2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
JG is on probation, the idiot shouldn't be drinking or smoking.. he needs to take a play out of Blackmon's playbook and check himself into an elongated rehab program.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The Browns acquiring an extra first to move back is the least of their worries from that draft.

ab9866c15ac06593d026c199781fc7de.jpg

Also, if WR is that deep, I think we should look into using the #4 overall pick on something else and look at a WR in the 2nd.

I have no idea why Kiper mocked a WR to the Colts lol. You know Baltimore, New England, and Seattle don't draft recievers high. One will fall, but Cooper is a beast.

lol Manziel, but the Justin Gilbert pick is just as bad.- as you say, bet they'd like OBJ right now.

Was considering looking at the FA WR class, but there's no point since even a Torrey Smith going over there would just be taking the money. What happened to Justin Blackmon, anyway?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Was considering looking at the FA WR class, but there's no point since even a Torrey Smith going over there would just be taking the money. What happened to Justin Blackmon, anyway?

He was suspended this entire past year due to his like 3rd or 4th violation in the NFL, which is where Josh Gordon is now at.. The Jags aren't counting on him for 2015 from what I've heard during this season but he's allegedly doing a lot better and there's a small amount of optimism for his return.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
2014-2015 Pro Bowl ends Team Irvin winning 32 to Team Carter's 28.. it was fairly entertaining from what I seen in the highlights but as we all know no one really goes full 100 during it.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Man I cant believe we are about to face the great football depression again.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Man I cant believe we are about to face the great football depression again.
I call this time of year the "great escape"

I mean, sure, in a way seeing Reggie ruin the future of this team is somehow even more depressing, but at least we aren't taking weekly Ls this time of year.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
OBJ played the entire year with tears im his hammy.
Two minor tears, only reason they let him play on it.. They should've sat him after awhile knowing they wouldn't make the playoffs, imagine the risk.. Now they will have a healthy Victor Cruz and OBJ next year pending injuries the offense should be nice if Eli can wake up.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Two minor tears, only reason they let him play on it.. They should've sat him after awhile knowing they wouldn't make the playoffs, imagine the risk.. Now they will have a healthy Victor Cruz and OBJ next year pending injuries the offense should be nice if Eli can wake up.
Believe it or not Eli just had one of his best years.... Statistically speaking anyways.

I didn't hear the severity of the tears though, still pretty wild. I've never had tears, wonder if it hurts.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Believe it or not Eli just had one of his best years.... Statistically speaking anyways.

I didn't hear the severity of the tears though, still pretty wild. I've never had tears, wonder if it hurts.

Hmm well not having a run game (for a good majority of the season) and a rough O-Line/Defense kind of killed you guys then.

I had a small tear and a medium tear in the hammy, each different times, the small one I could still run on I just had to wear a tight wrap around it. The medium one was pretty bad I could walk on it but it had some minor pain to it so I imagine running wouldn't feel good at all, never tried.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Nick Foles reportedly being sought out by several teams, Rams are said to be extremely interested.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hmm well not having a run game (for a good majority of the season) and a rough O-Line/Defense kind of killed you guys then.

I had a small tear and a medium tear in the hammy, each different times, the small one I could still run on I just had to wear a tight wrap around it. The medium one was pretty bad I could walk on it but it had some minor pain to it so I imagine running wouldn't feel good at all, never tried.

Yeah, screw that noise.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
---- Raiders re-signed SS Charles Woodson to a one-year contract.

Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie has a curious affinity for declining veterans. Woodson remains a team leader at age 38, but his on-field play slipped precipitously as the 2014 season progressed. He wound up grading out 68th among 87 qualifiers in PFF's safety grades, but did rack up 113 tackles and four interceptions. Woodson is very likely to return as a 2015 starter.

--- FOX's Jay Glazer reports the NFL has identified a Patriots locker room attendant as a "strong person of interest" in the ball-deflation scandal.

The league finally has its Ollie North. Per Glazer, the attendant "allegedly took balls from the officials' locker room to another area on way to the field." There is reportedly video of the incident. Glazer says the league is "still gauging if any wrong doing occurred." It's been obvious from Day 1 the Pats were going to set up some sort of underling as the fall guy, the only question is if he'll sing. The entire "scandal" is long past played out. It would be a shame were it to dominate all pre-SB chatter.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Oh it'll dominate it. Haven't even been paying attention, is it STILL dominating the chatter?

As sad as it is, I hope it does. All the ridiculous controversies lately have taken me out of the Super Bowl, so for this viewer you may as well just cover those. Yay, draft season.