03/28 WRESTLEMANIA XXVI Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

The end was very dissatisfying to me in a narrative sense. HBK had been booked as a man obsessed with beating the Undertaker just for him to pathetically claw his way up and slap Taker in the face before taking a final tombstone.

To me that doesn't represent the actions of an obsessed person. Maybe I'm just being nit picky though.

I think he had finally accepted his fate, like how Ric Flair did two years ago. The difference though is that Flair was classy, so he accepted it by asking for a kick respectfully. Michaels has always been a "degenerate," so he asked for it with a smack. That's how I saw it at least.

Again, this. >_>

MITB Winner: Jack Swagger

GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I think he had finally accepted his fate, like how Ric Flair did two years ago. The difference though is that Flair was classy, so he accepted it by asking for a kick respectfully. Michaels has always been a "degenerate," so he asked for it with a smack. That's how I saw it at least.

I tried thinking of it like that but it still doesn't work for me. Obsessed people generally don't give up and accept their fate. I dunno, I guess it is pro wrestling after all and I shouldn't be going too in depth on this. Besides, I suppose it still could end up working depending on how it plays out tomorrow night. Either way aside from my dissatisfaction with the ending sequence it was still a great match.

Reaction score
^^^Yeah! I wasn't expecting him to win at all. I'm not sure I like it yet but Swagger vs. Cena could be fun for the summer.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Yeah Swagger winning was the high point in my opinion. But there were some great matches. I just gope they don't let Cena bury Swagger on Raw in the next few weeks.

Reaction score
Jack Swagger winning was the most unpredictable aspect of this year's mania.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

The lack of fate in Jack Swagga throughout the IWC is disappointing me

Wordlife

Like I said in my post after WM had ended... by far the entire PPV seemed so damn predictable and fixed. MITB was so different in a sense. We were all pulling for Christian, or the speculated rumor of Drew, but Swagger winning gave the PPV its niche push to be a good Mania. Till it all became predictable again...

PeepShow

I love how it's always Christian looking like the lame duck. Last year it was Christian looking like he was going to win only to be fucked over by Kane and then this year he's one of the last 2 as well and jobs out again to a guy he continuously beat on ECW and a guy who has done absolutely nothing since his time on Raw. Sigh...

Bret/Vince was quite possibly the worst thing I've ever watched in my life. Only thing that saved that was David, Kidd, and Natalya.

2 world title matches were solid but nothing spectacular.

Ending was really good and well deserved to be the main event.

Tag Match ~ *1/2
Triple Threat ~ ***1/4
MITB ~ ***
HHH/Sheamus ~ **3/4
Rey/Punk ~ *** (Way too fucking short)
Hart/McMahon ~ 1/4*
Jericho/Edge ~ ***1/2
Divas ~ 1/2*
Cena/Batista ~ ***1/4
HBK/Taker ~ ****1/2

Reaction score
^^^No one in WWE management thinks Christian is worth a shit. Not sure why though.