2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
Yeah it's hard to disagree with the success of the Packers and Giants but you guys need to be better at signing your own guys, haha.

Like New York's "Lets sign a bunch of mediocre linebackers who'd make good Disney movies' linebacker philosophy. :)

:lol1: I think the Packers do a fairly good job with their draft picks. There have been a few bad ones over the years but our scouting has been positive overall.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
:lol1: I think the Packers do a fairly good job with their draft picks. There have been a few bad ones over the years but our scouting has been positive overall.
GB was an elite drafting team ~5 years ago but lately? Not seeing a huge influx of talent being added to the GB roster in April (or now May).

Lacy was a great pick last year though I guess.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Yeah it's hard to disagree with the success of the Packers and Giants but you guys need to be better at signing your own guys, haha.

Like New York's "Lets sign a bunch of mediocre linebackers who'd make good Disney movies' linebacker philosophy. :)
This is a joke right? lol. The giants resigned tuck to a big contract before, strahan was a giant for life, so was LT, Toomer, Eli, Tiki, Chris snee, Phil Simms. They do a great job of re-signing their own guys. They let tuck go (wish they didn't) and Hakeem Nicks who hasn't tried for two years, call it injuries, he lacked heart last year. Why do you think he was only able to get a 1 year contract?

Guess Cruz signing a big deal last year doesn't count either. Hmm

Also, we re-signed Jon Beason no? He was great for us last year.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
This is a joke right? lol. The giants resigned tuck to a big contract before, strahan was a giant for life, so was LT, Toomer, Eli, Tiki, Chris snee, Phil Simms. They do a great job of re-signing their own guys. They let tuck go (wish they didn't) and Hakeem Nicks who hasn't tried for two years, call it injuries, he lacked heart last year. Why do you think he was only able to get a 1 year contract?

I think the Giants do fine at re-signing most of their own big name guys. Nicks definitely quit on the Giants last year, but they seemed to quit on him to a certain degree as well, be that the effect to Hakeem's cause, perhaps. Nicks could have signed a multi year deal, no doubt in my mind, he smartly took the 1 year deal because he and his agent know he stands to make a ton more money on the market next year if he can play well in Indy this season.

Reactions: Danielson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I think the Giants do fine at re-signing most of their own big name guys. Nicks definitely quit on the Giants last year, but they seemed to quit on him to a certain degree as well, be that the effect to Hakeem's cause, perhaps. Nicks could have signed a multi year deal, no doubt in my mind, he smartly took the 1 year deal because he and his agent know he stands to make a ton more money on the market next year if he can play well in Indy this season.
I actually agree with you, but my only thing is that if he wanted that big money, he shouldn't have been giving up on routes last year. Cost him getting the big money this off-season. He was my favorite player at one point too smh

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I actually agree with you, but my only thing is that if he wanted that big money, he shouldn't have been giving up on routes.
No doubt he botched his contract season. I saw no effort out of the guy when watching him play last year, but luckily for him he is talented enough to still be on the cusp of a big pay day if he can rebound with Luck and crew.

Nicks effort levels aside, the Giants offense as a whole was a complete mess the first half of the season. Things fell apart and he completely collapsed and checked out mentally, which is always the worst thing an athlete can do in the eyes of fans, coaches, teammates or anyone really.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
No doubt he botched his contract season. I saw no effort out of the guy when watching him play last year, but luckily for him he is talented enough to still be on the cusp of a big pay day if he can rebound with Luck and crew.

Nicks effort levels aside, the Giants offense as a whole was a complete mess the first half of the season. Things fell apart and he completely collapsed and checked out mentally, which is always the worst thing an athlete can do in the eyes of fans, coaches, teammates or anyone really.
Yup, it was a mess from day one too with the running back situation. We used peyton hillis, and several back up offensive lineman. The giants have went out and gotten a solid lineman in Schwartz, who is one of the better ones out there that was available. They also got a RB in Jennings that I think will do well if we can snag another one to compliment him. We also re-signed Beason, which basically locks down the MLB position. If we can snag a RB, A CB, and maybe another lineman they had a very good off-season going into the draft without shelling out a massive contract.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Also, we re-signed Jon Beason no? He was great for us last year.

Did have a brainfart when writing that, was really distracted lol. The first part about how ignoring free agency works for the Giants was true, but was strictly thinking Pack for the rest and didn't pay enough attention to specify lol. Seems like a lot of the time Thompson views guys (like James Jones) as expendable since, as CrayJ said, they seem to hit on a bunch of draft picks.

Yes, the whole part about the linebackers was a joke after seeing McClain and Herzlich was a joke. That's what you should be doing in FA. Sign some okay role players at positions you need them, and resign guys like Beason. Hope he stays healthy.

And we both expected Nicks to get a 1 year deal.

Sorry to offend you, you won't hear from me again.

Reactions: Danielson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Did have a brainfart when writing that, was really distracted lol. The first part about how ignoring free agency works for the Giants was true, but was strictly thinking Pack for the rest and didn't pay enough attention to specify lol. Seems like a lot of the time Thompson views guys (like James Jones) as expendable since, as CrayJ said, they seem to hit on a bunch of draft picks.

Yes, the whole part about the linebackers was a joke after seeing McClain and Herzlich was a joke. That's what you should be doing in FA. Sign some okay role players at positions you need them, and resign guys like Beason. Hope he stays healthy.

And we both expected Nicks to get a 1 year deal.

Sorry to offend you, you won't hear from me again.
lol dude don't be like that. I was just saying, man. i'd expect you to tell me if I was wrong too :)

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Here Ye! Here Ye! Emmanuel Sanders to replace Decker's void in Denver.

2 Years down the Road...
Emmanuel Sanders signs 5 year deal with Jets for 35 mil 15 guarenteed :)

Reactions: TheArabHammer

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Jesus. I would rather have Sanders than Decker personally. Broncos are absolutely pillaging this free agency period.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.