2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
The league will still be tight yo

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Catching 1 ball for 1 yard and being rewarded for is asinine, especially if that's the guy's basic modus operandi.
It's similar to giving all the members of the team a trophy simply for showing up even if most of those members sucked and didn't play at all.
I'm not a fan of that kind of garbage. Of course, this is merely my opinion and you are free to disagree.
I never called you stupid, nor anybody's choice stupid. I called the league stupid and low rate.
I enjoy what you guy's built and it's fun to see it all play out. You having fun with this means more to this site than my opinion or how sh***y I think the league itself actually is.
So then are we to only award points for TDs?

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Catching 1 ball for 1 yard and being rewarded for is asinine, especially if that's the guy's basic modus operandi.
It's similar to giving all the members of the team a trophy simply for showing up even if most of those members sucked and didn't play at all.
I'm not a fan of that kind of garbage. Of course, this is merely my opinion and you are free to disagree.
I never called you stupid, nor anybody's choice stupid. I called the league stupid and low rate.
I enjoy what you guy's built and it's fun to see it all play out. You having fun with this means more to this site than my opinion or how sh***y I think the league itself actually is.
@dolph @senhor. Im too tired

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
So then are we to only award points for TDs?
In my set up, one would only be rewarded by above average feats.
A catch would only be rewarded if it resulted in at least 7 yards from scrimmage.
A carry would only be rewarded if the ball moved 3 yards from scrimmage.
This would result in only the elite contributors earning points. At this point, fantasy players would be forced to choose players that show potential to exceed expectations.
If a RB regularly carries the ball an exorbitant amount of times 3 times from scrimmage, you can bet the next year it maybe at least 3/4 of that number the following year.
The idea is that you get an idea of that players potential. A 1 yard catch for points merely reflects a mediocre play.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Sounds like you're super jelly you're not in. Furthemore, since the league is "asinine" and awardd points for such treachery, can you see how forte is a force?

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
@Paige Is Hot , well that's one way to look at it.
In my eyes though, it adds to the allure of the league. Drafting wasn't limited to simply picking the highest rated players off of the board like it is in standard leagues. Because of the reward given for receptions, you have to have an understanding of the player's team's depth chart and scheme, as well as how many other reliable options there are at the position. Just to give an example of a scheme I'm familiar with, Gary Kubiak, the offensive coordinator of the Ravens absolutely LOVES screen passes to the running backs and tight ends. This arguably gives players at that position on the team a boost in value, as opposed to the Raider's depth at RB, which could mean that the Oakland backs have their value lowered due to likely rep splits.
Essentially, if you want to win in a league like this, you need at least some knowledge of schemes and depth throughout the league. But then again, that's just my opinion, and you're entitled to yours.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Sounds like you're super jelly you're not in. Furthemore, since the league is "asinine" and rewards points for suvh treachery, can you see how forte is a force?
I'm not jealous, I'm glad.
Forte was a force last year. The league is structured to encourage noobs to play. If they made it more difficult noobs wouldn't be playing.
True gamblers play higher stakes and wouldn't dare take Forte because he's had to shoulder such a huge load. This isn't Forte's fault, he's clearly a warrior.
If I were to choose a player I'd wage my bet on someone younger with more potential to earn more points.
Arian Foster was fantastic but his numbers will continue to dip (though he doesn't have nearly the carries Forte has). Foster will have to shoulder the load with an average QB this year.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Sounds liks you admitted he is. I won that debate
Forte WAS a force. If you take that as a win, blow balloons for all I care.
@Paige Is Hot , well that's one way to look at it.
In my eyes though, it adds to the allure of the league. Drafting wasn't limited to simply picking the highest rated players off of the board like it is in standard leagues. Because of the reward given for receptions, you have to have an understanding of the player's team's depth chart and scheme, as well as how many other reliable options there are at the position. Just to give an example of a scheme I'm familiar with, Gary Kubiak, the offensive coordinator of the Ravens absolutely LOVES screen passes to the running backs and tight ends. This arguably gives players at that position on the team a boost in value, as opposed to the Raider's depth at RB, which could mean that the Oakland backs have their value lowered due to likely rep splits.
Essentially, if you want to win in a league like this, you need at least some knowledge of schemes and depth throughout the league. But then again, that's just my opinion, and you're entitled to yours.
I enjoy your logic, @Draevice. You are a smart dude.
In this case, I might rate the Ravens offense, as a whole, elite. What's the purpose of rewarding a season where Forte earns 1,000 yards on 3.5 yards per carry?
Noobs will look at that as a good season, when, in fact it is a horrible season. RB's devalue, not unlike a car once it comes off the lot.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Our receivers were good tonight :')

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Eagles QBs and Receivers and RBs looked sharp tonight.. goddamn defense aka NE targetting CURTIS FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT MARSH ALL NIGHT not so much...
Sanchez looked sharp other than that INT was nice.. that TD off of Momah's hands right into Benn's was very slick.
Sanchez still has a problem looking to the flat though and if he was our starter for some chance... having McCoy and Sproles in the backfield to the flat should be likeeeeee GOLD, he's really gotta start learning how to dump it off rather than right up the middle dump.. the flat can be gold for our team.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Nice INT by James Inhegibo!

He's a slower safety but did a pretty good job in Baltimore last year. :eek:tunga: Only reason we let him go was that our scheme wanted more of an athletic ball-hawk across from Elam. You'll enjoy him. :)

And @GrammarNazi82 I was hoping to post that Forte line so Dolph's + Danny + Senhor could shit on me for even considering that seven preseason carries matter that much, then you pop in and we all share a laugh. There's nothing to be concerned about and can't believe it's grown into this. :haha:

Also I love how on page 13 my RB's are already being insulted... :(( STOP RIPPING THEM! Danny Woodhead's gonna rip you apart one day!
And yes, JC, you do get rewarded for rushing yards, too.

Last edited:

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Eagles QBs and Receivers and RBs looked sharp tonight.. goddamn defense aka NE targetting CURTIS FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT MARSH ALL NIGHT not so much...
Sanchez looked sharp other than that INT was nice.. that TD off of Momah's hands right into Benn's was very slick.
Sanchez still has a problem looking to the flat though and if he was our starter for some chance... having McCoy and Sproles in the backfield to the flat should be likeeeeee GOLD, he's really gotta start learning how to dump it off rather than right up the middle dump.. the flat can be gold for our team.
Watching it live, he did look good admittedly. Half of the interceptions and shit (especially the one on Barkley) was not his fault at all. The penalties being called were an absolute joke (illegal contact every other call), as well as constant hands to the face against the Eagles.