2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Watching it live, he did look good admittedly. Half of the interceptions and shit (especially the one on Barkley) was not his fault at all. The penalties being called were an absolute joke (illegal contact every other call), as well as constant hands to the face against the Eagles.

Them not playing Kinne at all kinda sucked, but Chip truly believes Barkley is the better 3rd stringer.. Kinne will again be placed on our practice squad I assume..

I told myself they signed Josey as a Undrafted Free Agent and that's why they felt comfy getting rid of the more expensive option in Bryce Brown and sure enough Josey looked solid. I love former Heisman candidates who suffer terrible injuries and their name gets lost in the draft next year..

I just really wanna see the first cuts and Curtis Marsh's name better be on there, fucking Andy Reid leftover trash is what he is the guy got molested all night by the Pats.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Is he still even relevant?

No, and now even less so. :dawg:

Apparently the reason Tyrod's been playing so much in preseason was to not give out film on Wenning so they can cut him, he can go through waivers so they can sneak him on the practice squad and save a roster spot. :)

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
No, and now even less so. :dawg:

Apparently the reason Tyrod's been playing so much in preseason was to not give out film on Wenning so they can cut him, he can go through waivers so they can sneak him on the practice squad and save a roster spot. :)
Oh? So essentially going with the 2 QB set again eh? Fine by me

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Anyway Nero did a great job grabbing my favorite late-round sleeper in the 15th round. Justin Hunter had a 4-111-2 line against the Saints last night. You can't put TOO much stock into it since he only caught one little thing from Locker, but having a stat line like that with a rookie throwing to you is just insane... then again...

Oy, you really can't put any stock into this preseason crap. :lol1: Is the season starting yet?

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Wouldn't count Slantonio out yet, with Alshon and B-Marsh on the outside and Marty B taking attention mostly up the middle and in the flat and flat being controlled mostly by Forte, Holmes could find himself catching some TDs on the slants from the slot.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
What the fuck.
@Nero_x3 's team is looking better and better as the weeks pass.
First, Jordan Matthews, then Justin Hunter

Reactions: Nero_x3

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Derek Carr seemed to have suffered a concussion and a rib injury (may have broken a rib).
He looked pretty good though before that IMO idk about you @Dolph'sZiggler.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Oh yeah Hunter did phenomenal last night and Matthews looked pristine. With all of the quarterbacks that he had too. Looking better and better. However, Demarius Johnson man, needs to learn some receiving things. He'll be starting as a third or fourth WR I imagine. Probably 5th if Cooper and Maclin come back cause Momah looks great as well.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Oh yeah Hunter did phenomenal last night and Matthews looked pristine. With all of the quarterbacks that he had too. Looking better and better. However, Demarius Johnson man, needs to learn some receiving things. He'll be starting as a third or fourth WR I imagine. Probably 5th if Cooper and Maclin come back cause Momah looks great as well.
Damarius is getting cut.

Maclin at WR1, Cooper at WR2, Matthews at WR3, Huff in the Slot and Brad Smith/Maehl/Cunningham/Benn will get the last two WR spots for the final 53 man roster.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Damarius is getting cut.

Maclin at WR1, Cooper at WR2, Matthews at WR3, Huff in the Slot and Brad Smith/Maehl/Cunningham/Benn will get the last two WR spots for the final 53 man roster.
I'd put Momah up there over Huff or Cooper ATM. Kid looks real good.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I'd put Momah up there over Huff or Cooper ATM. Kid looks real good.
He fumbled twice last night and bobbled an easy touchdown into Benn's hands and then ran an awful fade route and dove about 5 yards short of the catch, he doesn't look good at all man not sure what game you were watching :)

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
He fumbled twice last night and bobbled an easy touchdown into Benn's hands and then ran an awful fade route and dove about 5 yards short of the catch, he doesn't look good at all man not sure what game you were watching :)
One fumble was incidental, I'll admit, touchdown there was contact made, but Benn did catch it. I've seen some other things though. Huff hasn't done enough to impress me yet, especially on those returns. Cooper, haven't seem shit yet and not sure if he'll live up. Smith, maybe he can take the place. Haven't seen too much of him just yet, but looks interesting. Also I never said he was impressive last night, I'm saying thus far. And Matthews is the best of the receivers ATM easily