2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
One of my favorite giants. It was tough seeing him almost break his neck a few years ago. Last year was the first year he was healthy, and that new helmet prevents people from grabbing his mask when he burns by the defenders. He can play DT or DE. Great addition, and for only 11 million? Didn't the Bucks sign someone with 3.5 sacks for 30 million? Steal

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So @Snowman , I'm a bit late, but if you haven't heard already, Baltimore is aggressively shopping Steve smith. He'll be visiting with the ravens tomorrow. Assuming we sign him, along with remaining Jacoby Jones, could change our draft strategy? Maybe shift to o line? I've also heard that the ravens are in contact with Alex Mack.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I'll be really interested to see the deal he gets after what Decker and Tate got. I imagine he will come cheaper, which is a steal.
Lol for real though!
I hear he wants it to be pretty long term, hopefully for his sake he gets Decker like money.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
So @Snowman , I'm a bit late, but if you haven't heard already, Baltimore is aggressively shopping Steve smith. He'll be visiting with the ravens tomorrow. Assuming we sign him, along with remaining Jacoby Jones, could change our draft strategy? Maybe shift to o line? I've also heard that the ravens are in contact with Alex Mack.

If we sign Steve Smith, I'd say go defense in the 1st. They want a more athletic safety than Ihedigbo to pair with Elam, and we need to find an impact linebacker/possible Daryl Smith replacement and an Arthur Jones replacement. Think we'll go there, and probably draft another WR later.

There's no center prospect worth taking in the 1st round (come on, trade for Mack! DO IT DO IT DO IT!), although we could take a right tackle I suppose. The thought of using an almost first half of the first round pick on a right tackle doesn't sit well with me though

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Golden Tate to Detroit... nice little tandem now with Megatron and Tate... Stafford should have at least 5k yds passing again... but will the Lions have a winning record?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Stupid False/Conflicting Reports.. Brandon Browner not in NE just yet and the Eagles did not sign S Chris Clemons yet (a move I really want to go down)

Snowman1

Reaction score
Yea, he is done. Not hyped about him. Tuck is OK, but Woodley.. meh.

Been seeing the Tuck/Woodley deals were mainly done to get Oakland over the salary floor since they were relying on the 16 mil for Saffold to do that. They may wind up taking the really slow burn and building through the draft. Good luck with that.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I wanna see Vick sign somewhere, he's saying he wants to wait til after the draft.. I believe he wants to see if OAK is drafts Bridgewater or Carr and also what Minnesota does; The Jets have Vick as their top target which makes sense given they have Geno Smith in the works and Vick could be a good mentor. However Vick's stance has been that he wants to start and he's thinking if OAK drafts Bridgewater they will roll with him from the start if he has a good camp/preseason, same goes for whoever gets Manziel tbh. I would probably go to wherever doesn't have a QB and rolls with Tahj Boyd (if that happens); I can see Vick being a mentor to him like Geno as well.

This guy also plays a factor most likely in Vick's decision, idk why but Matt Schaub is looked at still.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-off-on-cutting-matt-schaub-try-to-trade-him/
"Try to Trade & Matt Schaub" are words that just make no sense after last season :p

Snowman1

Reaction score
If Gabbert can get a 6th rounder then Schaub should at least get a 4th lol

I don't know why, but Vick and Mentor shouldn't be used in the same sentence. Vick's never been a very smart QB who's just a beast off an athlete. Dude is apparently great to have in the locker room now though.

4 years for Brandon Pettigrew from Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.