the NFL draft too." Appearing on Sirius XM Radio Thursday morning, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio told host Ross Tucker that "DeSean Jackson's act is wearing thin with Chip Kelly."

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
REGGIE. WAKE UP FRANKENBERRY. GET THIS SHIT DONE ASAP MOTHERFUCKER

TKv4CgF.gif

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Cardinals add Ex-Jets CB Antonio Cromartie.
Kind of figured that was going to be the case, should be interesting to see him opposite P.P.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Cardinals add Ex-Jets CB Antonio Cromartie.
Kind of figured that was going to be the case, should be interesting to see him opposite P.P.
dude Cards are legit as fuck. I would be shocked if they weren't a playoff team next season

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
dude Cards are legit as fuck. I would be shocked if they weren't a playoff team next season
That's become a really tough division now between SEA/SF/ARI
I remember not too long ago that whole division was nothing but a bunch of free wins :) crazy how shit changes in a matter of like 5-10 years

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Not much has been said about Britt's Redskins visit other than he loved the place he ate at and wants to open one in Hoboken, NJ
I wonder if he was offered anything, I know they're looking; they don't want RGKnee running around like a chicken with his knees cut off.

Status
Not open for further replies.