2009 Draft Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Update after Jericho beats Dreamer...

Raw:
MVP
Big Show
Matt Hardy
Triple H
Miz
Maryse

Smackdown:
Melina
CM Punk
Kane
Chris Jericho
Rey Mysterio

ECW:
Vladimir Kozlov

Lubay

Reaction score
I was hoping that they would draft someone other than Mysterio at the end there, just to be unpredictable. Also, I am somewhat disappointing that almost half of the draftees this year, were already drafted last year. Didn't really see any point in drafting both woman's champions to change the titles on each show, not just due to the fact that most people do not care about the woman's division. But hey, they can't all be winners.

-Did not see Miz's attack on Morrison coming. Rather looking forward to seeing how that pans out.

Reaction score
A mostly predictable draft. Smackdown gets a substantial tummy-tuck and prepares to entice the Hispanics (Mysterio & Melina), Triple H switches back, Vladimir Kozlov downgrades and MVP upgrades.

The Miz to Raw caught me by surprise and so did Matt Hardy.

The Rated R CMStar

Seeing how Kozlov's TV time in the last 3 months was jobbing, ECW is actually an upgrade.

As for the Divas belt thing, they are pushing Michelle McCool on SD, so it makes sense to have the face champion in there. Same on Raw, pushing Mickie James or Kelly Kelly to face Maryse.

seX-Power

Do Smackdown have a top face now?

I mean, apart from Taker, who never wrestles, the best is Jeff Hardy, who I don't see being the face of SD after jobbing twice to Matt.

Airfixx

Pretty unsuprising draft tbhonest....

Biggest suprise, I guess is Miz.

Biggest dissapointment is MVP to Raw.... Especially now Jericho is over on SD too (Edge or Jericho vs MVP would have been his ticket to the big time, now I fear he'll be lost in the shuffle... At least for another year.).

um wwewaleed, how do you not know which champion was where?
ECW Champion = ECW
WWE Champion = Raw
At time of your post, HHH was the holder and a Smackdown guy.
WHC Champion = Smackdown

Actually held by Cena (a Raw guy)

World Tag Team Championships = Raw
WWE Tag = Smackdown with some ECW appearances as they have a split brand deal from a while back when Teddy owned Smackdown.

...And it appears you missed all the blah-blah about the unification of the tag belts too. Which are currently held by a SD team.

LOL... Well it seems quite apparent that you struggled too.

Nation

Either Beth Phoenix and/ or Mickie needs to go to SD. Maria needs to go back to RAW as she fits the divas championship. I like it. RAW has been the place for divas so it's good that the divas belt is there now. Smackdown is more wrestling than entertainment so it's good that the women's championship got switched.

LadyHotrod

SD easily won in this year's draft. They got a fuckload of talent.

Sure, Raw got Triple H back but who really cares anymore? I think a lot of people are growing tired of him and his lame feud with Orton isn't helping.

SD has a lot of good potential feuds now.

mancilla 86

Reaction score
i agree raw = hhh who cares? always been a smackdown guy! new wrestlers always emerge from smakcdown and then go to raw..