2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
The part about him "just doing this to sell hats" could have been a bit harsh, I agree.

But the NFL must actually love it. Most interviews suck cock, it's the same cliche'd answers people give all the time, and Marshawn's actually giving people something to talk about, and the media's really running with it for all the reasons you know already.

My biggest beef with that link you posted, Kevin, was this:
"This season Colin Kaepernick was fined the mandated $10,000 for wearing Beats headphones, which is a direct competitor with league-partner Bose."

...if they were so far against promoting Beats? why would they mention it in the article? Maybe sponsors have changed and such, but this reeks of "they know what they're doing with all of this"
Your theory is interesting, and probably can't be ruled out.
UkZbk.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Snowman1

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
That's not the point. I want to do/wear cool shit at work but I'm not better than anyone else.

The media thing is the medias fault. He's out there saying the same thing. If im in the media I'd not waste my time and talk to sherm, wilson, etc.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
That's not the point. I want to do/wear cool shit at work but I'm not better than anyone else.
I think you should try the hold your dick celebration next time you do something fly at work. It'd go over better than you expect probably

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Lol it'd be funny, just as Lynch is. I was mainly trying to call the media dumb for wasting their time and was saying I don't believe lynch is dumb and knowingly breaks rules. I don't think he cares about being fined and as long as he's cool with it then it's fine by me.

Marshall wore green shoes and got fined even though it was for mental awareness month. That's something I give respect to. Had a cause. That's all.

Lynch come to NY

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Just boggles my mind the fact people continue to show up to ask him questions. Then the media shows show every answer he gave 20 times over with a counter and laughing him essentially. Today I was listening to the questions asked on the radio and they were pretty mean spirited attempting to get a rise. Tired of hearing about him period because it has negative condentation associated. That's why I'm saying why bother talking to a man that has no interest. I watched e:60 on him. He's funny, has a goos time.

The other stuff though, still say his own fault. The NFL has rules, he's trying to abide them in his own way.

Just don't like how he is the topic of conversation the entire week.

Rant over

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Personally I love Beast Mode being the talk. Better than deflate gate. The video of him doing the fine bit was actually hilarious. I nearly died when at one point he leans forward and asks them to repeat a question, looking like he might actually answer it.. then when they repeat it he stops, sort of thinks and goes ".... I'm just here so I don't get fined"

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, im looking at it too hard probably. Watching highlights of today and he just looked so unhappy that I was getting uncomfortable watching it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I can't wait to hear his HOF induction speech sometime around 2030 or so, he walks up to the podium, leans forward, and says "You all know why I'm here..... Thanks." then walks off.
Real talk the dude deserves HOF consideration, but likely won't. He is better than at last a handful of backs already in the HOF. Seattle definitely isn't the team they are, possibly 2 X champs, without Lynch being Lynch. He has been a top 2 back along with Peterson in this league for the better part of a decade. Its a shame Buffalo wasted some years of his prime

Reactions: Just Kevin

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Real talk the dude deserves HOF consideration, but likely won't. He is better than at last a handful of backs already in the HOF. Seattle definitely isn't the team they are, possibly 2 X champs, without Lynch being Lynch. He has been a top 2 back along with Peterson in this league for the better part of a decade. Its a shame Buffalo wasted some years of his prime

If he stays on pace he's a HOF shoe-in.. even with those 2 wasted years in Buffalo (I don't think he reached his prime until he got to Seattle and he is currently in his prime), his first 2 seasons in Buffalo he had 1,000+ yds.. but his numbers in Seattle and, after February 1st, having his second SB ring, with possible more to come. By the time he retires (around 2020 or so) he'll have between 12 and 15k rushing yards with over 100 TDs, possibly 150. Definite HOF numbers, there is no doubt in my mind. A career ending injury (knock on wood) would be the only thing to stop him.