1/2/12 Raw Discussion Thread (Mystery Man Raw)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
So yeah, no thread and such...any interest to what's gonna happen when Jeric-err the mystery man shows up? Maybe picks on who it's gonna be?

I thought Jericho since the beginning, but part of me is anticapating a swerve similar to the Matt/Jeff/Christian angle 3 years ago for some reason. I keep having this idea that it's Brodus Clay, since the clues point to him in some way or another. Also Rey Mysterio might be an outside chance too, if there's some idea for a gimmick change like an avenger or if he wants to try going heel (Which I wouldn't do.) The angle's played out pretty awesomely with the vignettes though in my opinion. A highlight of Raw for me usually in fact.

So yeah...thoughts?

Reaction score
Re: 1/2/12 Mystery Man.

It's Jericho or Taker. I'm going with Jericho as one PWI is 99% certain it's him and Meltz is 100% certain it isn't him but PWInsider has been better at this than Meltz and Co have been all year long. Plus Jericho is trying to "work" the IWC in an eerily similar fashion to 07 when he returned. I'd rather Jericho as Taker is a given, but unless Taker is going to work a few shows before Mania or they just have an insanely good opponent for him at Mania (like the Trips return last year) I see no reason to have him return so soon to begin the build for a match three months down the road. Jericho can work the young talent till he gets to Punk at WM.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score

Meltzer's slippin', huh? >_>

Anyway, the only thing that makes me doubt that it's Jericho is the tone of the videos, while they have religious references and such, but it just seems a little too serious of a character for Jericho to play, and if it is, where would Jericho go with it? If it's him, I think he's winning the Rumble. Plus, Jericho could wait a little while longer and come back as a babyface. They're hinting at it though and i'm pretty sure it's him, I wouldn't put money on it though.

Chris was the name on the notebook though...so yeah.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

The Rumble winner will be Wade Barrett, whether Jericho is there or not.

I have my money on Jericho for this. While its different, Jericho said all along he didn't want to return unless he had a "fresh" character to play. It's still on some savior vibe, so it still fits with his other stuff. My only problem is the "2nd" coming... which really narrows a lot of options. Clay was never really there in the first place. Taker's way beyond 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 9th comings. That doesn't fit with Jericho either tho, as it would be his 3rd coming >_>

But I could just be reaching with that one... or it could have been the throw-off... or 2nd coming meant... coming on the 2nd...

I'm going with Jericho tho. The "Chris" on the notebook was very telling.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score

Wade? What makes you think that? Who would he challenge? I personally think if it's not Jericho, then Sheamus or Ziggler are who'd i'd bank on. Wade could have a potentially intriguing feud with Punk, but I doubt they'd go for WM for that, and Bryan probably won't make it out of EC as champion. His feud with Orton's really flat right now, (Despite a pretty awesome brawl on SD) but no way that feud lasts til WM. I think this may be the year they have a super curveball (Like Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd, McGillicutty level guy) winner that nobody expects, since Cena/Rock will sell the show and the RR to me really needs to have someone like that every once like a decade to add some realism into what should be a hugely unpredictable and random and chaotic match. I hate how a star guy wins every year, even if it is smart booking business-wise.

Back to the mystery guy, what threw me off is the part about the girl being his shephard or something. What kinda clue is that?

Personal outside guess: Buff Bagwell.

Reaction score

That vignette piece was the dumbest piece of "news" ever. So one week before the guy is supposed to appear, the vignettes will make it clear who it's supposed to be? Really??!!! Holy fuck, I wish sites like LOP were nothing more than trojan sites that bombard the visitors with pc crashing viruses...wait...

Reaction score

The Rumble winner will be Wade Barrett, whether Jericho is there or not.

I have my money on Jericho for this. While its different, Jericho said all along he didn't want to return unless he had a "fresh" character to play. It's still on some savior vibe, so it still fits with his other stuff. My only problem is the "2nd" coming... which really narrows a lot of options. Clay was never really there in the first place. Taker's way beyond 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 9th comings. That doesn't fit with Jericho either tho, as it would be his 3rd coming >_>

But I could just be reaching with that one... or it could have been the throw-off... or 2nd coming meant... coming on the 2nd...

I'm going with Jericho tho. The "Chris" on the notebook was very telling.

What happened to your certainty of it being Taker AND McCool? :)

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

What happened to your certainty of it being Taker AND McCool? :)

The 3rd video really made me consider it, but the apparent revoking of how important the girl is in terms of a possible role or presence in this storyline, has made me reconsider.

I was never really "CERTAIN" of that one tho, just keeping open the option of us not having another Sting incident >_>. The basis of the videos does seem to suit Taker and the reports of them both pitching ideas to creative when they visited recently made me think it was a possibility.

imported_#Heel

these viginettes fuck with my mind - i hope its jericho but i have a feeling it will be shane and stephanie

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Yeah, that last video sure gave away who it was...

Fuck, I think that was the most cryptic one yet if you ask me. Does anyone have a link to the video with the "Chris" notebook in it? I don't think I ever saw it.

But...

BROCK

:eek::

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Also, use this as the discussion thread for Monday's Raw if you will. Hopefully we can get some talk going again.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Oh, and just a theory, but what about Batista? He's done with MMA right? Lashley too? Idk

Here's my order of predictions:

1. Jericho.

If not Jericho, then 2. Undertaker.

If not Taker, then one of these three:

3. BROCK
4. Batista
5. Lashley

nation

Reaction score
Oh, and just a theory, but what about Batista? He's done with MMA right? Lashley too? Idk

Here's my order of predictions:

1. Jericho.

If not Jericho, then 2. Undertaker.

If not Taker, then one of these three:

3. BROCK
4. Batista
5. Lashley

Lashley? Sorry bud but you're officially Blue, Lucas.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Lashley's contract with TNA is over, he's not doing much in MMA right now, and he just recently said (last week) that he's got unfinished business in the WWE.

There's no way this is Brodus Clay... and if it IS Brodus Clay, they completely fucked everyone when Ace mentioned him last week... I highly doubt the WWE is that Blue, I'm sure they did that to end speculation that it was Clay as THAT would have been a letdown.

I still say Jericho, I doubt it's any of the MMA'ers... but I have this nagging feeling it's Taker... which wouldn't suck, but they could do a LOT MORE with Taker than this...