2014 NBA Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
ESPN was all over this like it was impactful news. who gives a shiot
I'd imagine quite a few people found it interesting.
I know the Bayless cat has a take on it. He basically ate the dude up for snatching 23 and trying to steal Jordan's legacy.
The majority of ESPN are a bunch of neutered jacka**es, but I could listen to Stephen A Smith all da** day.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
lol Skip and Stephen A. They're both clowns. Their pseudo debates about the dumbest and most pointless shit ever is such a joke.

"Lebron James wearing pink shoes! What could this mean?! Is he gay, supporting breast cancer or insulting Michael Jordan?!"

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Skip is a genius for getting huge ratings from marks but the show is trash.

In truth Skip is one of the best sports journalists in the country

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
lol Skip and Stephen A. They're both clowns. Their pseudo debates about the dumbest and most pointless shit ever is such a joke.

"Lebron James wearing pink shoes! What could this mean?! Is he gay, supporting breast cancer or insulting Michael Jordan?!"
Can't agree. These cats do their job and they do it well. I like debates and I like a buzz. Two different personalities who work entertainingly well off the other.

Skip is a genius for getting huge ratings from marks but the show is trash.

In truth Skip is one of the best sports journalists in the country

I don't get how you see it's trash. You and I must be coming from completely different angles. Of course I watch ESPN sparingly and check out this particular show once its been edited and put on their youtube channel.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
It's like Fox News ''debates'' but with manufactured sports stories instead.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Can't agree. These cats do their job and they do it well. I like debates and I like a buzz. Two different personalities who work entertainingly well off the other.

I don't get how you see it's trash. You and I must be coming from completely different angles. Of course I watch ESPN sparingly and check out this particular show once its been edited and put on their youtube channel.
It is absolutely trash. Their debates are the polar opposite of insightful and are meant to appeal to the lowest level of sports fan. They talk superficial BS and never actually talk sports. Skip is just trolling and Stephen A's job is just to make stupid faces and act shocked at things Skip says. They also beat the same topics into the ground to the point where you literally cant stomach any more.

Sorry dude, its trash. Skip is the man, no doubt, but I can't stomach watching that shit.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
It is absolutely trash. Their debates are the polar opposite of insightful and are meant to appeal to the lowest level of sports fan. They talk superficial BS and never actually talk sports. Skip is just trolling and Stephen A's job is just to make stupid faces and act shocked at things Skip says. They also beat the same topics into the ground to the point where you literally cant stomach any more.

Sorry dude, its trash. Skip is the man, no doubt, but I can't stomach watching that shit.
Knowing you the way that I do, it doesn't surprise me you say that. You are correct, they are supposed to appeal to the lowest level of sports fan. Stephen A does go on and on about Player X's personality, how well he knows them, what kind of person they are and basically panders to them. He does that primarily because they are his meal ticket and cannot get on their bad side, but I'm aware of your points.

They do stretch the topic at nausea and I do not watch when celebrities are on, because that's far worse. Don't get me started on when they travel to NBA City X where noobs have access to the set. However, I enjoy that they disagree and have opposing views. Their perspectives sometimes match mine and sometimes they don't. Skip is more to the point and favorable in my view. Stephen A provides fluff, but usually has insight into into NBA players that I find laughable.

I primarily only watch Colin Cowherd, Skip and Stephen A on the internet where things are drastically shortened.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I watch Dan Patrick and listen to Max and Marcellus. That is about it.

I listen to local stuff on The Game but that is for lulz mostly. they are terrible.

Reactions: Red Rain

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Max Kellerman is an intelligent dude, a boxing aficionado, but always does his homework.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Kings lose Isaiah Thomas and gain Darren Collison. I like it.
Every point guard has a year that they play out of their mind. Thomas' year was last year. He'll come back down to earth this year.
Thomas is an excellent shooter, he's still a primary backup.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Durant is a jacks** if he signs with the Wizards because LeBron went home. Then again, how do you go any lower than being a soft pu**y?

Bledsoe doesn't want to back up your boy, I get that. Its similar to Joe Johnson splitting from Phoenix. He preferred being 'the guy' on an inferior team than being a very important piece to a perennial playoff team.