03/28 WRESTLEMANIA XXVI Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Wayne has venturered off to different things as well.

Anyone else glad Punk/Rey ISN'T a hair v mask match?

xtremebadass

Anyone else glad Punk/Rey ISN'T a hair v mask match?

I sort of wanted a hair vs. mask match. I would have been happy with anything except a street fight especially since Bret vs. Vince is a street fight as well.

the408kid

Reaction score
I sort of wanted a hair vs. mask match.
I'm on the fence on this. On one hand we dont need another storyline with Rey Mysterio's mask. It's been done twice and it's already played out. But I do like the idea that if Punk loses this match he'd have his hair shaved. I mean the other two members of the Straight Edge Society had to do it, why not him? I wouldn't mind a hair vs. join Straight Edge match myself!

xtremebadass

I am quite pissed no one has gotten their head shaved for a month or two. I was getting into that angle.

the408kid

Reaction score
I am quite pissed no one has gotten their head shaved for a month or two. I was getting into that angle.
They definitely could've used one to two more people for that hair shaving angle but after that the Society would've gotten to big.

xtremebadass

This is how I would rank the Mania matches in terms of what I am looking forward to the most...

1. Batista vs. Cena
2. Taker vs. HBK
3. Punk vs. Rey
4. MITB
5. Vince vs. Bret
6. TIE HHH vs. Sheamus/Orton vs. Rhodes vs. DiBiase
7. Edge vs. Jericho
8. Tag Title Match

the408kid

Reaction score
Here's my ranking of WM matches I'm looking forward to!
1. Taker vs. HBK
2. MITB match
3. Edge vs. Jericho ( just because I wanna see Christian use his briefcase to win the title vs. the winner here. That's assuming of course if Christian wins.)
4. HHH vs. Sheamus
5. Show Miz vs. Black Magic & The White Shadow- Truth, Morrison
6. Orton vs. Rhodes vs. Dibiase
7. Rey vs. Punk
8. Cena vs. Batista
9. Vince vs. Bret

maty619

Reaction score
I would say:
1. Rey/Punk (I'm biased though)
2. Batista/Cena
3. Taker/HBK (almost forgot about it)
4. MITB
5. Edge/Jericho
6. Orton/Cody/Ted (that is only higher than HHH/Sheamus because I am interested in Orton's face turn.
7. HHH/Sheamus
8. Vince/Bret (really doesn't appeal to me but I expect it to be the main event)
9. Tag Team
10. Divas

maty619

Reaction score
Here's my ranking of WM matches I'm looking forward to!
1. Taker vs. HBK
2. MITB match
3. Edge vs. Jericho ( just because I wanna see Christian use his briefcase to win the title vs. the winner here. That's assuming of course if Christian wins.)
4. HHH vs. Sheamus
5. Show Miz vs. Black Magic & The White Shadow- Truth, Morrison
6. Orton vs. Rhodes vs. Dibiase
7. Rey vs. Punk
8. Cena vs. Batista

9. Vince vs. Bret

How could you even think about putting those two matches there.

xtremebadass

Cena vs. Batista should be guaranteed to be better than Orton/Rhodes/DiBiase.

I have no clue how the Legacy match will go. It's going to be real awkward knowing that the match literally means nothing and it is just a beatdown match to cap off a feud of just simply beatdowns.

Cena vs. Batista has history and the match can't be as bad as people are saying. Their Summerslam match was great, this is at WrestleMania so it automatically ups the bar in terms of quality of matches.

MizMasta3000

I'm just expecting a bunch of Cena no sell. A preview of that was RAW two weeks ago.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I'm just expecting a bunch of Cena no sell. A preview of that was RAW two weeks ago.

Cena can't help how the segment was booked.

From top to bottom:
Rey/Punk
Batista/Cena
ShoMiz/Truth & JoMo
Sheamus/Tripper
Edge/Jericho
Orton/Rhodes/DiBiase
Michaels/'Taker
MITB
Vince/Bret
Whatever the women do

the408kid

Reaction score
Cena vs. Batista should be guaranteed to be better than Orton/Rhodes/DiBiase.

I have no clue how the Legacy match will go. It's going to be real awkward knowing that the match literally means nothing and it is just a beatdown match to cap off a feud of just simply beatdowns.

Cena vs. Batista has history and the match can't be as bad as people are saying. Their Summerslam match was great, this is at WrestleMania so it automatically ups the bar in terms of quality of matches.
Your first point I wouldn't be so sure about.

Second although we know this will cap this feud, the unpredictability of this match is what makes it intriguing to me, I dont actually care who wins this match though tbh.

Third, sure Cena and Batista has history, so does the Legacy match. I didn't see the Summerslam match so I'll take your word for it. And although these are two big names and Batista is better as a heel imo ( Great promo telling Cena's history of being the man in the wwe by the way) this match could definitely turn out to be decent but not great. And tbh it still just doesn't interest me that much.