Your Favourite TV Show?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Community and Curb Your Enthusiasm are the one's that jump out at me, I've heard about Community before and someone I know is really into it.

I watched the first ep of Arrested Development but I'm not sure it's really gripped me yet, have you seen it? And therefore does it get much better?
I can watch a comedy show at any time though given the fact they don't tend to last very long, I'll try and watch Community soon though as I've heard enough good things about it to merit a watch.
Curb is fucking fantastic. If you like(d) Seinfeld, you'll love Curb.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Community and Curb Your Enthusiasm are the one's that jump out at me, I've heard about Community before and someone I know is really into it.

I watched the first ep of Arrested Development but I'm not sure it's really gripped me yet, have you seen it? And therefore does it get much better?
I can watch a comedy show at any time though given the fact they don't tend to last very long, I'll try and watch Community soon though as I've heard enough good things about it to merit a watch.
Yea, watch Community. Eps are only 21 minutes. If you are like me you will buzz through a few eps without even thinking twice. S1 is good but the first half is a lot of it is introducing characters and plot points. After that though it is non stop hitting you over the head with as much wit and understated humor as you can handle. The dynamic they are able to create between so many of the shows characters is awesome.

Arrested Development I've tried to watch twice. I don't dislike it, but like you said, it just hasn't gripped me. It is probably the most popular comedy series that I haven't watched through.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Curb is fucking fantastic. If you like(d) Seinfeld, you'll love Curb.

Curb was always my favorite show before I finally came out and decided to give the crown to Community. As much as I like a show like Workaholics, these two comedies are so clever that it just takes them to en entirely different level.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I think the problem with most shows are that they make it too long.
Like Game of Thrones that is like, 55-64 minutes long per episode.
Dexter is 47-57 minute long episodes.
Then there is Breaking Bad and Walking Dead which is about, 42 minutes long.

Can't waste that much time watching TV daily.
If you do watch Breaking Bad Dolph's, don't search random shit up. It's easy to get spoiled. The first four seasons are on Netflix.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Yea, watch Community. Eps are only 21 minutes. If you are like me you will buzz through a few eps without even thinking twice. S1 is good but the first half is a lot of it is introducing characters and plot points. After that though it is non stop hitting you over the head with as much wit and understated humor as you can handle. The dynamic they are able to create between so many of the shows characters is awesome.

Arrested Development I've tried to watch twice. I don't dislike it, but like you said, it just hasn't gripped me. It is probably the most popular comedy series that I haven't watched through.
Cool, I'll try and watch at some point this week then, I'm gonna have a few shows to watch now which is good, I've been bored off my ass waiting for BB to come back, all the show I usually watch are on post season breaks.

And I don't really mind character introduction either, Modern Family spent a while introducing characters and I stuck by it, as long as it doesn't bore me to death I'll stick through it, but give some of the reviews, I very much doubt it will be boring.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score

If you do watch Breaking Bad Dolph's, don't search random shit up. It's easy to get spoiled. The first four seasons are on Netflix.
That is what is great about Community. After the awesome S4, I'm going back to re-watch ALL EPS. At 21 minutes per ep it doesn't even seem like a daunting task. I watched the pilot again last night. It is awesome to re-watch where people's characters began after you see it all unfold

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score

Yeah, some shows like BB you could watch for ages, but others last way too long and can't keep you entertained for a whole hour.

And just the first 4 seasons on Netflix? On Netflix UK the first eight ep's of the 5 are on as well, guess that's because it isn't shown on TV here.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Also, yeah don't search it up, Crayo spoiled a major event for himself, there are spoilers EVERYWHERE for it, I spoiled a few little things for myself.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I don't have netflix anyway unless someone wants to be a doll and share their login/PW.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Also, yeah don't search it up, Crayo spoiled a major event for himself, there are spoilers EVERYWHERE for it, I spoiled a few little things for myself.
I probably will wind up fucking myself with this. I've done it with some shows, and I remember in particular once it was devestating.

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN DEXTER SEASON 4 IN IT'S ENTIRETY DON'T CLICK THIS SHIT

So I was getting deep into S4 and wanted to google something about Trinity. I can't remember what, but I began searching on Google...

"Trinity..."

immediately it pops up with popular searches:

TRINITY KILLS RITA

and I'm like wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I really fucked up.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
That is what is great about Community. After the awesome S4, I'm going back to re-watch ALL EPS. At 21 minutes per ep it doesn't even seem like a daunting task. I watched the pilot again last night. It is awesome to re-watch where people's characters began after you see it all unfold
Don't remember it well.
- Dean makes those announcements
- We see what every character is doing
- Jeff is talking to Duncan
- Jeff sees Britta
- Tells he's a Spanish tutor
- Comes back and there is an entire class waiting for him

That's what I could remember from the top of my head and more. I'm guessing I'm sort of right on what happens.