2009 Draft Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
My perfect darft picks would have to be..

To RAW
- HHH
- Shelton Benjamin
- MVP
- Christian
- The Undertaker

To SD!
- John Cena
- Santino Marella
- Dolph Ziggler
- Evan Bourne
- Chris Jericho

To ECW
- Rey Mysterio
- Jimmy Wang Yang or any other cruiserweight type wrestlers (could possibly lead to a return of the Crusierweight title!)

Airfixx

Raw: Edge, CM Punk, Morrison, Swagger, and Christian

Punk is ALREADY a Raw guy.

ECW: Priceless (dont ask),

(Sorry, dude... Just makes me more determined to ask! LOL)

Seriously, WDF??????

and Santino

If Santino isn't on Raw, ya may as well drop the character altogether.

What's the matter......you don't like hearing about..... THE ULTIMATE OPPURTUNIST!!^&%*....and.....BAtIsTa BOOOOOOMBS!!!! and VINTAGE _______!

Crazy isn't, it the way some peeps just can't appreciate genius! : oP

Incidentally, did anyone else notice that that infuriating little muppet has spent years now saying NOTHING notable at all aside from gaining a rep for saying everyting is "vintage --------", yet he finally finds himself calling a match with guys in it that the term vintage could legitamately be applied to and not fucking once did he utter the 'V'-word!!!

The little fucker prob has no idea about those guy's generation.... In fact anything pre-SD era WWF.

(Meanwhile, I'm sat their repeatedly thinking "Vintage Steamboat Armdrag", "Vintage Steamboat cross-body block", "Vintage Piper brawling" and so on....)

Wordlife

^I'm just saying, I have a feeling that Priceless will not end up and stay on Raw, with Orton possibly going to SD in the draft. I see the WWE somehow breaking them up to give DiBiase a more of a push

The Rated R CMStar

Do you seriously think Orton is going to SD? He's on the mist of the feud with The Mcmahons, he's not going anywhere. Same goes for Batista now. HHH is a lock for Raw. With Vickie on Raw, Big Show or Edge is getting drafted.

If we don't see Cena getting drafted to Smackdown and Edge stays in Smackdown, we might as well start celebrating Edge's 9th reign as champion

noumenon

It seems they'll be doing the "win a match, get a pick" thing again this year. This obviously allows them to unfairly draft more people to one brand than the other. This could be the way they beef the shit out of RAW and leave Smackdown kind of hanging.

Airfixx

Can't tell for sure how it'll pan out until we see who get's drafted where, but I LIKE the idea of Raw being the superstar & promo heavy yet light on the matches so-called main brand, whilst SD pushes a combined wrestling-heavy midcard and 'ME-developmental' agenda...

MikeRaw

Ok, so I just sat back and thought what moves I think we need and I want.
Here's what I want to see.

Supplemental draft moves:
ECW gets:
DH Smith
Ezekiel Jackson

SD gets:
Evan Bourne
John Morrison
William Regal

Main Draft:

SD gets:
Chris Jericho
John Cena
CM Punk
Kane

Raw gets:
Edge
Jeff Hardy
Triple H
The Big Show
MVP
Mr.Kennedy
Undertaker
Vladimir Kozlov
Christian

Then, the main event scenes can look like:

Raw:
Batista (Face)
Triple H (Face)
Mr.Kennedy (Face)
MVP (Face)
Shawn Michaels (Face)
Undertaker (Face)
Jeff Hardy (Face)
Edge (Heel)
Randy Orton (Heel)
Vladimir Kozlov (Heel)
Big Show (Heel)

Potential Feuds:
Batista vs Show
Batista vs Orton
Triple H vs The Undertaker
Triple H vs Kennedy
Triple H vs Big Show
Hardy vs Big Show
Edge vs Mr.Kennedy
Edge vs Shawn Michaels
Orton vs Kennedy
Orton vs Undertaker
Orton vs Batista
Kozlov vs Kennedy
Kozlov vs Triple H
Show vs Kennedy
Show vs MVP
Show vs Batista
Show vs Michaels

SD:
John Cena (Face)
Rey Mysterio (Face)
CM Punk (Tweener)
Christian (Tweener)
Khali (Tweener/Heel)
Umaga (Heel)
Chris Jericho (Heel)
John Morrison (Heel)
Matt Hardy (Heel)

Potential Feuds:
Cena vs Punk
Cena vs Christian
Cena vs Umaga
Cena vs Morrison
Khali vs Mysterio
Umaga vs Rey Mysterio
Umaga vs Cena
Matt Hardy vs Mysterio
Matt Hardy vs Christian

ECW:

DJ Gabriel (Face)
Ricky Ortiz (Face)
Finlay (Face)
Miz (Heel)
Jack Swagger (Heel)
Paul Burchill (Heel)
Mark Henry (Heel)

LKP

Not much change on ecw then mike? Id say finaly back to smackdown to wrestle myself. And Jeff hardy or rey to ecw as the top face when christian leaves.

Klide

i dont really see ant major drafts other than cena to smackdown and hhh to raw

The Rated R CMStar

Not much change on ecw then mike? Id say finaly back to smackdown to wrestle myself. And Jeff hardy or rey to ecw as the top face when christian leaves

He's over enough to be the face of SD or Raw, and you want to send him to ECW?

J

This is real selfish of me but I hope to god Orton is drafted to Smackdown so I can see him live when I got to Smackdown/ECW May 9th.

LKP

If Orton went to smackdown at last we would get to see him wrestle for more than 5 mins on raw.

MikeRaw

Actually, we probably wouldn't... Orton isn't being held from wrestling because he's on Raw. It's because he's a storyline centred character, and doesn't need matches to get over. In most cases, a guy either has a long promo and short match (or no match), or a short promo, like an interview, and a long match, and for Orton's character and storylines, it's more important for him to have a good, long promo, to continue his storylines, and leave the long matches for PPV.
It's be the same on SD, just like when Batista was there, or how HHH is there now.