2009 Draft Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

mancilla 86

Reaction score
for sure rey is going to smackdown to improve the hispanic ratings..hhh stays on raw for the meantime other big superstars ..undertaker stays on smackdown and christian to raw

PeepShow

I have my doubts now that Christian will be going anywhere. With them putting him in this chase for the ECW title, I don't see him going anywhere.

LKP

If he loses in the triple threat match next week peep it could happen. If anywhere smackdown would be good for him, good matches are always booked on smackdown so i think christian wrestling 15 mins is better then 5 mins on raw and an ad break every 6 mins.

Lubay

Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt it if they left Christian in the chase and still drafted them. I mean it's not like they haven't drafted the ECW champion to another show twice.

mancilla 86

Reaction score
yea but lashley was a huge investment for vince..from what ive read vince isnt to high on christian..maybe christian at best will move to smackdown seeing as edge will go to raw..i think wwe wants to keep them seperated..

MikeRaw

I have my doubts now that Christian will be going anywhere. With them putting him in this chase for the ECW title, I don't see him going anywhere.
Call me crazy, but after reading some of the reports, however credible they are, about the possiility of WWE unifying the titles, I can't help but think, if that's the plan, the ECW one would be included. I don't know how likely it is, but there could be a scenario where Christian gets drafted to Raw, and then later wins the ECW Title (as part of the match at Backlash, even though he's moved to Raw), and then with all 3 guys on the same show (If HHH gets drafted to Raw, which is likely), that could lead to the unified title.
Anyways, I wouldn't rule out Christian being drafted. I doubt the scenario I said, but it's always possible, although it sounds more like a Russo thing. Still, you could see him going to Raw or SD. In fact, I'm betting on it.

The Walls

Reaction score
I definitely see Jericho going to SD in the draft, along with Batista & Rey Mysterio. As for coming to RAW, I'd love to see Undertaker make the move - but I say that every year and it never happens.

Lubay

Reaction score
To throw in some random draft predictions:

RAW:
Triple H (Obvious Reasons.)
MVP (To replace rey as midcard champion.)
Edge (To continue the story line with Vicky.)
Big Show (^)
John Morrison (To start his new single career separated from The Miz. Kind of feeling a face turn.)

ECW:
The Brian Kendrick
Jamie Noble (More of a hope than a prediction. It would be nice to see Noble main event a show, even if it is just ECW.)

Smackdown:
Rey Mysterio (Latino Demographic. I also see this being the first draft pick.)
The Miz (Singles Career)
Chris Jericho (Not really much left for him on Raw.)
Mike Knox (I have no idea why, but I just see this happening.)
Sim Snuka
(I think I heard a rumor about him filling in as color commentator for Smackdown, but I may be mistaken.)

PeepShow

I wouldn't doubt it if they left Christian in the chase and still drafted them. I mean it's not like they haven't drafted the ECW champion to another show twice.

Yeah, but he isn't champion. You don't see people on the Raw roster challenging for the ECW title. There have been ECW champions on Raw yes, but like I said, not challenging.

xtremebadass

Here are my predictions:

Raw:
Triple H (continue storyline with Orton)
Edge (continue storyline with Vickie)
MVP (replace CM Punk and Mysterio as face mid carder/ brings US title to Raw)
John Morrison (restart singles career on new brand)
Matt Hardy (Why not?)
JR (Need JR and King back)

ECW:
Vladimir Kozlov (I see him drowning on SD!)
Gregory Helms (I see him drowning on SD!)
R-Truth (I see him drowning on SD!)

SmackDown!:
Chris Jericho (needs a refreshing brand)
Rey Mysterio (restore that signature latino feel to Friday Nights now that Vickie is gone/ brings IC title to SD)
CM Punk (brings World title back to SD after cashing it in)
Evan Bourne (adds mid card high flyer in addition to Hardy, Mysterio, and Punk)
Michael Cole (dump his ass back where he belongs, if not here than ECW)

PeepShow

If Christian does get drafted, I see it being on the supplemental draft (lmao)

xtremebadass

Christian will not get drafted. He is involved in the chase to Backlash. That's the reason Bourne wasn't involved because he was going to get drafted anyways so it would have been pointless for him to be involved. Christian remains on ECW and tries to keep his job. Vince doesn't like him very much, he doesn't like ECW that much either, so he is in a bad spot.

PeepShow

Hence why I said IF.

And I'd almost rather see him stay on ECW anyways and continue doing what he is doing. It's better to be a big fish in a small pond than being sent to Raw and getting lost in the shuffle. Being on a show where there's no HHH involvement is the best possible place for someone to go to build their character back.

seX-Power

My picks are similiar, but I don't give a shit.

Chris Jericho to SD
Triple H to Raw
William Regal to ECW
John Cena to SD
Matt Hardy to Raw
Vladimir Kozlov to ECW
Rey Mysterio to SD
MVP to Raw
Umaga to ECW
CM Punk to SD
John Morrison to Raw
Mr Kennedy to ECW
Kofi Kingston to SD
Mark Henry to Raw
Santino Marella to ECW
Mickie James to SD
Maria to Raw
Jamie Noble to ECW
Candice Michelle to SD
Katie Lea to Raw
Jimmy Wang Yang to ECW

xtremebadass

I don't see there being alot of draft picks this year. WWE is hung up on replays which means less match time, which means less draft picks. There might only be 3 to Raw, 2 to SD, and 1 to ECW.

Seriously! Does anyone realize how much replay BS WWE has now? It's ridiculous.