2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Damn the Steelers for winning, was hoping Cinci would take that one :( They're the only team I can root for since the Eagles are not in the playoffs this year.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. JJ Watt
3. Tony Romo

That's the way I see the MVP race.
Gronk, DeMarco and Watt deserve serious consideration, but sadly it is a QB or rarely RB award only.

1.) Watt
2.) Gronk
3.) Rodgers
4.) Murray
5.) Russ Wilson

Watt is the best player in the league doing historic things. The gap between Watt and the next most impactful defensive player is similar to a gap from Rodgers to Matt Ryan. It is huge.

Gronk is the fucking man period end of. The Pats were 2-2 and Brady was "done" when gronk was still on a "snap count". After that he was unleashed and the Pats haven't looked back since. Gronk is the man

Rodgers is Rodgers. He probably wins it and nobody will argue

I give Murray a slight edge over Romo as Cowboys MVP, but it is close. I'm trying to think logically here and to me Murray's emergence (along with the O LIne, but i can't give an offensive line MVP) has allowed for Romo to play within himself and not have to do everything single handed.

And finally I've got to give a shoutout to Russel Wilson because he is too damn good. Only 20 passing TDs assures he won't sniff any votes, but without him the Seahawks offense would be all time terrible. He somehow makes it work. He doesn't turn the ball over. Period. He makes plays from nothing. He has a #3 WR as his #1, and a bunch of #5s as his 2-4. "Unfortunately" for RW, he will have to "settle" for a SB MVP this season methinks

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Fox moved the ONE GOOD commentator they have, Gus Johnson, to soccer coverage.

Please, dear Lord, get the NFL off of Fox. Move it to NBC, BSPN, Fox Sports 1, Destination America, who cares where. Get it away from these jackholes.
I hate Gus Johnson for NFL games. His enthusiasm is only fit for March Madness IMHO. Other than that, he needs to simmer down. Not Joe Buck levels of simmer down, but find a median.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Jets officially clean house, obviously was coming.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Rex Ryan as the next Raiders HC honestly.

Reactions: Snowman1

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin has been told he will be back in 2015, but he has a meeting with owner John Mara at 3 p.m. ET Monday to discuss potential coaching staff changes, a source said.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Now that the playoff brackets are set, how do you guys see it shaking out?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Emery fired, good. Just the start of a complete firestorm in Chicago. Emery showed himself incapable of rebuilding the Bears roster, and after the Cutler contract, good luck finding another GM gig. Maybe they can get a 4th round pick out of the Titans for Cutler next. The team was an absolute dumpster fire this year under Trestman, but if the reports are true about Cutler not running his scheme the right way and it'll work if he does so (like McCown and Clausen did) then Trestman should be kept if they can get that sort of QB play. Then again, a complete rebuild is probably a better way to go than to tie your future to Jimmy Clausen lol

Speaking of GM's who won't find new gigs, hi John Idzik!

Firing Rex Ryan was completely Blue. Shut the doors Woody. If he winds up in Oakland D'Z you'll be singing hallelujah.

Even more mentally handicapped was whatever the hell went on between Harbaugh and the 49ers. From what I saw from the last game, the players liked him, the owner liked him... so what was the problem? If it was the GM, then shitcan his no-talent ass and keep your coach that turned your franchise around you asshats! You fired Mariuchi for no damn reason, if you don't learn from history...

I'm torn on the Mike Smith firing. On one hand, he and Matt Ryan did stabilize a franchise in complete disrepair and rebuild it, and it became a token franchise for not having much drama for many years, but there's only so much a head coach can do with such a shitty roster. On the other hand, he's a defense-first guy who's never been able to get much out of the Falcons' D for many years. I'd keep him but it's debatable.