2014 NBA Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
If Cleveland does land Love and Allen and Miller... then I can see them heading somewhere... if not I still don't see them going to the Finals before Lebron retires... they've got to add more. Just Lebron and Irving won't propel them.

We'll see very soon I'm sure.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Kevin Love is reportedly "intrigued" by the idea of playing with LeBron James and Kyrie Irving on the Cavaliers, and would commit to a long-term contract in Cleveland.
^ This comes after mid June when he didn't want to be traded to the Cavs, but obviously LeBron's decision influences a lot of things.

Chris Bosh should be signing with the Rockets later this day.

If Cleveland does land Love and Allen and Miller... then I can see them heading somewhere... if not I still don't see them going to the Finals before Lebron retires... they've got to add more. Just Lebron and Irving won't propel them.

We'll see very soon I'm sure.
Tristian Thompson is a helluva Power Foward, they still got Bennett who made a lot of young mistakes and could be better. LeBron is the kind of guy that makes people around him better. Varejao is still talented.. Wiggins and Waiters (most likely only one of them if they sign Ray Allen, the other is likely to be traded).. They're just young, but they have talent.. Don't be shocked if they go to the finals in the second year of the return, even without Love.

Jeremy

The Showoff
Reaction score
BsRwtUmCQAA2Xi2.jpg

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Lin and a 1st Round pick to Lakers for Cash and rights to a overseas player I believe.
This was known to happen, except believed to be to the 76ers.. Houston is trying to match the Parsons offer sheet while signing Bosh.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Ray Allen is willing to play for Cleveland this season for the Veteran's minimum, I'm not quite sure exactly what that would be but I think it's a base salary of 1.25-2 million plus some incentives I'm sure (35% or higher from the arc I'm assuming will be one incentive).

LeBron has reached out to Mike Miller who is expected to net a contract of about $4.5 million/yr which the Cavs would need to clear just a TAD more cap space to comfortably fit him in.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
ESPN is reporting that the Cavaliers have opened up trade talks with the Timberwolves with a deal involving Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett, and two first-round picks.

Chris Bosh pulled a 180 and looks like he's going back to Miami on a 5 yr/118 mil contract, Haslem and D-Wade are reportedly working on new deals with Miami as well.

CLE have "reportedly" informed Wiggins has been informed he will not be traded.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Pau Gasol has "virtually closed" a deal with the Bulls and he plans to complete a physical before returning to Spain in the coming days, according to Marca.com.

The deal is believed to be a sign-and-trade with the Lakers, though specifics have not yet emerged. The Lakers reportedly want Gasol to play in the Eastern Conference if he's not in L.A., which also works in Chicago's favor, and it seems like a matter of time before he's wearing a Bulls uniform.

Vince Carter agrees to a 3 yr/12 million contract with the Memphis Grizzlies.

Jazz officially matched the offersheet on Gordon Hayward.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
if Minnesota gifts Cleveland love without demanding wiggins I'm done

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Vince Carter agrees to a 3 yr/12 million contract with the Memphis Grizzlies.

Jazz officially matched the offersheet on Gordon Hayward.

Can anyone let me know if I should get excited for this? Don't know enough about basketball. Vince Carter gets a lot of hate but he has to be famous for a reason no matter how geriatric he may be

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Can anyone let me know if I should get excited for this? Don't know enough about basketball. Vince Carter gets a lot of hate but he has to be famous for a reason no matter how geriatric he may be
Yes and no, Vinsanity can draw a crowd, but I disagree with the amount their paying him.
At 37 years old 4 mil a year for basically a utility/depth player is a little steep.
He's one of my top 5 favorite players of all time though so if the Bulls had did the same thing I would've marked :)

Reactions: Snowman1