2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not that big of a DeSean fan...

but I'd still do that trade in a heartbeat.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Not a fan of DeSean as a dude or as a player? One I could understand, the other I could not.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Roseman is trying to get a rise out of teams seeing the best they will give; from what they're saying on the radio in Philly it's all a big ruse allegedly he is not being traded yet/at all, they are just entertaining offers in case another team one up bids a different team until it gets to a first round pick only then will they consider it and they're looking for a partner in the top #10.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Roseman is trying to get a rise out of teams seeing the best they will give; from what they're saying on the radio in Philly it's all a big ruse allegedly he is not being traded yet/at all, they are just entertaining offers in case another team one up bids a different team until it gets to a first round pick only then will they consider it and they're looking for a partner in the top #10.
lol they are beyond moronic if they think Swag can net them a top 10 pick.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
lol they are beyond moronic if they think Swag can net them a top 10 pick.
Yeah idk personally that's why I don't think they're trading him. Too many conflicting reports; my friend over in Boston is saying that on their radio they reported the Patriots offered up a 3rd & 7th round pick for him this morning, if that's true by the logic of reports then we should've seen a trade get made already within the last few hours.

I wouldn't mind trading him, we don't necessarily need him. $12 mil against the cap this season and 10.4 mil next season is pretty steep especially when we have; Foles, Kendricks, LeSean, Fletcher Cox needing new contracts and then I'm sure Lane Johnson will want an adjustment if he has another solid season and then if Maclin does good and we want him back again we'll have to throw some money his way.
It wouldn't be the same by any means but the addition of Sproles can make up a little bit of ground lost and then try and draft someone decent to make up for the outside. Also if they do move him somewhere I would hope they sign Lance Moore to take care of slot issues that DeSean and Avant's departure would create.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Eagles offense isn't NEARLY as scary without DeSean. He opens it up for everybody else.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Eagles offense isn't NEARLY as scary without DeSean. He opens it up for everybody else.
My whole thing is with all the receiving weapons Foles & Kelly sometimes forget about Shady; he should always have 20 carries unless they're way too far ahead. (5 Games did not follow that: 8, 11, 12, 15, 16; the 8 was in that Vikings game which we lost...) I think Shady would handle the "opening the field" duties just fine.

If we draft Huff he can burn from the slot and I think that will be the only part of his game that will translate to the pros and we could use that after a DeSean trade. Also if they trade I don't think Huff would be our first WR drafted; we would probably select WR Marquise Lee with that #22 overall and try to draft S Deone Buccannon in the 2nd or 3rd rather than a Safety in the first.

It'll be interesting for the Eagles either way if DeSean is there or not.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I went to sleep for like an hour and had the most realistic dream that they actually traded him and Nick Foles to the Browns for Josh Gordon and a 4th & 5th round Draft pick and resigned Michael Vick immediately after.

b72fcd73c78851aa4aa70080d853463f.jpg

Meanwhile in Real Life.... http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10632166/michael-vick-visit-new-york-jets-weekend; possible signing this weekend although I still think he'll wait for draft.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Not a fan of DeSean as a dude or as a player? One I could understand, the other I could not.

I'm not as big a fan of him as a player personally (obviously not as a dude), it may have changed this year but he's "just a burner" like a rich man's Torrey. But he's still an incredible athlete who is damn good at what he does. He deserves the money.

Niners have talked to him as well as NE. Both teams could use a burner. Didn't SF sign a WR already?

Cowboys get Melton, Vick visiting the Jets, and holy crap RB news!!!!! MJD visiting Pittsburgh

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
MJD in Pittsburgh would be awesome; him and LeVeon Bell could be a decent Tandem :)
Plus I would have the possibility to see him once upto 4 times in the year since CLE & CIN stadiums are decently cheap and close.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I wonder how much he has left. Dude has a ton of touches in his lifetime

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I wonder how much he has left. Dude has a ton of touches in his lifetime
True dat, I bet he has enough if the gas tank to handcuff to someone but definitely not an every down back by any means these days, I'm going to say 8-12 touches/gm max.

NickAngel12

Jobber
Reaction score
the Cowboys surprisingly have a good offseason. Not overpaying any has-beens while getting someone in his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.