2009 Draft Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JimmyD

Reaction score
I seriously don't understand the 'urgency'... IMO the longer the fans are kept fiending for Edge V Christian the better.... If they kept them apart in the draft all year and eventusally have some kind of cross-brand clash at WM26 (or e-e-e-v-e-n 27 at a push), for example, that would be epic!

IMO WWE have shown over the last year or two that, if anything, they have a tendency to blow their load too early (rather than missing the boat on obvious money fueds.)...

I can see your point, but I don't think Christian is over enough to wait around. Obviously the guy is popular, but he's not so popular that the WWE can afford to put off the one feud that is guranteed to give him a big push. We'll see what happens after MITB but I reckon he needs to be put into a feud with Edge soon unless the WWE want him to stagnate.

noumenon

^You see but there's the problem. Everyone was so pissed that he didn't debut on RAW or Smackdown in the main event and it was such a travesty that he debuted on ECW. Then you go and say you don't think he's over enough to wait around? He must be pretty damn over if people thought he was ready for a feud with the company's top face at the time (Jeff Hardy). Right? People seem to think that his ONLY purpose in the WWE is to reunite or feud with Edge. That really doesn't seem like it will carry him too far IMO. Why not let him prove he's got other shit to do before even hinting at him being anywhere near Edge.

ANYWAY, BACK TO THE DRAFT DISCUSSION!

Airfixx

noumenon said:
ANYWAY, BACK TO THE DRAFT DISCUSSION!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, kill-joy!

...Ya'll know how much I fiend for rehashes of the E&C/Hardy's/TLC saga.

I mean, fuck looking towards the future when you can tarnish the past whilst still hypocritically bashing the vets for refusing to build new stars! LOL

straight_edge76

I have a strange feeling that either Rhodes or DiBiase will be moved to either SD or ECW.

MikeRaw

The draft

The draft is coming up shortly after Mania this year... Usually, it's in mid to late June, which is fine as well. But they've decided to have it the week after Mania (April 13th) this year, and I think it's much better. Anyone agree? Not that it's a huge difference either way, but I think it has two things that make it better...
Firstly, it's like a new season of WWE after WM. Having the draft and reshuffling of the rosters 8 days after Mania make sit much better, and seem like a new year. It gives more time to build storylines for the upcoming year as well.
Secondly, it helps to get away from the same old matches at Backlash. Backlash has typically always been a poor man's Wrestlemania. It's usually all the same matches that we saw a month earlier, just a rematch. By having the draft after Mania and before Backlash, it'll get away (hopefully) from all of that.

I think the draft is much better at this point of the year than June... Anyone agree?

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

In this thread we talk about the draft.

Any predictions anybody?

I think Undertaker will go to Raw.
Christian will go to Smackdown.
Rey will go to ECW with the ICT

MikeRaw

There's a thread just a few down from here, someone will probably merge these together. But just to throw out a few predictions...
-I think Taker will go to Raw
-Edge to Raw
-Batista to Smackdown
-MVP to Raw
-CM Punk to SD
-Christian to Raw
-Jericho to SD

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
I really can't see Taker going to Raw, unless they want to continue his angle with HBK, but I don't think they will seeing as it was built around WM rather than a title or anything personal.

I would love to see Jericho go to SD, in fact I think it's vital that he does so that he can be the top heel because he deserves it and he's not going to oust Orton. I did think that HHH would go to Raw seeing as Stephanie is on it now, but with Cena winning the WHC last night and HHH retaining I can't see them having both titles on the same show, unless they're planning (yet another) quick change.

Wordlife

Raw: Edge, CM Punk, Morrison, Swagger, and Christian
SD: Orton, Y2J, Rey Mysterio and Evan Bourne
ECW: Kane, Priceless (dont ask), and Santino

1chiban

Reaction score
Morrison HAS to go to one of the main brands officially. Would say the same about Christian, but I have a hard time trying to work out what Vince and co. really do think of him. Swagger won't go anywhere imo

C4

RAW:

- Undertaker
- Big Show
- MVP
- Christian

Smackdown:

- Batista
- CM Punk
- Shawn Michaels
- Chris Jericho

Ilmago

Reaction score
I really hope Edge moves to Raw and becomes a face. I also see Miz and Morrison being broken up, and the WWE give a huge push to John Morrison. Also the rumours are that Raw is going to get a lot of the top Smackdown superstars.

PeepShow

If JR and Cole don't switch shows again, I might have to get pretty hostile.

noumenon

What's the matter......you don't like hearing about..... THE ULTIMATE OPPURTUNIST!!^&%*....and.....BAtIsTa BOOOOOOMBS!!!! and VINTAGE _______!