Your Favourite TV Show?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Yeah I need to watch The Wire still, I hear it's great but just can't be bothered to start another show from scratch. Like Senhor said first two seasons you'll probably think it is good but doesn't live up to the hype, but after that it gets incredible and I think that's where most of the hype comes from. It comes back on for the final time on August 11 if that makes a difference to you.

This is another reason I don't want to watch now lol. Sitting through two 'good seasons' to get to the amazing parts.

At least when you are trying to convince someone to watch Dexter you can sell them on how awesome the first two seasons are. Same w/ the Wire

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
This is another reason I don't want to watch now lol. Sitting through two 'good seasons' to get to the amazing parts.

At least when you are trying to convince someone to watch Dexter you can sell them on how awesome the first two seasons are. Same w/ the Wire
I've noticed recently I really undersell the first two seasons though, don't get me wrong the first two seasons are great, better than most of the TV I have seen and I loved the show after the very first episode but nothing I've ever seen compares to S4 in particular, it still is great but the later seasons are so good that not many things could compare to it imo.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'll tell you what. You let me know when you start watching S1 of The Wire and I'll start watching BB at the same time.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Sure, I've been wanting to watch anyway, it's just psyching myself to start from scratch again, is it as good as people say? Or doesn't it really merit the praise?

Gonna guess it does though with you telling me to watch and all lol, I'll maybe try and start it this weekend.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
It's just unique as fuck. You see how things work from both the crime units and the criminals/gangsters. Tons of great characters. So much going on. Seriously S1 is the best season of any show I've seen. S2 will piss you off because they change a lot of the cast and focus on a different story, but there is still parts of the S1 storyline and S3 picks back up on being amazing.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Yeah I heard it was really different, like there is never any music played unless coming out of a radio/speaker or something? It would seem stupid to never watch this though with some of the plaudits it has, I'll try this weekend and will most likely be drawn in quickly, it will be nice to have a good show to pass time until Breaking Bad comes back on as at the minute I have nothing to watch, it might even be better than BB though, so yeah I'll watch sooner rather than later.

Btw have you ever seen The Shield? I watched the first few episodes and it was good but some people say it gets really bad down the line. I'm thinking about giving The Sopranos a go as well but I'd rather watch The Wire.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Sopranos is good, but honestly, I was basically forcing myself to finish S1 and never got around to S2. Something about it didn't click with me.

The Shield. Nah, never watched it.

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
HIMYM, US Office, Arrested Development, The Inbetweeners and Peep Show

Reactions: Cloud

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Yeah I heard it was really different, like there is never any music played unless coming out of a radio/speaker or something? It would seem stupid to never watch this though with some of the plaudits it has, I'll try this weekend and will most likely be drawn in quickly, it will be nice to have a good show to pass time until Breaking Bad comes back on as at the minute I have nothing to watch, it might even be better than BB though, so yeah I'll watch sooner rather than later.

Btw have you ever seen The Shield? I watched the first few episodes and it was good but some people say it gets really bad down the line. I'm thinking about giving The Sopranos a go as well but I'd rather watch The Wire.

Sopranos is one of my favourites of all time. If you like realistic writing, violence, and nudity, you'll love it.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Sopranos is good, but honestly, I was basically forcing myself to finish S1 and never got around to S2. Something about it didn't click with me.

The Shield. Nah, never watched it.
Yeah I thought it might be, it always seemed like a dated concept to me and it didn't really interest me just a few people said it was good.
Tbh BB is one of the only Drama's that I've clicked on to properly, I watch Homeland weekly but it doesn't interest me anywhere near as much, and I'm not really counting The Walking Dead as a Drama, but even that's been incredibly dull as of late.

Modern Family is the only thing I watch weekly atm but I've been meaning to watch Workaholics, I've heard great things about it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yeah I thought it might be, it always seemed like a dated concept to me and it didn't really interest me just a few people said it was good.
Tbh BB is one of the only Drama's that I've clicked on to properly, I watch Homeland weekly but it doesn't interest me anywhere near as much, and I'm not really counting The Walking Dead as a Drama, but even that's been incredibly dull as of late.

Modern Family is the only thing I watch weekly atm but I've been meaning to watch Workaholics, I've heard great things about it.

MF is great. If you want to know the best comedy series to watch, you know where to find me.

As for Drama, what about Dexter? I thought everybody watched Dexter on this site

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Sopranos is one of my favourites of all time. If you like realistic writing, violence, and nudity, you'll love it.
I'll maybe give it a try after The Wire but the concept just doesn't grab me as much as other shows, I'e got nothing better to do at the moment though so I'll try, if I really like it then that is a bonus.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
MF is great. If you want to know the best comedy series to watch, you know where to find me.

As for Drama, what about Dexter? I thought everybody watched Dexter on this site
Do you recommend any comedy's? I'm wanting to watch some more, as I'm starved of them atm, British comedy usually sucks.

I've just watched the first few episodes, I like it so far but I'm not really far enough through it yet to wake up wanting to watch more.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Do you recommend any comedy's? I'm wanting to watch some more, as I'm starved of them atm, British comedy usually sucks.

I've just watched the first few episodes, I like it so far but I'm not really far enough through it yet to wake up wanting to watch more.

Let's see.

You mentioned Workaholics

The best show of all time is Community. Such a clever show. Seriously you could watch any given ep 4 times and still be picking up on little quips you missed the first few times around. It is genuinely amazing

My #2 Favorite show ever is Curb your Enthusiasm. Based on the life of the creator of Seinfeld, Larry David, and the awkward social situations he gets himself into.

30 Rock is amazing and there are about 7 seasons worth of eps to watch. A show about a show, great cast and very witty stuff. Alec Baldwin is a killer

Eastbound & Down, season 1 is maybe my favorite individual season of any comedy show ever.

I'll stop there, but those are the ones that always come up when I think of my favorite comedy series

Reactions: Robbie Coletrain

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Let's see.

You mentioned Workaholics

The best show of all time is Community. Such a clever show. Seriously you could watch any given ep 4 times and still be picking up on little quips you missed the first few times around. It is genuinely amazing

My #2 Favorite show ever is Curb your Enthusiasm. Based on the life of the creator of Seinfeld, Larry David, and the awkward social situations he gets himself into.

30 Rock is amazing and there are about 7 seasons worth of eps to watch. A show about a show, great cast and very witty stuff. Alec Baldwin is a killer

Eastbound & Down, season 1 is maybe my favorite individual season of any comedy show ever.

I'll stop there, but those are the ones that always come up when I think of my favorite comedy series
Community and Curb Your Enthusiasm are the one's that jump out at me, I've heard about Community before and someone I know is really into it.

I watched the first ep of Arrested Development but I'm not sure it's really gripped me yet, have you seen it? And therefore does it get much better?
I can watch a comedy show at any time though given the fact they don't tend to last very long, I'll try and watch Community soon though as I've heard enough good things about it to merit a watch.