2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Fuck the NFL. I hate everything about the league office

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
The medias reaction to Marshawn is disgusting. So many fuck boy tweets. I'm glad I decided to bail on my plan of becoming a sports journalist. I don't think I could deal with fucking dipshits like this:

I feel bad even linking to his twitter, since he is obviously an attention whore using this HOT TAKE to get page views.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
The medias reaction to Marshawn is disgusting. So many fuck boy tweets. I'm glad I decided to bail on my plan of becoming a sports journalist. I don't think I could deal with fucking dipshits like this:

I feel bad even linking to his twitter, since he is obviously an attention whore using this HOT TAKE to get page views.

I've seen commentaries on ESPN just like this.. "How long will the NFL tolerate Marshawn Lynch?" or "Why doesn't Lynch want his fans to hear him speak?".. When journalists can't get dirt on someone or can't criticize and misconstrue everything you say they get so pissy, it's like a kid had their candy taken away and they're crying endlessly.

The man does his talking on the football field and his performances give the press plenty to talk about, outside of work he mentors young children, he runs football camps and seminars, he helps his family. Hopefully what he is doing currently, and what Sherman and Baldwin did previously in his defense will get the NFL to change these mandatory press participation rules and hopefully they will quit nitpicking on Lynch, trying to fine him for every "wrong" thing he does.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I've seen commentaries on ESPN just like this.. "How long will the NFL tolerate Marshawn Lynch?" or "Why doesn't Lynch want his fans to hear him speak?".. When journalists can't get dirt on someone or can't criticize and misconstrue everything you say they get so pissy, it's like a kid had their candy taken away and they're crying endlessly.

The man does his talking on the football field and his performances give the press plenty to talk about, outside of work he mentors young children, he runs football camps and seminars, he helps his family. Hopefully what he is doing currently, and what Sherman and Baldwin did previously in his defense will get the NFL to change these mandatory press participation rules and hopefully they will quit nitpicking on Lynch, trying to fine him for every "wrong" thing he does.
at the end of the day the league can't get to Marshawn. They can try, but he is the man and he simply will come out looking better for it.

Snowman1

Reaction score

This is certainly my pro wrestling analyst side coming out here on this, so bear with me on THIS conspiracy theory...

There's no such thing as bad publicity. Especially here in the internet age, the more people hear about you, the more interested they are in you. The NFL has barely made a peep about the "Deflategate" scandal because if they actually levy some punishment against the Pats, then it kills a major talking point going into the Super Bowl and kills a story they can use for some NFL Network coverage later on.

As for Marshawn? Every bit of publicity this stupid shit gets helps his brand, it sells a bunch of hats and jerseys and other cool stuff online. That's why he keeps doing it. The outrage causes a lot more clicks and page views than actual game analysis would, so they keep feeding the monster... and not to make you feel guiltier, but take for instance this fucktard you retweeted just got himself noticed by a few more people. And you wonder why the media keeps harping up his ass.

The one sports Twitter account I actively follow (@sportssourcetv, a local show) put it perfectly.
"Question: If Marshawn Lynch is a 5-yr-old, why doesn't the media put him in time out. Every question is exposure for his brand. Cut him off."
"See how many "Beast Mode" hats Lynch can sell if no one puts him on TV repeating the same answer. He wants pub on his terms; cut him off."
"Instead the media creates some sort of anti-hero out of the guy. If the story is that there is no story... THERE IS NO STORY."

Exactly. Marshawn Lynch, football's greatest anti-hero, standing defiantly against the evil NFL.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Tired of hearing about him. I don't get why you would waste your time even trying to talk to someone that clearly has no interest, especially given his comical responses. That being said, I don't believe Lynch is stupid, or has issues speaking in public, especially with the release of his new commercial.
He wants to wear gold shoes, he wants to be excused from the rules that the majority of the NFL follow. I have no sympathy for him, and wish the media said fuck it. Hell of a player, but he's a guy that continuously breaks rules everyone else follows.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
This is certainly my pro wrestling analyst side coming out here on this, so bear with me on THIS conspiracy theory...

There's no such thing as bad publicity. Especially here in the internet age, the more people hear about you, the more interested they are in you. The NFL has barely made a peep about the "Deflategate" scandal because if they actually levy some punishment against the Pats, then it kills a major talking point going into the Super Bowl and kills a story they can use for some NFL Network coverage later on.

As for Marshawn? Every bit of publicity this stupid shit gets helps his brand, it sells a bunch of hats and jerseys and other cool stuff online. That's why he keeps doing it. The outrage causes a lot more clicks and page views than actual game analysis would, so they keep feeding the monster... and not to make you feel guiltier, but take for instance this fucktard you retweeted just got himself noticed by a few more people. And you wonder why the media keeps harping up his ass.

The one sports Twitter account I actively follow (@sportssourcetv, a local show) put it perfectly.
"Question: If Marshawn Lynch is a 5-yr-old, why doesn't the media put him in time out. Every question is exposure for his brand. Cut him off."
"See how many "Beast Mode" hats Lynch can sell if no one puts him on TV repeating the same answer. He wants pub on his terms; cut him off."
"Instead the media creates some sort of anti-hero out of the guy. If the story is that there is no story... THERE IS NO STORY."

Exactly. Marshawn Lynch, football's greatest anti-hero, standing defiantly against the evil NFL.
He isn't doing it for any reason. This is Marshawn. He is who he is. There is no motive. He just hates dealing with the media. it isn't a facade

look how fucking uncomfortable he looks dealing with this type of shit

he just doesn't like to do it. Unless I'm missing your point

edit; Danny's post exemplifies perfectly someone who simply misunderstands Lynch. badly.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I understand what I see. He's told not to grab his dick after tds, and he does. He tries to wear gold shoes, and doesn't want to answer questions because he believes he is misinterpreted. I can't feel bad for a millionaire that gets fined for continuing behavior that leads to it. I want him on my team any day though for sure, but he's not impressing me or any type of martyr imo

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I understand what I see. He's told not to grab his dick after tds, and he does. He tries to wear gold shoes, and doesn't want to answer questions because he believes he is misinterpreted. I can't feel bad for a millionaire that gets fined for continuing behavior that leads to it. I want him on my team any day though for sure, but he's not impressing me or any type of martyr imo
Nobody is asking you to feel bad for him. The NFL wants him to be something he's not, and he refuses. Good for him. Fuck the NFL and its asinine, hypocritical bullshit

NFL = Mr. McMahon
Marshawn = SCSA

Snowman1

Reaction score
He isn't doing it for any reason. This is Marshawn. He is who he is. There is no motive. He just hates dealing with the media. it isn't a facade

look how fucking uncomfortable he looks dealing with this type of shit

he just doesn't like to do it. Unless I'm missing your point

The part about him "just doing this to sell hats" could have been a bit harsh, I agree.

But the NFL must actually love it. Most interviews suck cock, it's the same cliche'd answers people give all the time, and Marshawn's actually giving people something to talk about, and the media's really running with it for all the reasons you know already.

My biggest beef with that link you posted, Kevin, was this:
"This season Colin Kaepernick was fined the mandated $10,000 for wearing Beats headphones, which is a direct competitor with league-partner Bose."

...if they were so far against promoting Beats? why would they mention it in the article? Maybe sponsors have changed and such, but this reeks of "they know what they're doing with all of this"

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I get what you're saying. I wish he media said fuck it and left him alone. The other stuff though with the dick/shoes/ w/e else is just his own fault.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I get what you're saying. I wish he media said fuck it and left him alone. The other stuff though with the dick/shoes/ w/e else is just his own fault.
Again, fuck the NFL for caring if he wears gold cleats. IF MARSHAWN WEARS HIS COOL SHOES THE RUSSIANS WIN!

And if you don't like the dick grab celebrations you just aren't human. Those are GOAT