Your Favourite TV Show?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I don't have cable so... Don't watch much TV. When I did have cable I pretty much only ever watched Animal Planet :haha:
Basically... I Don't really have "favorites" just a few shows I like to watch.

Arrested Development
Walking Dead
How I met Your Mother
Breaking Bad
Raw

That about sums it up. Anything else I watch is just movies or cartoons on netflicks. I'm not a big TV person. I would much rather be playing video games then watching TV.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Father Ted, Fawlty Towers, Red Dwarf, Scrubs, Friends, Teachers, Coupling, Buffy, Dollhouse, Oz, Deadwood, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica, 4400, Life on Mars, Sliders, Green Wing, and when they finish I will watch HIMYM and Breaking Bad.
You started Breaking Bad? Knew you hadn't a week or so ago, it gets so much better later in the series.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I don't see how BB is so universally praised when now I hear "aw well, the first two seasons are a bit slow, but after that it's legendary!"

McLovin1

The Artiste
Reaction score
comedy :The Big Bang Theory,HIMYM,Family guy and Charlie's new show Anger Management.
Drama and Fantasy: Breaking Bad and Game of thrones.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
I don't see how BB is so universally praised when now I hear "aw well, the first two seasons are a bit slow, but after that it's legendary!"
They are slow, but they are still some of the greatest TV I have ever seen, the writing and acting more than makes up for the lack of major events, although a lot of stuff still happens, it's just S3 and S4 are the greatest TV ever imho, so it doesn't compare to that, if the third and fourth seasons weren't as good nobody would say it is slow, but as they are amazing, they seem slow compared to the later ones.

You should give it a watch, I've never really heard a bad review of it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
It's been built up too much by everyone ever. NO way it could live up to the hype at this point.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
It's been built up too much by everyone ever. NO way it could live up to the hype at this point.
It probably doesn't but that doesn't change the fact that it is definitely up there with the most entertaining shows ever, don't not watch it just because you don't think it will live up to hype as it still is brilliant TV with or without it.

Do you watch many Drama type shows or do you tend to watch more Comedy's?

McLovin1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Dont' be so sure about that Dolph's the last three spisodes of the 4th season are the best tv my eyes have ever witnessed :fap:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
It probably doesn't but that doesn't change the fact that it is definitely up there with the most entertaining shows ever, don't not watch it just because you don't think it will live up to hype as it still is brilliant TV with or without it.

Do you watch many Drama type shows or do you tend to watch more Comedy's?

Those are the only two genres I watch basically. More comedy than drama, but plenty of drama as well. Idk it honestly just doesn't appeal to me. HS teacher starts selling meth and becomes some sort of psuedo gangster. I just can't talk myself into watching it

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Those are the only two genres I watch basically. More comedy than drama, but plenty of drama as well. Idk it honestly just doesn't appeal to me. HS teacher starts selling meth and becomes some sort of psuedo gangster. I just can't talk myself into watching it
I was kinda feeling like that at first, but I didn't anticipate how good the writing would be, I thought it would be quite cheesy at first but they make it feel so real and desperate, as if he had no other choice. I'm not gonna keep telling you to watch if it simply doesn't appeal to you but it is by far my favorite show and I honestly struggle to find many criticisms of it. I think you'd enjoy it personally though.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
I think I know you're type of sense of humour. I believe you'd really enjoy the Jesse Pinkman character. I just starting watching it last week, I was hesitant to start it as well because of all the hype. I'm halfway through the second season and think its a good show. Better than most of what's on TV but not at all the greatest thing of all time, yet. I may change my mind when I get further into it. Give it a shot.

Reactions: Robbie Coletrain

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
It took me 8 years to finally watch season 1 of 'The Wire' so I imagine I will eventually get to it.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Yeah I need to watch The Wire still, I hear it's great but just can't be bothered to start another show from scratch. Like Senhor said first two seasons you'll probably think it is good but doesn't live up to the hype, but after that it gets incredible and I think that's where most of the hype comes from. It comes back on for the final time on August 11 if that makes a difference to you.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Yeah I need to watch The Wire still, I hear it's great but just can't be bothered to start another show from scratch. Like Senhor said first two seasons you'll probably think it is good but doesn't live up to the hype, but after that it gets incredible and I think that's where most of the hype comes from. It comes back on for the final time on August 11 if that makes a difference to you.

So its last season is this year?

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
So its last season is this year?
Yeah, it's currently on a mid season break which somehow will last a year, the first 8 episodes of S5 have already been aired and the last 8 episodes come back on August 11, after that it's gone forever.