2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Welcome to the Dolphins Pro Bowl CB Cortland Finnegan and G Shelley Smith.... I am loving this new GM and the moves he is making so far... Can't wait for the Draft and the start of the season... ready for at least 10 wins this year! FINS UP!!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
"Oakland's choice of quarterbacks in order, according to ESPN Raiders' Paul Gutierrez: Matt Schaub, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman and Michael Vick"

Please tell me they got a list that was accidentally in reverse order.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
"Oakland's choice of quarterbacks in order, according to ESPN Raiders' Paul Gutierrez: Matt Schaub, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman and Michael Vick"

Please tell me they got a list that was accidentally in reverse order.
At least Sanchez would be funny. Schaub would just be sad.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Always a great thing when teams steal players from other rivals.

Just realized I haven't heard a peep about Knowshon, or really any other RB besides Tate. Any news on No-Show Moreno?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
nope. since the market is so cold I would guess he might just re up with Denver.

RBs generally have to wait out the market since their perceived value is lower than most any other position

Snowman1

Reaction score
Well if nobody else wants him he should be available for really cheap. They need him back, you know how important pass protection is to Manning now.

Just saw PFF's receiver rankings, it's alarming the kind of stats that are out there about Baltimore's offense last year, keep finding new ones to see just how bad things were lol. (Flacco being the #32 QB stands out a lot, and it's incredible how little heat he's getting from last season because his supporting cast was such garb) Apparently Ray Rice is trying to get in shape for this season. Novel concept.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I saw Rice was the dead last ranked PFF RB by a wide margin. Distant #2 worst was DMC lol

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Apparently Ray Rice is trying to get in shape for this season. Novel concept.
Still avoiding drafting him after last year :)

I wanna see where the workhorses end up; CJ2K & MJD.
For some reason I have Knowshon would ending up in OAK; Blount in MIA and Tate in CLE.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Why are JAX fans so pumped about Toby Gerhart? I never saw much special out of him whenever he did get to play.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I saw Rice was the dead last ranked PFF RB by a wide margin. Distant #2 worst was DMC lol

LOL, fans of shitty RB's rejoice! :win:

There's 3 quotes I'll remember Ray Rice for this year. Paraphrasing.
-Talk in Baltimore sports radio this week is all about giving Bernard Pierce, a running back averaging 2.7 ypc (ranked 70th out of 72 running backs) the ball more. That's how Ray Rice is playing this year. -Jamison Hensley, around week 6/7
-Ray Rice is last in the NFL in broken tackle %, with 9 broken tackles on 214 attempts. -Baltimore Sun
-If you take the uniforms off both players, you couldn't tell the difference between Ray Rice and Willis McGahee. -Matt Berry, after the 2nd game against Cleveland that I'm still bitter about since it cost me a fantasy win

I wonder how long the leashes on our RB's will be this year. They really believe in Oakland that they can salvage DMC's career, but... what if it doesn't pan out? When will they pull the trigger on the Latavius Murray push?

And Sharpy, I wonder where Ray Rice will be drafted this year? Maybe it'll be like that other dude earlier in the thread said about T-Rich, he could be an okay gamble in like the 10th round or something. Anything other than that? You know better lol

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
And Sharpy, I wonder where Ray Rice will be drafted this year? Maybe it'll be like that other dude earlier in the thread said about T-Rich, he could be an okay gamble in like the 10th round or something. Anything other than that? You know better lol
Shit if Ray is around there for me I'll take him lol, I will take him anywhere past round 7, after I get at least two diesel RBs.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Blech I wish football started sooner :( Tryin to get my fantasy on.

Have seriously considered joining fantasy baseball this year just to have something similar lol. Just a shame that you have to watch baseball to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.