03/28 WRESTLEMANIA XXVI Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Great One

Yep. And wtf.. that's it? Possibly the greatest performer of all time.

Also, wtf did he say at the end? Something about his kids and 3 weeks?

LadyHotrod

Yeah, I just caught the kids and 3 weeks part as well....not sure what he was talking about or what he said before that.....

Cena vs Batista and HBK vs Undertaker, best matches of the night, imo. Didn't really think that was a great ending, though. Thought it would be a bit more of an emotional one. It was just kinda 'k, that's it, bye'.

Rated RJC

Reaction score

I think the possibly stuff can be put to rest. He is without a shadow of a doubt the greatest performer in professional wrestling, past or present and it's going to take somebody damn near perfect to top him in the future.

Of course they wouldn't end the streak which is meaningless in a predetermined sport. I can see why they went with Taker through, why prolong HBK's retirement when it seems he wants to go out on top and he did just that. He topped Flair's sendoff and I cannot see Michaels ruining that. A HOF bid next year but no match for Michaels.

If the streak is ended, which I have doubts, it's going to have to be by a young star, someone who can take that rub and ride it to superstardom. My prediction, Taker retires either next year or makes it an even 20-0

NinoBrown

Reaction score

Think he said something about driving them to school, I'm not too sure.

And HBK/Taker's match last year > this one.

Wordlife

That has to be one of the most typical and boring Wrestlemanias I have seen in a while. Orton winning seemed to happen easily from the get go, HHH as well.

Cena winning the title... come on now, everyone knew that would happen.

Streak vs Career, quite simply put as mediocre. Wasn't all that great of a match. Yeah it had its moments, but I preferred last years better.

The only bright spot of this Wrestlemania to me imo, was the MITB outcome. Jack Swagger?!?!?!?! WIN!

Overall, I rate this Wrestlemania a C+

Wasn't all that exceptional, too typical and bland.

Axis

This year's Taker/HBK trumped last year's as far as story-telling goes. It relied far less on spots, and it was more appealing to the thinking mind, which is a great change of pace from usual WWE "epic" matches.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

This year's Taker/HBK trumped last year's as far as story-telling goes. It relied far less on spots, and it was more appealing to the thinking mind, which is a great change of pace from usual WWE "epic" matches.

Was just about to say something along these lines. Enjoyed this year's match much, much, much more.

Reaction score
Sucks to see HBK go but awesome way to leave.

Assuming he actuallys stay retired. Pro wrestlers are infamous for coming back. If he stay away for a year I'd be happy and surprised.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I was really surprised by how good the Cena/ Batista and Triple H/ Sheamus matches were. Granted they weren't Steamboat-Savage good but very solid.

Jericho and Edge were awesome, as well as Taker- HBK.

Everything else was just very decent.

Except the Bret Hart vs McMahon which was very, very, bad.

Reaction score
I was really surprised by how good the Cena/ Batista and Triple H/ Sheamus matches were. Granted they weren't Steamboat-Savage good but very solid.

Jericho and Edge were awesome, as well as Taker- HBK.

Everything else was just very decent.

Except the Bret Hart vs McMahon which was very, very, bad.

Yeah, really. Bret chair whipped Vince until I started to feel bad for him. Most of the live crowd seemed to feel the same way.

monkeystyle

Reaction score

The end was very dissatisfying to me in a narrative sense. HBK had been booked as a man obsessed with beating the Undertaker just for him to pathetically claw his way up and slap Taker in the face before taking a final tombstone.

To me that doesn't represent the actions of an obsessed person. Maybe I'm just being nit picky though.

Reaction score
^^^Yup. Can't be any simplier than that. HBK should've won from a storyline point of view. If you lose one match at mania you can have another. Losing your career, in a storyline, means you've lost your way of life.

Axis

I think he had finally accepted his fate, like how Ric Flair did two years ago. The difference though is that Flair was classy, so he accepted it by asking for a kick respectfully. Michaels has always been a "degenerate," so he asked for it with a smack. That's how I saw it at least.