2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
*waves* Me, duh. :p

Boo. :downer:
Here's something I found for you.

89b77065a23ec6e9aee7787b1cea04a0.jpg

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
This is a PPR league and not many catch more than Forte at the RB position. Even if he catches one ball for 1 yard that is 1.1 points or equivalent to 11 yards rushing. Cmon now. You guys can't be serious.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
He'll be fine. His yards from scrimmage is unprecedented. Don't listen to these haters
In 2014 Forte was great. His preseason output isn't an aberration. His body can't lie. He could always roll out the PED's though.
I'm not even opposed to 'roids. I'm not the cat that believes morality is necessary in sports.
This scene from 'The Last Boy Scout" is what I'm talking about

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
In 2014 Forte was great. His preseason output isn't an aberration. His body can't lie. He could always roll out the PED's though.
I'm not even opposed to 'roids. I'm not the cat that believes morality is necessary in sports.
This scene from 'The Last Boy Scout" is what I'm talking about

This is why you lose in fantasy

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Jimmy Smith is a fucking badass. Despite the new penalties imposed on players that dunk over the goal post, he scores twice in the night and slam dunks those sons of bitches right over the post.
I'm officially a fan.
Of course he probably wouldn't pull that in the regular season because games actually matter, but hey, he has balls.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Jimmy Smith is a fucking badass. Despite the new penalties imposed on players that dunk over the goal post, he scores twice in the night and slam dunks those sons of bitches right over the post.
I'm officially a fan.
Of course he probably wouldn't pull that in the regular season because games actually matter, but hey, he has balls.
Yeah Jimmy Smits is a badass. Star Wars AND Sons of Anarchy. Amazing!!!! :heenan:

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
This is a PPR league and not many catch more than Forte at the RB position. Even if he catches one ball for 1 yard that is 1.1 points or equivalent to 11 yards rushing. Cmon now. You guys can't be serious.
Fair enough. Sounds like a dingy league, but nevertheless.
In a sense, any production should be rewarded. Just because he sucks doesn't mean he should be labeled a piece of trash.
The NFL does to tend to de-value backs with too many carries simply because of their age. It isn't really fair and cuts their earning potential exponentially.
The fact RB's suffer the most punishment, by far, should indicate a far greater reward. Unfortunately, its a business 1st , 2nd and 3rd.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
In a sense, any production should be rewarded. Just because he sucks doesn't mean he should be labeled a piece of trash.
The NFL does to tend to de-value backs with too many carries simply because of their age. It isn't really fair and cuts their earning potential exponentially.
The fact RB's suffer the most punishment, by far, should indicate a far greater reward. Unfortunately, its a business 1st , 2nd and 3rd.
Dingy cause it's PPR? IMO it makes it a lot tougher to win. In non PPR leagues if you have two great RBs you win.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Matt Forte has had an entire career to prove he is an elite back and will do GN just fine. Two meaningless preseason games shouldn't (and doesn't) mean anything.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Dingy cause it's PPR? IMO it makes it a lot tougher to win. In non PPR leagues if you have two great RBs you win.
Maybe so, but we aren't talking about those leagues, are we?
Matt Forte has had an entire career to prove he is an elite back and will do GN just fine. Two meaningless preseason games shouldn't (and doesn't) mean anything.
Forte is playing against starters isn't he? You can keep pandering her, if you'd like. It's rather noble of you. I say the cat falls apart. Cutler won't do him many favors, as he never does.
Cutler's Interception to Touchdown ratio is awful considering the NFL basically caters to the quarterback. Forte will many many carries or they'll put another RB back there.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
So then please explain why you think it's dingy.
Catching 1 ball for 1 yard and being rewarded for is asinine, especially if that's the guy's basic modus operandi.
It's similar to giving all the members of the team a trophy simply for showing up even if most of those members sucked and didn't play at all.
I'm not a fan of that kind of garbage. Of course, this is merely my opinion and you are free to disagree.
I never called you stupid, nor anybody's choice stupid. I called the league stupid and low rate.
I enjoy what you guy's built and it's fun to see it all play out. You having fun with this means more to this site than my opinion or how sh***y I think the league itself actually is.