2009 Draft Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LKP

RAW
HHH
Edge WWE WHC CHAMPION
Matt Hardy
Big show
Morrison
Mark henry
MVP
JR
Swagger
Michelle Mccool

Smackdown
Cm punk
Orton WWE champion
Jericho
Knox
Bourne
Finlay
Santino
Mickie james
Cole
Matt striker
Christian

Ecw
Ziggler
Kennedy
Festus
Rey Mysterio Ic title He will be on raw and ecw like chavo was on ecw and smackdown
Haas
Brian kendrick
Tazz

JimmyD

Reaction score
If Swagger or Bourne make the jump from ECW it'll suck. Both have huge amounts of potential but are nowhere near the finished article yet in my oppinion.

I want Edge to stay on Smackdown because I've already got my tickets for the SD taping in London in a few months, but realistically I can see him moving to RAW. I'd love to see Christian on SD too but I've got a feeling it'll be Jericho and Cena who end up carrying that brand forward (because, quite frankly, they can) with RAW keeping Triple H and Orton.

EDIT: Just read that back and realised what a boring draft that would make for. Good thing I'm not a booker.

noumenon

Well...if it's any indication where the titles are going JR among various other have stated numerous times that WWE hold the WWE Title above the WHC...and with RAW becoming the main show after the draft I really don't forsee the departure of what they consider to be THE major title.

I don't see Taker going anywhere either. I think he quite enjoys having the most pull on Smackdown. Besides, Taker staying on Smackdown would open up the possibility of the Taker/Jericho feud we're all dying to see if Jericho is indeed drafted.

LKP

Besides, Taker staying on Smackdown would open up the possibility of the Taker/Jericho feud we're all dying to see if Jericho is indeed drafted.

Id love to see that now. With Jericho as he is now that would be awesome. Taker scaring him with his lights and mist. And Jericho mic skills classic feud lol.

PeepShow

If Edge and Christian aren't on the same show or don't have some sort of interaction this year, I may get pretty hostile.

Zarhan

Reaction score
I'm sure that Edge and Christian will be tag team for a few moment after the draft because its impossible that the two brothers doesn't reunite !

Zarhan

JimmyD

Reaction score
I doubt they've brought Christian back just to stick him back in a tag team with Edge. The smart money would be on those two feuding at some point in the next 6 months. Having said that, WWE has been known - on more than one occasion - to completely ignore the smart money.

Ed_cena

Reaction score
Raw: Triple H,Mark Henry,Morrison,Edge,Evan Bourne and Michelle McCool.
SD: John Cena,Miz,Christian,Rey Mysterio,Swagger and Micki James.
ECW:Kozlov,Jamie Noble,Rtruth and Cryme Tyme.

noumenon

Jericho/Taker is one of the blatantly obvious feuds they've chosen to ignore over the years. Now is absolute perfect time for it as well. With Jericho's new angle and Taker getting up there in years it could very well turn out to be feud of the year.

JimmyD

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I'm watching Edge's dvd at the moment and I reckon WWE could go for a TLC 6 (or 7, or whatever it is now) with Edge & Matt vs Jeff & Christian at some point. It'd give a wicked rub to Matt who they're obviously going to try and push as a heel, and it'd spotlight Jeff and Christian as well.

Now THAT would be a decent match.

Zeus

Reaction score
Really looking forward to this. Hoping Christian goes to RAW.

Airfixx

I'm sure that Edge and Christian will be tag team for a few moment after the draft because its impossible that the two brothers doesn't reunite !

I assume by "impossible" you mean entirely POSSIBLE?

Jimmy D said:
I doubt they've brought Christian back just to stick him back in a tag team with Edge. The smart money would be on those two feuding at some point in the next 6 months. Having said that, WWE has been known - on more than one occasion - to completely ignore the smart money.

I seriously don't understand the 'urgency'... IMO the longer the fans are kept fiending for Edge V Christian the better.... If they kept them apart in the draft all year and eventusally have some kind of cross-brand clash at WM26 (or e-e-e-v-e-n 27 at a push), for example, that would be epic!

IMO WWE have shown over the last year or two that, if anything, they have a tendency to blow their load too early (rather than missing the boat on obvious money fueds.)...

Cena/Batista
Orton/Batista (Orton being randomly jobbed to Batista upon his return.)
The pay-off with JBL/HBK.

...Immediately spring to mind.

seX-Power

My picks:

Raw- Triple H, Edge, MVP, Mark Henry, Maria, Natalya, Brie Bella, Chavo Guerrero

Smackdown- Chris Jericho, Christian, Evan Bourne, Mickie James, Rey Mysterio, Candice Michelle, Kofi Kingston, Katie Lea

ECW- The Big Show, Kane, Vladimir Kozlov, Umaga, Dolph Ziggler, Jamie Noble, R-Truth, Mr Kennedy

JimmyD

Reaction score
I assume by "impossible" you mean entirely POSSIBLE?

I seriously don't understand the 'urgency'... IMO the longer the fans are kept fiending for Edge V Christian the better.... If they kept them apart in the draft all year and eventusally have some kind of cross-brand clash at WM26 (or e-e-e-v-e-n 27 at a push), for example, that would be epic!

IMO WWE have shown over the last year or two that, if anything, they have a tendency to blow their load too early (rather than missing the boat on obvious money fueds.)...

I can see your point, but I don't think Christian is over enough to wait around. Obviously the guy is popular, but he's not so popular that the WWE can afford to put off the one feud that is guranteed to give him a big push. We'll see what happens after MITB but I reckon he needs to be put into a feud with Edge soon unless the WWE want him to stagnate.

Airfixx

...They could just do something else good with him to build him up. (Radical I know! : P )

I think solidifying him with the Edge fued rather than attempting to build him during said fued is a much better route... Especially as ultimately Edge will come out on top when the eventually do fued.

Besides, if he's as good as the majority of peeps (no pun) think he is then he damn well better be able to get over without relying on a rub from his former tag partner.

The isn't the return of Marty Jannety, FFS!