2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
oh god, stay tuned to this soap opera

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5856/rodger-saffold

NFL.com's Mike Silver reports it was Raiders owner Mark Davis who nixed the Rodger Saffold deal.
Davis apparently had concerns about the shoulder Saffold injured last preseason. Per Silver, Saffold "could have had surgery and been ready for training camp," but Davis wouldn't have it. It's a troubling development for many reasons. It shows a lack of faith in GM Reggie McKenzie, and is an indication that, despite his protestations to the contrary, Davis has some of his father's management style to him. Davis has left egg on his GM's face, and his offensive line without a left tackle. It's a sad state of affairs in Oakland.
:facepalm: another year bites the dust

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Decker with the Jets for five years with 36.25 million, oh boy.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Brandon Browner is visiting NE tomorrow. Jets also interested. He is suspended the first 4 games of 2014 I think, but he is a big physical beast of a press corner. Good player in the right scheme, but he is almost 30. Probably be a cheap stop-gap option. I just love the idea of a 6'4 CB, plus it was hilarious when he owned Greg Jennings:
fightpack_medium.gif

Titans are bringing in Lamar Woodley. Hope he goes there instead of Oakland.

Jason Hatcher set to visit Seattle and Oakland. Now there's a signing I can get behind. Beast mode of an interior pass rusher, had double digits sacks and 3 FFs as a DT last year.

Captain Munnerlyn has visits lined up with Minnesota, Tampa and the Jest

Jason Avant visited New England. They really only want Brady to have mediocre WRs I think.

Colts and Ravens have looked into Alex Mack, but the Browns can match any contract he signs with them (though his agent is talking a big game about being able to work around that)

Henry Melton visiting Minnesota. Jesus Christ, how many D Lineman are they going to sign? They already paid two average talents 40+ million lmao . I've also heard Melton linked to Oakland, but most think Dallas is the landing spot.

Raiders are definitely going after BJ Raji.

Jermichael Finley visiting Seattle....

Antonio Cromartie says he is "open" to playing for the Redskins. I haven't found anything on his cousin DRC. I think some team should sign them both, slick tandem. Well, Antonio seems to have lost a step last year. DRC is pretty legit.

Brandon Spikes is leaving New England, but the market is luke warm for a guy who can't defend the pass. Raiders could use a guy like him though

Jared Allen might just retire if he doesn't get "the right offer" AKA enough dough.

Texans saying they won't release Schaub any time soon.

Ben Tate probably going to Cleveland.

Jets still pursuing James Jones even with Decker signing

Redskins interested in Kenny Britt.

Anthony Collins, best LT left in free agency, likely to sign with Tampa.

Manny Sanders (WR) & Walter Thurmond III (CB) visiting Jacksonville.

that's all I got. slow news day.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
GTA: Running Back Edition. Eagles trade a 5th rounder for Darren Sproles.

The same 5th rounder they got from the Patsies for Sopoaga.

They traded Issac Sopoaga for Darren Sproles.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Brandon Browner is visiting NE tomorrow. Jets also interested. He is suspended the first 4 games of 2014 I think, but he is a big physical beast of a press corner. Good player in the right scheme, but he is almost 30. Probably be a cheap stop-gap option. I just love the idea of a 6'4 CB, plus it was hilarious when he owned Greg Jennings:

Gotta expect NE picking him up. Seems like it's a pure-upside move, if he's healthy and not suspended the guy can be killer. If something goes ary, NE has to be used to shitty corners by now. Him to the Jets sounds dumb from both sides

Titans are bringing in Lamar Woodley. Hope he goes there instead of Oakland.

Why would he sign with Oakland? He goes to a non-competitive team, and you get someone who could potentially be an elite pass rusher who could accidentally win you games. Failure on both accounts but the Titans aren't much better atm

Jason Hatcher set to visit Seattle and Oakland. Now there's a signing I can get behind. Beast mode of an interior pass rusher, had double digits sacks and 3 FFs as a DT last year.

Yeah, he's great. Him in Seattle would be unfair.

Captain Munnerlyn has visits lined up with Minnesota, Tampa and the Jest

ok

Jason Avant visited New England. They really only want Brady to have mediocre WRs I think.

Yeah, really! Come on, you can do better than Jason Avant... maybe he'll be the random slot guy who catches a million balls this year?

Colts and Ravens have looked into Alex Mack, but the Browns can match any contract he signs with them (though his agent is talking a big game about being able to work around that)

YES! DO IT OZZIE! ALEX MACK TO BALTIMORE WOULD BE THE SHIIIIIIIIT!

Henry Melton visiting Minnesota. Jesus Christ, how many D Lineman are they going to sign? They already paid two average talents 40+ million lmao . I've also heard Melton linked to Oakland, but most think Dallas is the landing spot.

A lot of these free agent signings just leave me with one thing to say... when a good player like Henry Melton goes to a shitty team like Minnesota, there's gonna be no motivation and he's gonna bust. That sucks.

Raiders are definitely going after BJ Raji.

See above

Jermichael Finley visiting Seattle....

No, THAT is unfair. If Jermichael Finley lives up to his potential up there

Antonio Cromartie says he is "open" to playing for the Redskins. I haven't found anything on his cousin DRC. I think some team should sign them both, slick tandem. Well, Antonio seems to have lost a step last year. DRC is pretty legit.

Both of these moves would be awful unless RG3 REALLY turns it around. Both guys have had awful seasons lately and they're prime candidates for the "No motivation" tag.

Brandon Spikes is leaving New England, but the market is luke warm for a guy who can't defend the pass. Raiders could use a guy like him though

For cheap, too.

Jared Allen might just retire if he doesn't get "the right offer" AKA enough dough.

stfu

Texans saying they won't release Schaub any time soon.

Your prayers have been answered! Needs a change of scenery, still

Ben Tate probably going to Cleveland.

cool

Jets still pursuing James Jones even with Decker signing

We all know they need more than one guy, but this seems unnecessary. I actually like Kerley quite a bit, he could make a nice #2 or #3. So this way they'll have 3 #2 Receivers and no #1

Redskins interested in Kenny Britt.

You know how I feel on him. Great buy low candidate for cheap, but need a good organization and a backup plan. Have no faith in the Redskins having eitiher

Anthony Collins, best LT left in free agency, likely to sign with Tampa.

As expected. The dude is a BEAST. No quarterback hit allowed last year.

Manny Sanders (WR) & Walter Thurmond III (CB) visiting Jacksonville.

Poor fellas. Not even visiting the Jaguras but just Jacksonville in general

that's all I got. slow news day.[/I]

Corey Graham to Buffalo. Good ST player, lets hope he does well up there. I worry about Baltimore corners leaving to go elsewhere though, they usually never pan out and we find some other random dude off the street to start and do really well... like replacing Cary Williams with Graham

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
GTA: Running Back Edition. Eagles trade a 5th rounder for Darren Sproles.

The same 5th rounder they got from the Patsies for Sopoaga.

They traded Issac Sopoaga for Darren Sproles.
Steal for the Saints. 31 year old RBs aren't worth 5th round picks lol.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Didn't know he was that old, damn. Wonder how much he has left?

Still, if he's still a quality receiving RB, he's a perfect fit for the Chip Kelly offense. And at least more help than Sopoaga

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Sproles is going to be mainly a special teamer I would imagine. If I'm an Eagles fan personally, I don't want to see Sproles taking away touches from Shady or Bryce Brown.

Also, they traded Sop and a 6th for a 5th. Just sayin. You can find a million different trade hijinxes that are quirkier than this. Prime Randy Moss was traded for a 4th round pick in his prime, Deon Branch was traded for a 1st the season before.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Sounds like the Raiders are bringing in the old man pass rushers today.

Tuck I will be fine with. Woodley is useless as fuck, hope he goes to Tennessee. Hatcher is a must sign. Wouldn't mind Peppers just because I'm a fanboy, but he hasn't popped up with any rumors yet.

Reactions: TheArabHammer

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I wonder if espn can fit every patriots dick in their mouth
Simple solution: Don't watch ESPN.

They did well to nab Revis, but they continue to ignore their terrible WR corps.

Status
Not open for further replies.