2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Ted Ginn is in Arizona now, didn't even see that move get made a few days back lol.
Hixon is in Chicago
LaFell in New England
Smith in Baltimore
That was literally the WR depth that Carolina ended the season with last year, they literally have no one.

With the space they have left they can comfortably sign the following 3 WRs and then draft a projected "ELITE WR" in the draft as well as another utility receiver most likely;
1) Lance Moore, he can take care of Cam Newton's slot passes.
2) Mario Manningham, coming off an injury that put him out last season Manningham is not likely to return to SF this season; he'll most likely have to settle for a decently cheap 1yr evaluation offer after the injuries which makes him a prime candidate for what little room the Panthers have left. He's an okay possession receiver, nothing special but the Panthers can't really complain since it's an upgrade from nothing.
3) Kenny Britt, 1 Yr Prove it Deal.. This would be the downfield threat, Britt has shown his potential to be a badass WR but has also shown more frequently that he may be a bust.

These 3 WRs are estimated for 2.5-3.5 mil total for the year, and with the shape they're in at the position I don't think they can risk going in there with an all rookie wideout squad with the # they're picking at.

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
Ted Ginn is in Arizona now, didn't even see that move get made a few days back lol.
Hixon is in Chicago
LaFell in New England
Smith in Baltimore
That was literally the WR depth that Carolina ended the season with last year, they literally have no one.

With the space they have left they can comfortably sign the following 3 WRs and then draft a projected "ELITE WR" in the draft as well as another utility receiver most likely;
1) Lance Moore, he can take care of Cam Newton's slot passes.
2) Mario Manningham, coming off an injury that put him out last season Manningham is not likely to return to SF this season; he'll most likely have to settle for a decently cheap 1yr evaluation offer after the injuries which makes him a prime candidate for what little room the Panthers have left. He's an okay possession receiver, nothing special but the Panthers can't really complain since it's an upgrade from nothing.
3) Kenny Britt, 1 Yr Prove it Deal.. This would be the downfield threat, Britt has shown his potential to be a badass WR but has also shown more frequently that he may be a bust.

These 3 WRs are estimated for 5 mil total for the year, and with the shape they're in at the position I don't think they can risk going in there with an all rookie wideout squad with the # they're picking at.
I will cry if Lance Moore signs.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
They better hope and pray Marquise Lee falls to 28, but I seriously doubt it. He is the biggest day 1 difference maker at WR IMO.

No possible way lol. MAYBE they can luck into Kelvin Benjamin.

What happened to Lee's draft stock anyway? Shitty quarterbacking? He seemed to be about at the level of Watkins this time last year

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

What happened to Lee's draft stock anyway? Shitty quarterbacking? He seemed to be about at the level of Watkins this time last year
I like Kelvin Benjamin a lot! Given the right experience he could potentially be the next Alshon Jeffrey (one of my personal favorites at the WR position from last season).

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Saints fan.
Oh haha yeah that would make sense, it happens a lot though inner division signings; some teams believes it gives them a leg up on their rivals. I truly see Lance Moore signing with the Panthers, regardless if no mention has been made of it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

Lee's stock went into the shitter with USC as a whole this season. If he were allowed to declare after his Sophomore season he would have been the #1 WR by a mile in last year's draft.

I think he is as good if not better than Watkins.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
@Dolph'sZiggler
How would you feel about Moreno in OAK?
Been hearing some things on the radio how other than the Dolphins it is believed the Raiders and the Falcons are the only ones looking at him with the Raiders being the favorite. Then again in a buyers market the team with the most cap left is always the favorite :)

Personally I think the Browns should nut up and sign him too; I wouldn't give Ben Tate the reigns by himself just yet, I still say he benefited majorly from handcuffing to Foster. If I was the Browns GM I would have to say Runningback by Committee is the best way to go this season with no elite ones being on the market and not really many superstar standout looking backs in the draft.

Snowman1

Reaction score
*jumps up and down, holding my hand in the air*

Ooooh ooooh ooooh! I want Knowshon!

As a non-Raiders fan, I don't really see the point to bringing Knowshon to Oakland. They already have a nice committee with the guys they have.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
RBs are, with the exception of some elite talents, as good as the team around them. In other words Moreno won't do shit in Oakland

Snowman1

Reaction score
Oakland Tribune: "Raiders will wait for Donald Penn at a price because their hope is Menelik Watson puts injury woes behind him and seizes the job."

what

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
One can only assume the Raiders are about to make a serious move after this season, there's no way they're saving this money for their own good.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Oakland Tribune: "Raiders will wait for Donald Penn at a price because their hope is Menelik Watson puts injury woes behind him and seizes the job."

what
I would like to see Watson at LT. He either shows potential and we might have a solution at the position or he is complete dog shit and aids us on our way to 1-15.

Either way, that report makes it seem like we've given no consideration to an OT at 5, which is wonderful news for me.

Reactions: Snowman1
Status
Not open for further replies.