2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
The Bills should try to get Kirk Cousins.. he's demanding a trade if RGIII is named the starter.. and it's almost certain he'll be named the starter next season.
I'd be so down for that. A few of my buddies are pullin for Cutler hahah I'd be cool with that too.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I don't see how anyone would be willing to take on Cutler's contract.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I don't see how anyone would be willing to take on Cutler's contract.

According to Spotrac, Jay Cutler will make 15.5 million next year and 19.5 mil in dead money if cut (think that goes for the Bears if they trade him, right?)
Year after that will be 16 mil and 3 mil in dead money if cut

You conceivably CAN trade for him, try him out for a season, and then either cut him or have all the leverage to restructure.
But still that's way too much money

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
According to Spotrac, Jay Cutler will make 15.5 million next year and 19.5 mil in dead money if cut (think that goes for the Bears if they trade him, right?)
Year after that will be 16 mil and 3 mil in dead money if cut

You conceivably CAN trade for him, try him out for a season, and then either cut him or have all the leverage to restructure.
But still that's way too much money
I just don't see why any team would want to even "try him out"

try him out for what? he is a 32 year old QB who can't stay healthy and is a turnover machine. People need to get over his physical tools and accept that he is what he is... a QB who can have some high highs but his low ass lows more than negate it.

Reactions: Snowman1

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Id rather trade for McCown than Cutler, McCown can do serious damage behind a decent O line.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Id rather trade for McCown than Cutler, McCown can do serious damage behind a decent O line.
Again, McCown is what he is. One hot stretch of games for the Bears last season doesn't undo 10 years of tape that show the guy is a career backup.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Adam Gase drawing interest from SF and ATL. Terrible job by any franchise kicking the wheels on this guy. Peyton is the fucking OC in Denver, shame on anyone who doesn't realize, let alone an owner who wants to hire the guy.

Raiders want JDR to be the next coach. Fuck my shit right up its shit hole.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Again, McCown is what he is. One hot stretch of games for the Bears last season doesn't undo 10 years of tape that show the guy is a career backup.
Well at this point the Bills cant get a star QB so McCown is the best of the worst imo

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
how do you guys feel about your teams draft class? So far nobody we drafted has really contributed to the team, Ebrons a good ass blocker now but is no where close to the TE that we want him to be. Van Noy missed half the season and Swanson has been pretty good and is obviously our future at center. Nate Freese cost us a 1st round bye lmao. So I would give our draft class a C-

Snowman1

Reaction score
Adam Gase drawing interest from SF and ATL. Terrible job by any franchise kicking the wheels on this guy. Peyton is the fucking OC in Denver, shame on anyone who doesn't realize, let alone an owner who wants to hire the guy.

Raiders want JDR to be the next coach. Fuck my shit right up its shit hole.

Sadly it's about to the best you can do at this point with Wedgie in the way, but...

Guess you can give Adam Gase a little credit given what he did with Orton and Tebow, but that's hardly "WE MUST GET HIM AS HC!!!!" material, especially as Smith and Harbaugh replacements. Oh, NFL teams why are you so bad?

As for the Cutler thing, usually I'm against teams signing a failure (which Cutler must be considered at this point) over someone unproven, but several teams in the NFL don't have a better options. The Jets cannot go into next season with the current QB's. The Rams are desparate to get over the hump. Maybe Washington wants to jettison RG3 after all. Houston is close to a QB away and can't let this window close, and Buffalo seems to feel that way. Shit, Chicago itself doesn't have many options more proven than Cutler. What better option do any of these teams have? Sanchez? Hoyer? VIck? Matt Moore?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Sadly it's about to the best you can do at this point with Wedgie in the way, but...

Guess you can give Adam Gase a little credit given what he did with Orton and Tebow, but that's hardly "WE MUST GET HIM AS HC!!!!" material, especially as Smith and Harbaugh replacements. Oh, NFL teams why are you so bad?

As for the Cutler thing, usually I'm against teams signing a failure (which Cutler must be considered at this point) over someone unproven, but several teams in the NFL don't have a better options. The Jets cannot go into next season with the current QB's. The Rams are desparate to get over the hump. Maybe Washington wants to jettison RG3 after all. Houston is close to a QB away and can't let this window close, and Buffalo seems to feel that way. Shit, Chicago itself doesn't have many options more proven than Cutler. What better option do any of these teams have? Sanchez? Hoyer? VIck? Matt Moore?
Gase never worked with Tebow or Orton... it was McCoy working with Tebow.

edit: I guess Gase was Tebow's QB coach, but McCoy was the play caller

edit again: Doesn't really matter if Cutler is "better" than QBs those teams have, he is toxic with his play style and contract. Cutler isn't the answer to any of those teams problems and you know it.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Cutler isn't an answer for anyone.. I'd rather draft Brett Hundley and roll with him intead of Cutler.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Gase never worked with Tebow or Orton... it was McCoy working with Tebow.

edit: I guess Gase was Tebow's QB coach, but McCoy was the play caller

edit again: Doesn't really matter if Cutler is "better" than QBs those teams have, he is toxic with his play style and contract. Cutler isn't the answer to any of those teams problems and you know it.

First part was my bad, for some reason I thought McCoy was the DC, and just looked it up on the Broncos' website and seeing he joined the team in 2009 lol.