WWF/E's Raw, Smackdown & PPV's 2002

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WrestleMania 18
Toronto, Canada

WWF Undisputed Champion: Chris Jericho
WWF Intercontinental Champion: William Regal
WWF Tag Team Champions: Billy & Chuck
WWF European Champion: Diamond Dallas Page
WWF Hardcore Champion: Goldust
WWF Cruiserweight Champion: Tajiri
WWF Women's Champion: Jazz

wm1.gif

Before I review the show I must add the stage looks fucking AWFUL, it's just a bunch of metal poles that looks like a construction site with a big screen and big ass lights. I guess we know where the money for the stage went.

:hogan:

Sliva play the song "Superstar" to open the show, me personally I preferred the "Superstar II" track. Then we get the opening video package.

WWF Intercontinental Championship: William Regal vs. Rob Van Dam
This pretty much felt like an extended RAW match. Don't get me wrong it was really enjoyable and RVD's bumping along with selling Regal's offense was AWESOME, but it didn’t have that special feel to it. The finish happens when RVD kicked the knucks back into Regal's face and hit the Frog Splash to win. **1/2

wm2.gif

Lillian is with Christian, says once he got over his tantrums, he didn't need DDP anymore, just like once he became a star, he ditched Toronto to move to Florida. He says he's reclaiming his place as Champion of Europe, and that's not a good thing for DDP.

WWF European Championship: Diamond Dallas Page vs. Christian
For 6 minutes, this was a lot better than I remembered it being. Sure it had no heat but did you honestly think Canada was gonna booo Christian? The finish happens when Christian is able to counter with a scorpion death drop. That only gets two though, and Christian calms himself from having a temper tantrum. But DDP catches him with a Diamond Cutter. Post-match: DDP says he’s proud of Christian. Not only did he lose, but he didn’t lose his temper. He controlled his anger even though he lost in front of 67,000 fans in the Sky Dome and the bazillions of fans watching at home. That’s not a bad thing, it’s a good thing. Christian then throws a temper tantrum in the middle of the ring. Page leaves through the crowd. **1/4

wm3.gif

Coach interviews Rock. Rock makes Coach say his prayers. This includes the EPIC! "What up, G?" line by coach :lmao and Rock stopped him, kicking him out. AWESOME! Stuff here He finishes it with the "Hulk Hogan, whatcha gonna do when The Rock runs wild on you." :mark:

WWF Hardcore Championship: Maven vs. Goldust
Goldust attacks him to start and sends him upside down into the railing. Goldust jumps off the apron to the railing. A cookie sheet gets used and a gold garbage can is brought in. Spine buster and Goldust slingshots he into the trash can. Maven dropkicks the garbage can in his face for two. Maven with a small package for two. Neckbreaker by Goldust-two. Goldust with a gourdbuster and he gets a golden shovel which meets Maven’s neck. Goldust hammers away and sends Maven into the trashcan. Both guys hit each other with lids and Spike Dudley runs in to win the hardcore title. Post-Match: Crash ran down to chase Spike off through the crowd, as did Goldust. DUD!

Drowning Pool performs "Tear Away" to hype up Triple H vs. Chris Jericho

Crash and Spike are fighting. Al Snow drives over with a golf cart, but they move and he crashes into a wall of boxes, all collapsing on him. Spike throws Crash into a garage door. All of a sudden, The Hurricane showed up flying on a rope, kicked Spike and then he pinned him.

wm4.gif

Kurt Angle vs. Kane
Before the match Kurt cuts a promo and makes fun of the Olympic gold medallists from Canada that were given medals during the Winter Olympics that year because of judge's being bribed. This kinda reminds me of this past WM with Kane and Orton, basically They needed something for Kurt and Kane to do, so why not put them in a match together. Angle blasts Kane with the ring bell before we ever get the opening bell, and thus has the early advantage. The story coming in is that Kane is suffering from a head injury after Angle hit him in the back of the head with a steel chair. But that story would quickly disappear in the early stage of the match. The last five minutes were excellent. ***

The Hurricane finds a room to hide in, but it's walked into by Godfather's hos. They start to strip but see Hurricane and scream, so Godfather runs in and throws Hurricane out.

NoDQ: Ric Flair vs. The Undertaker
I love the build to this match. Which featured Taker beating up his best friend and his son, then getting Flair arrested, which allows Vince to use this opportunity to try to get full power back and asked the Board of Directors to give him a full confidence vote. He got 100% authority up until Wrestlemania ends. If it wasn't for WM I feel flair should have gone over but hey that's just me. This was a damn brutal brawl. It had its moments of slowness and OBVIOUS! blown spots little, but thankfully that didn't kill the crowd. ALSO, THE ARN ANDERSON RUN-IN WITH DAT SPINEBUSTER~! Taker totally carried this. There’s WrestleMania win #10 for the Taker. ***1/4

wm5.gif

Booker T is wearing glasses now and says he's a highly intelligent man, despite what Edge says. He says he won an award in high school for his paper on Einstein’s Theory of Relatives. Cole corrects him so Booker points out that he had TWO theories.

Booker T vs. Edge
A little too short for my liking but still well for what we got. I would have liked to see what these two could do with some more time. Instead they tried to cram as much as they could in six minutes. The finish happens when Edge hits a spear, but it only gets him a two count. Edge breaks out the Edge-a-rooni (which according to Edge gave him mat burns), and the Edgecution finishes. **1/4 - **1/4

Hurricane tries to flee with Mighty Molly, but she KO's him with a frying pan and pins him to win the Hardcore Title! :lmao

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Scott Hall (w/Kevin Nash)
The match was solid. Hall was average on offense here, he really has fallen. Poor guy, as for Austin if you would have told me that after the year he had after 2001 that he would be just unmotivated and just not care I would have called you crazy. There were like 5-6 Stunners here, and 4 were on Hall, 1 on Austin from Hall, and 1 on Nash. I don't wanna talk about it anymore *1/2

wm6.gif

WWF FAN AXXESS is show from the day before.

WWF Tag Championships: Billy and Chuck vs. The Dudley Boys (w/ Stacey Keibler) vs. The Hardy Boys vs. The APA
Saliva plays the Dudley Boys down to the ring. The benefit is we get some dancing from Stacey Keibler (which was honestly better than the entire match, edit wait NO STACEY SHOWING HER ASS was the MVP of the match hell it might even be the highlight of the show) This match completely fell apart midway through. Billy & Chuck suck, Dudleyz should have been controlling the match. Hardyz who cares at this point and the APA should just stick to beer and poker every week. *

wm7.gif

Hogan tells Hall and Nash to stay in the back tonight because he wants to do this on his own. Elsewhere Molly is running with the Hardcore Title, but Christian swings a door back in her face and pins her to win the title. HAHAHAHAHAHA YES!

wm7a.gif

The Rock vs. “Hollywood†Hulk Hogan
The match everyone wanted to see. Hogan gets a monster pop on his entrance and a HUGE Hogan chant. Rock comes out to a fair amount of boos. They stare each other down and then look at the crowd as they break out into simultaneous “Hogan†and “Rocky†chants. The heat here is INSANE. The match had little structure other than "you get your shit in, and I'll do the same" But HOLY SHIT was it entertaining, and the crowd alone makes this just must watch. Post-Match: Hogan and Rock make up with a HUG!, which I find hilarious seeing how Hogan tried to murder Rock like 3/4 weeks ago. Anyway they shake hands. Rock encourages Hogan to pose but the Outsiders come out Hall throws his toothpick at Hogan and Nash attacks him. Rock sprints back to make the save and they clean house on Hall and Nash. Hogan goes to leave but Rock stops him and makes him come back to the ring. Hogan poses for the crowd and the crowd loves it. The Rock and Hogan shake hands and Rock parts the ropes for him. They walk to the back as Rock asks Hogan if he’s alright. They walk to the back side by side and before they go the back Hogan raises his hand and leaves. ***1/2

abze6b88.gif

WWF Women’s Championship: Jazz vs. Lita vs. Trish Stratus
This is pretty much the filler match to calm down the crowd. Just an okay match. It was tough for them to follow Rock/Hogan. The finish happens when Jazz hits a Fisher-woman buster Suplex off the top rope on Lita and pins her to retain the title. *3/4

In the parking lot, Christian is about to climb in a taxi but he stops to "BRAG''", but Maven runs over and schoolboys him to regain the title, he jumps in the cab and leaves with the title and Christian's bag.

WWF Undisputed Championship: Chris Jericho (w/ Stephanie McMahon) vs. Triple H
Sadly, the main issue leading into this seemed to be HHH vs. Stephanie with Jericho just being the 3rd wheel. Drowning Pool plays their version of HHH’s theme as he makes his way to the ring. Technically this was a fine and enjoyable for me, it had really good psychology surrounding Triple H's injured quad and Jericho working on it from opening bell. The finish happens when Triple H PEDIGREES STEPHANIE! Crowd loves it. Chair shot by Jericho only gets a two count. Jericho goes for the Pedigree but it’s countered into a Slingshot Suplex. Jericho lands on his feet on the middle turnbuckle but Trips kicks him in the gut when he jumps at him and grabs him into the Pedigree for the win. ***1/4

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
WrestleMania 18
Toronto, Canada

WWF Undisputed Champion: Chris Jericho
WWF Intercontinental Champion: William Regal
WWF Hardcore Champion: Goldust

wm1.gif

Before I review the show I must add the stage looks fucking AWFUL, it's just a bunch of metal poles that looks like a construction site with a big screen and big ass lights. I guess we know where the money for the stage went.

:hogan:

Sliva play the song "Superstar" to open the show, me personally I preferred the "Superstar II" track. Then we get the opening video package.

WWF Intercontinental Championship: William Regal vs. Rob Van Dam
This pretty much felt like an extended RAW match. Don't get me wrong it was really enjoyable and RVD's bumping along with selling Regal's offense was AWESOME, but it didn’t have that special feel to it. The finish happens when RVD kicked the knucks back into Regal's face and hit the Frog Splash to win. **1/2

wm2.gif

Lillian is with Christian, says once he got over his tantrums, he didn't need DDP anymore, just like once he became a star, he ditched Toronto to move to Florida. He says he's reclaiming his place as Champion of Europe, and that's not a good thing for DDP.

WWF European Championship: Diamond Dallas Page vs. Christian
For 6 minutes, this was a lot better than I remembered it being. Sure it had no heat but did you honestly think Canada was gonna booo Christian? The finish happens when Christian is able to counter with a scorpion death drop. That only gets two though, and Christian calms himself from having a temper tantrum. But DDP catches him with a Diamond Cutter. Post-match: DDP says he’s proud of Christian. Not only did he lose, but he didn’t lose his temper. He controlled his anger even though he lost in front of 67,000 fans in the Sky Dome and the bazillions of fans watching at home. That’s not a bad thing, it’s a good thing. Christian then throws a temper tantrum in the middle of the ring. Page leaves through the crowd. **1/4

wm3.gif

Coach interviews Rock. Rock makes Coach say his prayers. This includes the EPIC! "What up, G?" line by coach :lmao and Rock stopped him, kicking him out. AWESOME! Stuff here He finishes it with the "Hulk Hogan, whatcha gonna do when The Rock runs wild on you." :mark:

WWF Hardcore Championship: Maven vs. Goldust
Goldust attacks him to start and sends him upside down into the railing. Goldust jumps off the apron to the railing. A cookie sheet gets used and a gold garbage can is brought in. Spine buster and Goldust slingshots he into the trash can. Maven dropkicks the garbage can in his face for two. Maven with a small package for two. Neckbreaker by Goldust-two. Goldust with a gourdbuster and he gets a golden shovel which meets Maven’s neck. Goldust hammers away and sends Maven into the trashcan. Both guys hit each other with lids and Spike Dudley runs in to win the hardcore title. Post-Match: Crash ran down to chase Spike off through the crowd, as did Goldust. DUD!

Drowning Pool performs "Tear Away" to hype up Triple H vs. Chris Jericho

Crash and Spike are fighting. Al Snow drives over with a golf cart, but they move and he crashes into a wall of boxes, all collapsing on him. Spike throws Crash into a garage door. All of a sudden, The Hurricane showed up flying on a rope, kicked Spike and then he pinned him.

wm4.gif

Kurt Angle vs. Kane
Before the match Kurt cuts a promo and makes fun of the Olympic gold medallists from Canada that were given medals during the Winter Olympics that year because of judge's being bribed. This kinda reminds me of this past WM with Kane and Orton, basically They needed something for Kurt and Kane to do, so why not put them in a match together. Angle blasts Kane with the ring bell before we ever get the opening bell, and thus has the early advantage. The story coming in is that Kane is suffering from a head injury after Angle hit him in the back of the head with a steel chair. But that story would quickly disappear in the early stage of the match. The last five minutes were excellent. ***

The Hurricane finds a room to hide in, but it's walked into by Godfather's hos. They start to strip but see Hurricane and scream, so Godfather runs in and throws Hurricane out.

NoDQ: Ric Flair vs. The Undertaker
I love the build to this match. Which featured Taker beating up his best friend and his son, then getting Flair arrested, which allows Vince to use this opportunity to try to get full power back and asked the Board of Directors to give him a full confidence vote. He got 100% authority up until Wrestlemania ends. If it wasn't for WM I feel flair should have gone over but hey that's just me. This was a damn brutal brawl. It had its moments of slowness and OBVIOUS! blown spots little, but thankfully that didn't kill the crowd. ALSO, THE ARN ANDERSON RUN-IN WITH DAT SPINEBUSTER~! Taker totally carried this. There’s WrestleMania win #10 for the Taker. ***1/4

wm5.gif

Booker T is wearing glasses now and says he's a highly intelligent man, despite what Edge says. He says he won an award in high school for his paper on Einstein’s Theory of Relatives. Cole corrects him so Booker points out that he had TWO theories.

Booker T vs. Edge
A little too short for my liking but still well for what we got. I would have liked to see what these two could do with some more time. Instead they tried to cram as much as they could in six minutes. The finish happens when Edge hits a spear, but it only gets him a two count. Edge breaks out the Edge-a-rooni (which according to Edge gave him mat burns), and the Edgecution finishes. **1/4 - **1/4

Hurricane tries to flee with Mighty Molly, but she KO's him with a frying pan and pins him to win the Hardcore Title! :lmao

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Scott Hall (w/Kevin Nash)
The match was solid. Hall was average on offense here, he really has fallen. Poor guy, as for Austin if you would have told me that after the year he had after 2001 that he would be just unmotivated and just not care I would have called you crazy. There were like 5-6 Stunners here, and 4 were on Hall, 1 on Austin from Hall, and 1 on Nash. I don't wanna talk about it anymore *1/2

wm6.gif

WWF FAN AXXESS is show from the day before.

WWF Tag Championships: Billy and Chuck vs. The Dudley Boys (w/ Stacey Keibler) vs. The Hardy Boys vs. The APA
Saliva plays the Dudley Boys down to the ring. The benefit is we get some dancing from Stacey Keibler (which was honestly better than the entire match, edit wait NO STACEY SHOWING HER ASS was the MVP of the match hell it might even be the highlight of the show) This match completely fell apart midway through. Billy & Chuck suck, Dudleyz should have been controlling the match. Hardyz who cares at this point and the APA should just stick to beer and poker every week. *

wm7.gif

Hogan tells Hall and Nash to stay in the back tonight because he wants to do this on his own. Elsewhere Molly is running with the Hardcore Title, but Christian swings a door back in her face and pins her to win the title. HAHAHAHAHAHA YES!

wm7a.gif

The Rock vs. “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan
The match everyone wanted to see. Hogan gets a monster pop on his entrance and a HUGE Hogan chant. Rock comes out to a fair amount of boos. They stare each other down and then look at the crowd as they break out into simultaneous “Hogan” and “Rocky” chants. The heat here is INSANE. The match had little structure other than "you get your shit in, and I'll do the same" But HOLY SHIT was it entertaining, and the crowd alone makes this just must watch. Post-Match: Hogan and Rock make up with a HUG!, which I find hilarious seeing how Hogan tried to murder Rock like 3/4 weeks ago. Anyway they shake hands. Rock encourages Hogan to pose but the Outsiders come out Hall throws his toothpick at Hogan and Nash attacks him. Rock sprints back to make the save and they clean house on Hall and Nash. Hogan goes to leave but Rock stops him and makes him come back to the ring. Hogan poses for the crowd and the crowd loves it. The Rock and Hogan shake hands and Rock parts the ropes for him. They walk to the back as Rock asks Hogan if he’s alright. They walk to the back side by side and before they go the back Hogan raises his hand and leaves. ***1/2

abze6b88.gif

WWF Women’s Championship: Jazz vs. Lita vs. Trish Stratus
This is pretty much the filler match to calm down the crowd. Just an okay match. It was tough for them to follow Rock/Hogan. The finish happens when Jazz hits a Fisher-woman buster Suplex off the top rope on Lita and pins her to retain the title. *3/4

In the parking lot, Christian is about to climb in a taxi but he stops to "BRAG''", but Maven runs over and schoolboys him to regain the title, he jumps in the cab and leaves with the title and Christian's bag.

WWF Undisputed Championship: Chris Jericho (w/ Stephanie McMahon) vs. Triple H
Sadly, the main issue leading into this seemed to be HHH vs. Stephanie with Jericho just being the 3rd wheel. Drowning Pool plays their version of HHH’s theme as he makes his way to the ring. Technically this was a fine and enjoyable for me, it had really good psychology surrounding Triple H's injured quad and Jericho working on it from opening bell. The finish happens when Triple H PEDIGREES STEPHANIE! Crowd loves it. Chair shot by Jericho only gets a two count. Jericho goes for the Pedigree but it’s countered into a Slingshot Suplex. Jericho lands on his feet on the middle turnbuckle but Trips kicks him in the gut when he jumps at him and grabs him into the Pedigree for the win. ***1/4

The ones I mostly disagree are Taker/Flair and Edge/Booker. The former because it was just too sloppy, and personally I didn't like the feud leading up to it, the latter as it was not given enough time.

Actually would say Rock/Hogan was the match of the night, partly down to the special atmosphere and how it was layed out. Women's title sounds good too.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
The ones I mostly disagree are Taker/Flair and Edge/Booker. The former because it was just too sloppy, and personally I didn't like the feud leading up to it, the latter as it was not given enough time.

Actually would say Rock/Hogan was the match of the night, partly down to the special atmosphere and how it was layed out. Women's title sounds good too.

I still think the Taker/Flair lead up was pretty great it you think about it. Taker pushes flair around and challenges him to a match. But Flair says NO! so what does the bad guy do but go after his retired best friend and son, to make sure he gets the match. As for Booker/Edge they were feuding over "SHAMPOO"

I have Rock/Hogan as MOTN too. And you can see all 3 females tried, but it was right after Hogan/Rock so it wasn't memorable.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw 04/18/2002
Montreal, Canada

WWF Undisputed Champion: Triple H
WWF Intercontinental Champion: Rob Van Dam
WWF Hardcore Champion: Maven

Hulk Hogan comes still wearing the NWO black gimmick. And gets a ridiculous pop which goes on for on for at least 3 minutes, He says he didn't expect that, or to lose at Mania, or for his NWO brothers to beat on him. Hogan says he has got to thank the Rock and says someday there will be a rematch. Suddenly the Rock's music hits and The Rock comes to the ring, he thanks Hulk Hogan for a great match at Wrestlemania. The Rock says that he would wrestle Hogan again "any time any place.." and it would "be his honour" he then questions why Hogan is still wearing NWO colours so Hulk Hogan rips his NWO shirt off and throws it out of the ring. This would lead to the NWO coming out Nash says Hogan turned on them before they turned on Hogan, he also says they had a plan to systematically eliminate the WWF. Starting with Austin. Nash then says Hogan had to be a big shot and wrestle "The Great One" and if it was 3 on 1 last night, Austin would have been gone. He says they were so caught up in being poison to the WWF that they didn't realize the WWF poisoned Hogan. The Rock cuts in and makes fun of Hall/Nash's whining by calling him "Big Daddy Bitch"! :lmao The Rock challenges Nash & Hall to wrestle him and Hogan TONIGHT! The Rock says that he and Hogan are going to inject their boots right up the NWO's asses! And finishes it with "Whatcha gonna do, when the Rock & Hogan, run wild on yooouu!!!"

WWF Intercontinental Championship: Rob Van Dam vs. Christian
Really solid stuff here, I call one if RVD's "Get Your Shit in Match" as Christian takes all of RVD moves and makes then look great. The finish happens when Christian retreats bails to the outside of the ring but DDP runs down and throws Christian back into the ring allowing RVD to get in a kick and the Frog Splash for the win. **1/4

In the back, Jericho arrives and a native security guard I think it’s was that jobber Sylvain Grenier he says the people of Montreal are sorry he lost. Jericho asks if he's from here and he says yes, so Jericho beats the shit out of him. :lmao

Trish Stratus vs. Lita
Really short match that wasn't fun at all, Lita hits the moonsault off the top rope for the win. Post-Match: Jazz runs down to attack Lita, but Trish attacks Jazz. Ivory comes down and lays out Lita as Jazz throws Trish out, and they stare each other than slap hands like everything is cool.

Linda thanks the WWF Superstars and Fans for making WM18 a success she then announces that Ric Flair will control RAW and Vince McMahon will control Smackdown! She then announces that there will be a superstar "draft" next Monday. With the exception of the WWF Champion, who will work both brands. OH SHIT!

Vince McMahon comes out and says that Ric Flair lacks Business sense and predicts that Ric Flair will be a miserable failure! Ric Flair comes out and Vince talks about how bad Taker kicked his ass at Mania. Flair says Vince was right, and he did make Raw, but in recent years, he's used it to flaunt his wealth and affairs, shove his horrible kids down the fans' throats, and make people kiss his ass. Ric promises that RAW will continue and not skip a beat with Vince's presence Vince says he'll prove how good he is and they flip a coin to see who drafts first, and Vince wins with heads. Vince sucker punches Flair and leaves, but Flair pulls him back in and puts on the Figure Four.

Edge & Kane vs. Kurt Angle & Booker T
Really fun energetic match here that was fast paced and had a really enjoyable heat segment. Kurt locks the Ankle lock on Edge but Kane interrupts and grabs Kurt by the throat. Booker T comes in and takes Kane out of the ring. Angle then counters the Edge-ecution. And Booker T misses the sidekick and accidentally hit Angle, which allows Edge gets a near fall on Angle. Edge nails the Edge-ecution on Kurt Angle which allows Edge to put up the win and to start the AWESOME Edge/Angle feud of 2002 YES! **1/2 - **3/4

WWF Hardcore Championship - Maven vs. Al Snow
Standard Hardcore match here Spike Dudley runs down with his own referee and Spike hits Snow with a stop sign. BUT ALL OF A SUDDEN BROCK LESNAR RUN DOWN WITH PAUL HEYMAN FROM THE CROWD. Lesnar takes out Al Snow with a spinebuster onto a trash can, and then he gives Maven the F-5. But silly Spike jumps off the top rope and snaps a stick over Lesnar's head, Lesnar no sells it. So he beats the SHIT out of Spike Dudley including a triple-power-bomb. Heyman holds up Brock's hand in the ring. AWESOME!

raw1.gif
raw2.gif
raw3.gif

In the back, Regal sees Matt & Lita kissing. Regal asks Matt & Lita what they will do if they are separated by the draft.

WWF Tag Team Championship: Billy & Chuck vs. The Dudley Boyz (w/ Stacy Keibler)
A few minutes into the match, Stacy gets up on the apron to distract Billy Gunn with dat ASS! but he doesn't get distracted She gets pissed and hits him in the back with the title belt and he falls into 3D, but the ref saw it and calls for a DQ. Post-Match: Stacy and the Dudleyz argue, and she tries to leave after telling them off, but Bubba grabs her and D-Von sets up a table. So Bubba powerbombs her through a table from the second rope! :(

raw4.gif

Triple H comes down to the ring and gets on the mic. He talks about how good it is to be champion again and says that he proved to the world, and to Chris Jericho, that he is THE GAME! Triple H shows a clip of him putting the pedigree on Steph last night. Stephanie comes out in a neck brace and says Jericho wants his rematch next week. Triple H says he'll wrestle Jericho and another Superstar next week, and that other superstar will be Stephanie SWERVE! Triple H says if he pins Steph, she will have to leave the WWF, she refuses to agree.. Saying the fans depend on seeing Stephanie in the WWF. Triple H says if Steph doesn't compete next week, Jericho will not get a title shot. So she thinks about it and agrees to the terms.

The Rock & Hulk Hogan vs. The Outsiders
Hogan comes out to VOODOO CHILD :mark: Pretty acceptable match wasn't expecting anything memorable looking at the 3/4 talent involved. Rock obviously takes most of the beating in this allowing Hulk to get the hot tag Hogan takes it to Hall and the Rock gets up and takes it to Nash outside the ring. Hogan hits the Leg Drop on Hall, but that only gets 2 counts because Nash pulls Hall out of the ring. Nash & Hall leave the ring and get counted out. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 03/21/2002
Ottawa, Canada

Edge vs. Booker T
Kurt Angle is on commentary for this, just as good as their Mania match Edge went to the top rope, and Angle got up from commentary to try to shove Edge off. But Edge kicked Angle to the floor, and then hit him with a huge cross body! Back in the ring, Booker accidentally hit referee Teddy Long with a kick, knocking him out which allowed Edge to spear Booker but there was no ref to count! So Angle snuck into the ring and hit the Angle Slam on Edge, and then Booker hit a scissors kick for the win. I should add Kurt on commentary was AMAZING at one point he tell Cole “shame on you for comparing him to Rock and Hoganâ€￾ then starts sing the DMX song “Y’ll gon make me lose my mind, up in hereâ€￾ and a couple of minutes quoted “Who let the dogs outâ€￾ :lmao **1/2 - **3/4

Hogan and Vince bump into each other. Vince says that just for the record, he invented sports entertainment and he made Hulk Hogan. He says every time Hogan goes into business for himself, he falls on his ass, and says if Hogan wants to be the #1 draft pick, he could, but he'd have to be a team player and take direction from him. Vince tells him to take the night off and think about it. Hogan said he would think about it, but said he would be hanging around for SmackDown!

Regal tells the APA about the draft. They both say they were already drafted in football, and they also like cold draft beer. Regal tells them they could be split up and the APA would be out of business. Bradshaw asked Regal to borrow five dollars, but Regal said no, thinking the APA member would take it and use it at a strip club! Bradshaw said he was right, but added that if they were on separate shows, one of them would be on the same show as Regal, so the APA could continue to kick Regal's royal ass! He leaves, and DDP asks why he's so mad, and says it might be because he lost at Mania. Regal challenges him to a European Title match, and DDP accepts.

Scott Hall psyched Kevin Nash up for his SmackDown! Wrestling debut, as the former Federation Champion would go one-on-one with The Rock. Nash says he would do what Hogan couldn't do at WrestleMania "kick The Rock's ass!"

Trish Stratus & Lita vs. Jazz & Ivory
They did at least give it time to develop it was basically a present day diva's match.

RVD says both Flair and McMahon wanted him to make their show better, and wherever he wound up, he would still be RVD.

WWF European Championship: Diamond Dallas Page vs. William Regal
This wasn't bad but I just wish it got more time to tell a story before the ending, because I was really into this one. Christian ran down and pulled DDP off of Regal. Christian then distracted the referee, allowing Regal to nail DDP with his brass knuckles; Regal then locked DDP in the Regal Stretch, and with DDP already unconscious from the brass knuckles, the referee called for the bell. **1/2

Chris Jericho & Stephanie come down to the ring and Jericho gets on the mic. He says he'll be Undisputed Champion again after Raw. He says Triple H put Stephanie in the match because he can't beat him twice in a row and says the WWF needs Stephanie. Triple H comes out and pokes fun at Jericho's pink, sparkly ring robe, saying that Liberace had called and said he wanted his pajamas back! The Game said that they couldn't survive without all of Stephanie's contributions, and then showed a video of Stephanie's most "Classic Moments" including her getting the Stink Face, and having beer and mustard poured all over her! :lmao Stephanie says she had the match turned into a triple threat and it will be the ultimate humiliation when she wins the title. Y2J looked shocked, as if he didn't know anything about this! She said she knew it would be an embarrassment for Triple H to lose the title but would be an even greatest embarrassment to lose it to her!

Test vs. Tajiri (w/ Torrie Wilson)
This was actually a really fun big man vs. little man match. The finish happens when Torrie got up on the apron, and Test grabbed her and shoved her down, only to walk into a boot from Tajiri, damn good near fall Test hit the big boot to Tajiri's for the win. *3/4

In the back, Vince talks to the NWO. He says tonight, he thinks they'll make a statement and says Nash is going to castrate the Brahma Bull. Vince says he's made it so the NWO is drafted as a unit and says Flair won't possibly want them on Raw.

The Hurricane vs. Mighty Molly
Molly extended her hand for Hurricane to shake, but when he did, she kicked him in the gut! :lmao Hurricane recovered and went for the chokeslam, but let go and just walked away. But Molly went after him. Hurricane then was about to go up top, but just couldn't go through with it. Suddenly, outran Brock Lesnar, who destroyed Hurricane with a series of brutal power moves. YES! As Molly came to Hurricane's rescue, Paul Heyman instructed Lesnar to get her, and he clotheslined her down! Heyman and Lesnar celebrated the carnage and then left through the crowd, as referees came out to help Hurricane and Molly!

sd1a.gif

Taker tells Flair to draft him to that he can make every day of Flair's life like a WrestleMania moment. Elsewhere Billy & Chuck talk to each other and Billy says he got them a 3rd guy. He says he's tough, but he's the best. Rico then comes in and says their headbands are crooked and their colors are totally passé. He says they're getting full body makeovers later, and Billy finishes his sentence, saying he's the best stylist money can buy. HAHAHAHA!

WWF Tag Team Championship: Billy & Chuck (w/ Rico) vs. The Hardy Boyz
I wasn't really watching but I know the finish happens when Rico hangs Matt out on the top rope, and Matt walked right into the Fame-asser.

The Rock vs. Kevin Nash (w/ Scott Hall)
Nash's offense look really good here, or maybe it was because Rock sold everything like a champ. I just wish big guys would just stop doing the "bearhug" as a sleeper hold. Highlight moments that happen are Hall got in the ring, but Rock punched him out, and Hall flew to the outside! which was hilarious, then Rock then downed Nash with a spine buster and nailed the People's Elbow, but Hall attacked Rock as he went for the pin, as the ref disqualified the NWO. Post-Match: Rock threw Hall to the outside, and then went to the outside himself and took the top off the announce table. Rock went after Hall, but Nash attacked Rock and power bombed him through the table. Hollywood Hogan ran out and hit Hall with the Big Boot and Leg-drop. But Nash attacked Hogan from behind only for Hogan to "Hulk up," hitting Nash with the big boot and Leg-drop! X-Pac then runs to the ring, wearing NWO colors, nails Hogan over the head with a steel chair, busting Hollywood wide open. Hall hit Hogan with the chair once again, and Nash got in a shot for good measure. X-Pac then ripped Hogan's shirt off, and the man spray-painted the NWO logo on Hogan's back. AWESOME!

sd1b.gif

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw 03/25/2002 (THE DRAFT)
State College, Pennsylvania

WWF European Champion: William Regal

Linda addresses the locker room via satellite and says in the interest of time; only 20 draft picks will take place on the show tonight, and the rest of the air via lottery. Linda says HHH, Jericho & Stephanie will not be eligible to be drafted. She also says due to a contractual stipulation, Steve Austin is not available for draft :hm: BUT is considered a "free agent" and can sign with either side.

Mr. Perfect vs. Tazz
Mr Perfect comes out and says tonight everybody will see an example of "the perfect pick!". Really solid stuff here, with the short time that they got. The finish happens when Tazz locks in a surprise Tazmission on Mr Perfect! And forces him to tap. **1/4

Ric & Arn discuss "going into battle" with Vince McMahon. Arn says Vince has first picked, so Flair needs an A and B plan. Flair says Vince will probably go an unexpected route, so they need many backup plans.

Vince McMahon comes out to his podium, and the 1st pick of the draft and to Smackdown is "THE ROCK!" In the back, Rock is not happy and walks out to the stage. Vince says he made Hogan and he made Rock, and Rock says the people made The Rock. Rock tells Vince that he's taken the Rock away from RAW where he's had so many memories, like winning the WWF Title, teaming with Mick Foley (RockNSock Connection), and shoving Vince's face in Rikishi's ass! Rock asks Vince if this is what he really wants to do. Vince begins to say "What I wanna do......" "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU WANNA DO!!" This finally ends when The Rock gets half the crowd to chant "You Are!" and the other half of the crowd to chant "An Asshole!" EPIC!

Ric Flair comes out and goes to his podium and his #1 pick for Raw is a man who he personally dislikes, but is a WWF cornerstone "THE UNDERTAKER!" Taker is pissed and throws a chair.

raw1a.gif

Kurt is upset that Vince didn't pick him first and Vince says he picked Rock as a swerve, and Flair did the same. Taker comes in pissed and says Vince told him this wouldn't happen, and Vince admits he was wrong, but he'll make it up to Taker.

Edge & Diamond Dallas Page vs. Booker T & Christian
Most of the match was DDP/Booker T which was weird unless they are setting up a new feud. The finish happens when Christian puts the unprettier on DDP then Booker hits DDP with a scissors kick! For the win. **

Kurt sells himself to Vince and says Flair would want the credibility he brings, so Vince picks Kurt Angle as his #2 for Smackdown, Kurt celebrates by hugging Vince and saying "love you man!" Kurt then gets serious and says "But I should have been first.." :lmao

Flair is at the podium on the stage and says he will be working diligently to bring Austin to Raw. However, his #2 pick is the NWO!

In the back, Vince is PISSED, and Kurt calms him down by saying Flair wants him to get thrown off his game. Kurt says there's someone who's been inactive but he's coming back soon and getting ready. He says Flair's talking to him a lot, and Kurt saw him last week, and he's a few months away from being ready, and Kurt whispers it in Vince's ear. Vince's #3 pick is...CHRIS BENOIT! :mark: :mark: :mark:

The NWO is shown bullying Ric Flair in his office, they say they only listen to one person, Vince McMahon. Ric informs everybody of his #3 draft pick which is KANE! They leave upset.

Trish Stratus vs. Ivory
Ivory controlled most of the match with basic brutal wrestling hold, Trish's comeback was sold but it had its sloppy moments too. Trish wins with the Stratusfaction. *1/2

Vince McMahon comes out and the fans start the "You Are...... An Asshole!..... You Are............ An Asshole" chant :lmao Vince gets angry and almost leaves the stage. But then announces his #4 pick is HULK HOGAN!

Ric Flair comes out to the podium and says his #4 pick is the IC Champion, ROB VAN DAM! Which I thought was weird because I thought you couldn't draft champions, or was it just the world champion that can go on both shows.

In the back, Vince is pissed that he can't have the IC Title, and Kurt tells him to just book him vs. RVD for the IC Title tonight. Vince says that's brilliant, Vince says "that's why Kurt is the second draft pick... but maybe he should have been first.."

Elsewhere The Rock and Hogan talk, and they propose a handicap match vs. the NWO tonight, to get their revenge while they can.

Vince McMahon comes back up to the podium and for #5, he picks the current WWF Tag Team Champions, BILLY & CHUCK! UGH! DAMMIT VINCE why didn't you pick Regal.

The Rock & Hulk Hogan vs. NWO
Alright match here is wasn't brutally bad and had some fun moments but nothing special. The NWO start beating up the Rock and Hogan then out of nowhere Kane comes to the ring to even the odds! And the Ref DQ them. **1/4

Vince yells at Flair for taking his guys. Flair says he doesn't have to explain anything, but since Vince is so fired up about his favorites, Flair's #5 is Booker T! Vince then says he'll take the man who beat Booker T in a big match at Mania, and his #6 is Edge! Flair says if Vince wants big, his #6 is The Big Show! Vince then takes his #7 as Rikishi. Flair says he hopes he sits on Vince's face again, the two scuffles and Arn holds Ric back as Vince leaves.

Jeff Hardy (w/ Matt Hardy & Lita) vs. Billy Gunn (w/ Chuck & Rico)
AWFUL! DUD!

Flair says he wants the most destructive tag team in WWF history. So first he picks Bubba Ray Dudley. Just to piss Flair off, Vince chooses DVon Dudley! :lmao

In the locker room, Bubba and D-Von are PISSED, but hug each other goodbye.

William Regal vs. Rikishi
Rikishi is in the ring as Regal comes out, but out of nowhere BROCK LESNAR RUNS OUT and gives a sick in-side out clothesline, a spinebuster and finishes him with the F-5 YES!

raw1b.gif
raw1c.gif

Jazz is at WWF New York

Vince comes out quickly and says Brock is his next pick. Flair comes out and says it's not his turn, and Vince tries to say Ric can get 2 in a row, but Flair says he's not changing the rules, and Flair's #8 is Brock Lesnar! Vince says his #9 is a man with as much potential as Brock, Mark Henry! Flair's #9 is then the European Champion, William Regal! Vince picks the Hardcore Champion: Maven. Flair then picks Lita. :lmao

WWF Intercontinental Championship: Rob Van Dam vs. Kurt Angle
The normal Kurt/RVD funness with Kurt just throwing RVD around and him selling it. The finish happens when RVD jumps off the top rope to kick Angle, but he pulls the referee in the way. So RVD accidently kicks the referee! Angle puts the ankle lock on RVD. The ref recovers calls for the bell for the DQ. Post-Match: Edge runs down after Kurt. They fight and Edge hits the Spear. They keep fighting and referees have to come and pull them apart. **1/2

WWF Undisputed Championship: Triple H vs. Chris Jericho vs. Stephanie McMahon (If Stephanie Loses, She's Gone From WWF)
Match was bad, it was pretty much just Steph angle advancement. IDK it just didn't work I hated it. The finish happens when Triple H finishes Stephanie with a spinebuster. Post-Match: Steph security guard come down to get her and he tried her best to stay as the crowd sings “NANANANANA, NANANANA HEY HEY HEY! GOODBYE” *1/2 - *3/4

raw1d.gif
raw1e.gif

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Here is the full draft

Vince McMahon (Smackdown)

The Rock.
Kurt Angle.
Chris Benoit.
Hulk Hogan.
Billy & Chuck
Edge.
Rikishi.
Dvon Dudley.
Mark Henry.
Maven.
Billy Kidman.
Tajiri.
Chris Jericho.
Ivory.
Albert.
The Hurricane.
Al Snow
Lance Storm.
Dallas Page.
Torrie Wilson.
Scotty 2 Hotty.
Stacy Keibler.
Christian.
Test.
Farooq.
Tazz.
Hardcore Holly.
Val Venis.
Perry Saturn.

Ric Flair (Raw)

Undertaker.
New World Order
Kane.
Rob Van Dam.
Booker T.
Big Show.
Bubba Dudley.
Brock Lesnar.
William Regal.
Lita
Bradshaw.
Steven Richards.
Matt Hardy.
Raven.
Jeff Hardy.
Mr. Perfect.
Spike Dudley.
D-Lo Brown.
Shawn Stasiak.
Terri
Jacqueline
Goldust.
Trish Stratus
Justin Credible.
Big Bossman
Tommy Dreamer.
Crash Holly.
Mighty Molly

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The draft edition of raw was one of the most exciting of that year, Vince and Flair created a lot of fun that night. Such promise back then, those were the days...

Brock's debut on Television was perfectly handled by the company.

Regal's power of the punch gimmick was one of the best heat seeking gimmicks at the time.

Thank god the Steph/HHH/Jericho stuff is over!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 03/28/2002
Philadelphia, PA

Booker T vs. Diamond Dallas Page
3 minutes of average action, the match ends when DDP knocked Booker from the ring and turns around to see BROCK LESNAR! Standing in front of him! At Paul Heyman's command, Lesnar downed DDP with a number of power moves.

Kurt Angle comes out and gets on the mic. He says that considering he had risked his life wrestling in the Olympics with a broken neck, the least the crowd could do was show him a little appreciation. He said the fans were almost as pathetic as what happened on RAW, when Stephanie McMahon was forced out of the Federation by her soon-to-be ex-husband, Triple H. Angle said that Stephanie was like a blossoming flower who brought joy and happiness to millions of people every day, he wouldn't let her leaving go unrecognized, so he wanted to take a moment of silence so they could remember all the wonderful memories Stephanie had provided them. Kurt had them turn down the lights in the arena, and put a picture of Stephanie on the Tron. And demands a moment of silence. :lmao AWESOME! Vince comes out. He blames Triple H for all the bad things Stephanie ever did and says he was a bad influence. Vince said The Game had drugged and married Stephanie, only to publicly embarrass her and beat her up. He then calls Triple H a real son of a bitch. He admitted that Stephanie wasn't always a perfect daughter, but she was as close to perfect as daughters came. Vince says he was happy The Game is the WWF Champion, because now, he would be on both RAW and Smackdown! "And he planned on making The Game's life a living hell on Smackdown!" Triple H comes out onto the stage now. He says if Vince screws with him, he'll make HIS life hell, and shows the clips of him hitting Steph with the Pedigree. Kurt was irate at seeing the footage, and told Vince he wanted a match with Triple H tonight on Smackdown! Vince books Triple H vs. Kurt/Vince in a handicap match. Flair comes out and says this isn't Vince's show 100% just yet, and makes it Triple H & Flair vs. Kurt Angle & Vince.

The Dudleyz get hyped up and say if they don't win tonight, it's over for them as a team for now. Bubba said it was a hell of a run, but if the run had to end, best it should happen in Philadelphia "the city that the Dudley Boyz were born in"

WWF Tag Team Championship: Billy & Chuck (w/Rico) vs. Dudley Boyz
Billy & Chuck are seriously the worse tag team in terms of in-ring the gimmick is actually hilarious but DAMMIT! They suck. The finish happens when Rico interfered in the bout on several occasions, and when the Dudleys seemed to have the match won with the Dudley Device, Rico distracted the referee. D-Von chased Rico up the ramp, and Billy hit the Fame-asser on Bubba Ray for the pinfall and the victory, ending the Dudleys' run as a team! Post-Match: Billy choked Bubba, until D-Von ran back down, they give Chuck the 3D. Then, the brothers gave Billy the "Wassup!" headbutt! Bubba then told his brother to get the table! Billy gets put through the table with the 3D. The Dudleys stared each other down afterwards, giving each other a farewell hug. AHHHHHHHH!

sd1n.gif

In the APA office, they talk about how much it sucks to get pulled apart like this because Flair and Vince can't get along. They talk about how they're going to have a last call tonight for the APA, and drink a lot. As they talked, they saw Tajiri and Torrie Wilson, and called them over. Bradshaw said they were throwing a big party tonight, with beer for everyone! He sends Tajiri to get the other superstars, but told Torrie to stay so they could play strip poker! Torrie said she'd like to play, and an excited Bradshaw gave her some cards!

Matt & Lita are happy that they're both on Raw , and Jericho comes over and is unhappy that he's not on both shows as champion. Matt laughs and calls him a has-been, and they leave. Jericho attacks Matt from behind, knocking him into Lita, and Jericho runs off as Matt gets up.

[video=dailymotion;xzkfgx]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzkfgx_greatest-kane-promo-ever_sport#.UYQvk7WG3oI[/video]
KANE!​

The Rock, Hulk Hogan & Kane vs. The NWO
This actually didn't get that much time like 6 minutes, Within 2 minute, Hogan had hit the big boot and legdrop on Hall, but Nash came in to save his partner. Then all hell breaks loose with all six men going at it. X-Pac went for the Bronco Buster on Kane, but Kane caught X-Pac coming in, and chokeslammed him for the win. **

Chris Jericho vs. Matt Hardy (w/ Lita)
2 minutes of nothingness. Y2J went for the Walls of Jericho, and Lita got up on the apron. In trying to escape the hold, Matt kicked Jericho right into Lita, knocking her from the apron. Matt went for the Twist of Fate on Jericho, but Y2J hit a low blow, and then put Matt in the Walls of Jericho. Post-match: Jericho puts Lita in the Walls on the floor. *1/2 - *3/4

In the APA office, The group was playing cards together. The superstars were talking about their favourite memories from years past. Tajiri won the hand of poker, and Torrie lost, so she took off a necklace. Christian was mad at being one card away from a royal flush, and threw a temper tantrum! :lmao Faarooq just said, "Damn!," as Bradshaw stared at Torrie's necklace and said he thought she would have taken off her panties or something!

sd2z.gif

WWF Intercontinental Championship: Rob Van Dam vs. Test
Da fuck happen here. Test broke the rules a number of times, and got into it with referee Earl Hebner on several occasions. Basically making RVD the 3rd wheel, Test went for a powerbomb, but RVD climbed over Test into a sunset flip for the win. *1/2

WWF Hardcore Championship: Maven vs. Raven
WAIT SINCE WHEN WAS Raven hired back? Coach asked Raven about his Hardcore Title match with Maven, and about being picked for the RAW team. Raven says that which show he competed on was less important than what he wrestled for. He says the Hardcore Title was his first objective and Maven's success would also cause the rookie's downfall, and that Maven would feel the "Raven Effect."

Anyway as for the match it was filled with garbage cans and other foreign objects. Tommy Dreamer tries to run in, but Maven takes him out. Before long, Raven hit Maven with the Raven Effect, and pinned him to become the new Hardcore Champion. So Raven brings the Hardcore title to Raw. *

Mr. McMahon complained to Kurt Angle about having drafted a rookie, his pick of Maven was now a wasted pick, since they had lost the Hardcore Title. Angle says he had it on good word that Stone Cold would be on RAW on Monday to make his decision! Vince then says that if Austin was going to be on RAW, then so too was he. Angle says it was now time to focus on their match on Smackdown!, and Angle said was an honor to team with Vince, even though McMahon had picked him second in the draft!

Regal goes into the APA party and says he told them they would be split up. Bradshaw said they were out of business, and they were now also out of beer, so the party was over. Bradshaw beat the hell out of Regal, and all these other superstars start fighting each other for some reason? at the end he and Faarooq said it had been a good run. The duo exited their office for the last time, and turned the "Open" sign around to say, "Sorry we're closed." They shake hands and say it's been fun.

sd3.gif

Vince McMahon & Kurt Angle vs. Ric Flair & Triple H
Flair doesn't have his wrestling gear on just a 500 dollar pants and gator shoes on. I really like this, it wasn't too over the top. Angle's heat segment on Flair was fun and Triple H's hot tag which was filled with power moves was great. The finish happens when Flair had Vince set for the Figure Four, and the ref was distracted by Kurt and Triple H fighting on the floor. Suddenly Taker runs down and hits Flair with a Big Boot to the face, Vince covered him for the win. Vince smiled at Taker and hugged Angle as Smackdown! went off the air! **1/4 - **1/2

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Pretty good SD there but Flair and Vince were wrestling too many matches back then.

That Kane promo was gold!!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
The KANE promo gets me every time, it too hilarious!

Yeah Flair was still a shell of his former self and was pretty much punch, kick, chop & figure-four. And we all know Vince should never wrestle unless he's getting his ass kicked for the entire time

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw 04/01/2002
Albany, NY

WWF Hardcore Champion: Raven

Flair welcomes everybody to the NEW RAW. He says it's his goal to get Stone Cold to sign a contract to appear on Raw forever. Flair says he will present Triple H with a new undisputed title belt.

There's a new stage! New Logo, New Theme Music. SHIT IS REAL!

WWF Intercontinental Championship: Rob Van Dam vs. Booker T
Real good back and forth that lasted 6 minutes. These really meshed well and RVD sold all everything like a PRO. The match finishes when Booker 'buckles RVD and goes up with him. RVD punches him down and hits the Five Star 1-2-3! Post-Match as RVD celebrates, EDDIE "FUCKIN'" GUERRERO RUNS DOWN AND POWERBOMBS HIM OUT OF THE CORNER! AWESOME!He then starts pounding on RVD's head the hits his frog-splash. And JR says Eddie was signed to Raw. **1/2

raw1.gif

As RVD is helped to the back, Vince McMahon comes down and gets on the mic. Vince McMahon calls out Stone Cold to attempt to sign him. JR informs us that Ric Flair has told the crew to go to a commercial. :lmao Ric Flair comes out. He says Vince will be doing the talking, and Flair will do the walking, because Austin will sign with Smackdown! Flair says that, unless Vince bought a ticket, he's going to have a small window of opportunity to get his ass out the door. Vince calls out Austin again. Flair tells Vince to get a grip. He asks the fans for an informal survey. All those who want to see Stone Cold on Raw, give him a hell yeah. Fans cheer. Those who want him on Smackdown? Fans boo. Flair walks down the ring, and Vince gets on the apron, saying that no one is big enough or bad enough to take him out of the ring. Suddenly The Big Show comes to the ring and carries Vince out on his shoulders! Big Show drops Vince McMahon off at the exit. Vince tells Big Show that he's going to try to work a trade in the future for Show. Vince realizes he still has the RAW microphone and tries to return it.

William Regal vs. Spike Dudley
William Regal makes his way out for a non-title match. Regal gets padded down, then reveals that he has the knuckles under his armpits. He hides them in one of the turnbuckle pads. :lmao Nick Patrick takes the brass knuckles and puts them in his pocket without Regal noticing. Most of the match was Regal being unable to find them which took him off his game, this allowed Spike sneaks up behind Regal and hits the Dudley Dog! *1/2

The NWO talk about how they hope Flair signs Austin. They talk about how even though X-Pac has the match against Kane, when you fight one member of the NWO, you fight them all. They finds the closed up APA office, and they throw down the APA sign and come in. It’s exactly the same as they left it on SD, and they put the table and chairs back up.

In the back, Crash comes up to Bradshaw and informs him of the APA being in his old office. Elsewhere Terri suggests Trish has an attitude since appearing on the cover of the divas magazine. Trish says that there's always next year, but for now, she needs to get out of her face. Flair comes up and stops his two divas. He then books a 'paddle on a poll bikini' match.

Coach asks Debra what Austin will do. She says one way or another, Austin will make a decision tonight. In the back, the NWO has spray-painted the APA office, and Bradshaw comes running in after them. He breaks the door and fights all of them, but Nash hits a huge Big Boot, and Pac lays him out with a chair.

WWF Hardcore Championship: Bubba Ray Dudley vs. Raven
Standard match here, lots of weapons. Including my personal favorite moment with Bubba pulling out some oranges, he starts to juggle with them stops takes a bite out of one with the zest still on and hits Raven in the head. The finish happens when Raven looks for the Even flow, but Rey reverses and hits the Bubba Bomb for 3. **

raw1b.gif

In the back, Vince is in a limo. Just because a seven-foot monster threw him out, doesn't mean he's leaving. He sent someone in to get Austin to come out to the limo. Vince vows to sign Steve Austin before the night if over.

Ric Flair comes down to the ring with the new Undisputed Title, He's said it a thousand times, but this time it couldn't have more meaning: this is the most coveted trophy in all of professional sports. Tonight, it is his honor to present the reigning World Wrestling Federation Champion with this new Title Belt. Triple H came back from a near career-ending injury, slaved to get in shape, won the Royal Rumble, and became the Undisputed Champion at WrestleMania. He introduces Triple H. Instead, Undertaker comes to the ring to interrupt. He says Flair drafted him so he could embarrass the Undertaker, and says he's not got to sit back and watch Flair give the title to Triple H. At WrestleMania X-8, Undertaker beat Flair down and left him in a pool of blood. Well the year before, he did the exact same thing to Triple H. Takes even OWNS the crowd with the famous “Say WHAT? Again if you like to sleep with your sister†and Half the crowd goes WHAT? :lmao. Anyway Taker then goes on to say every time he fights Triple H, he whoops his ass. And now he's just supposed to sit back and watch Triple H get the Undisputed Title? Undertaker suggests that Flair is disrespecting him. He remembers saying if Flair drafted him, he'd make Flair's life a pain. Triple H's music hits. They stare each other down. You know, says Triple H, Taker did beat him last year. That was then, and this is now. Right now, he is the Undisputed Champion. Triple H says he has 15 pounds of gold that says he can’t do it again. Taker challenges him to a match at Backlash, and it’s made. H challenges him to fight right now, but Taker says Backlash will do just fine. Taker gets the belt from Flair, looks it over, and places it on Triple H's shoulder. He tells The Game to hang on to the belt while he still can.

The Hardy Boyz vs. Bossman Perfect ( Big Bossman & Mr. Perfect)
I just couldn't get into this match, it just didn't click. The match ends when . Bossman 'buckles Jeff, but Matt comes in and beats on his back. Twist of Fate on Bossman, followed with the Swanton. Matt clotheslines an entering Perfect as Jeff pins Bossman. Post-match: Brock Lesnar runs in and clotheslines both Hardys, Side slam on Matt, then the TKO. Jeff attempts a hurricanrana, but Lesnar catches him and triple powerbombs hims! Heyman comes in and raises his prospects arms in victory. *

Paddle on a Pole Bikini Match: Trish Stratus vs. Terri
DUD! Post-Match: Molly Holly comes out and kills Trish with the paddle

raw2.gif

In the back, Austin says he wants Flair to let Vince McMahon into the building. Austin says that he wants him, Flair & McMahon to go to the ring together. For when he makes his decision.

Kane vs. X-Pac (w/ NWO)
The did some stuff for 4 minutes, the match ends when Kane goes up top and hits Pac with the flying clothesline. He looks for the chokeslam, but Hall and Nash come in and start beating him down for the DQ. Post-Match: Bradshaw runs to the ring and starts beating down Hall and Nash. Kane knocks X-Pac over the top .

Ric Flair and Vince McMahon both come down to the ring with clipboards that have contracts on them. Austin's music hits and Stone Cold comes to the ring! Both men offer him their microphone, but Austin takes one of his own. Austin says he doesn't give a rat's ass about his intellectual sperm. Austin talks about having lots of success with Vince as his boss. Austin asks Vince if he wants him to leave Raw, join Smackdown, leave The Nature Boy, and leave Ric Flair. Austin lets Vince know that there are about 12,000 people calling him an asshole right now. He asks if Vince wants Austin to just forget all the years that Vince made his life a living hell. All the arrests? All the beat downs? All the matches cost? But when he thinks about it, he respects how great a wrestler Ric Flair was, and he respects what Vince did for this business to get Austin where he is today. He extends his hand to Vince, saying that he has a deal. They shake, and Vince announces that Austin is property of WWF Smackdown. Austin shakes Flair's hand and says that business is business. Vince gives Austin the contract and pen Flair tells Vince that he will always "hate his guts!" Austin says he has one last thing that he wanted to say about this contract: April Fools! He drops the contract and gives Vince the Stunner! Flair announces that Stone Cold is on Raw and goes and grabs the beer cooler. Flair celebrates and gets the beer. He chugs one and knee drops the beer can in celebration. Austin then hits Flair with a Stunner, and signs Flair’s contract.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 04/04/2002
Rochester, NY

Vince says the winner of the coin not only got the first draft pick but also got to name the #1 contender for the undisputed title. So Flair naming Taker as #1 Contender on Raw doesn't count.

Kurt Angle comes out and says he should be #1 Contender, he begins to list reasons why he should get a shot at Triple H. Chris Jericho's music hits and out comes down. Jericho says that if anyone deserves a title shot, it's him. Jericho and Angle agree to wrestle tonight for the title shot, but The Rock comes out. He says that he should be #1 Contender, and nobody is more deserving, but he stops and says Hogan should be #1 Contender. SWERVE! Jericho & Angle both protest the idea, but Rock reminds Jericho/Angle that this is a NEW Smackdown! The crowd chants "Hogan! Hogan! Hogan!"

WWF Tag Team Championship - Billy & Chuck (w/ Rico) vs. Scotty 2 Hotty & Albert
Terrible fucking match, just slow and full of sloppy moments. The finish happens when Albert chases Rico around the ring but is clotheslines by Chuck, this allows Rico runs in and spin kicks Scotty and Billy pins Scotty for the win! Post-Match: Scotty & Albert set Rico up for the W.O.R.M. but Albert turns on Scotty by kicking him in the face! Albert tells Scotty that for six months he's held him back. *1/4

sd1q.gif

Mark Lloyd greets Vince McMahon. Vince drops the line "Who are you" :lmao Mark introduces himself. Vince asks him if he's ever worked for Ric Flair, he says No. So Vince welcomes Mark to Smackdown! Mark asks Vince if he's made up his mind yet. Vince announces that Hulk Hogan will get the title shot at Backlash.

Jericho is PISSED OFF so he finds The Rock and says it's his entire fault. Jericho talks about how he beat Rock so many times in the past. Rock tells Jericho to try to beat him.. tonight!

Christian vs. Diamond Dallas Page
Really, really, really fun back-and-forth match. I just wish it went on longer. The match ends when Christian "FAKES" a temper tantrum which allows him to deliver a thumb to the eye and the Unprettier to win. Christian leaves ringside yelling "I'm a winner!" **1/4

Angle is backstage whining about Vince McMahon not picking him. So Edge shows Kurt some old photos of them he found and said they made him feel bad about how they don't get along anymore. Kurt looks at them and as Angle holds them up the crowd sees writing on the back. It say stuff like "YOU SUCK", "YES, I DO SUCK", "AND IM A DORK", "IT'S TRUE", "PS: I HAVE NO TESTICLES. :lmao Kurt then turns the pictures over and sees the writes, he throws them on the floor and storms off.

absErTwE.gif

Triple H comes out and says he was as surprised as anyone to find out he was facing Hogan, but he tells Taker that this title isn't going anywhere, and Taker can have the next match. Hulk Hogan comes out in RED & YELLOW, and says he was also shocked. He says he didn't think it could get bigger than the first WrestleMania, or Mania 3 where he slammed Andre in front of 94,000 people. :hm: Hulk says that it doesn't get any better than the undisputed title. He says that if the fans believe in him, then he's gonne TAKE IT! Triple H agrees that it doesn't get any better than the Undisputed Championship, and says it would be an honor to be in the ring with Hogan. Triple H then says he's a little sad that he's gonna have to hurt someone he looked up to as a kid. He says at Backlash, Hogan is just an obstacle like anyone else, and he will run him down. Hulk says that even though some people say Hulkamania is dead, it always rises up again. Hulk asks Triple H "whatcha gonna do, when HULKAMANIA runs wild on you?!" they have stare down before Hunter leaves the ring.

Kurt Angle vs. Edge
I'm guessing this was just an Angle advancement match, but it was still fun. Edge locks Angle into the ropes and spears him twice. Angle gets free and goes outside the ring and gets a steel chair. back in the ring, The two men battle it out for a minute. Edge tries to spear Angle but Angle holds the chair in the way for the DQ. Post-Match: Angle tries to follow up with chairshots but the ref stops him, but Edge got the chair and ran him off.

Backstage, Kidman approaches Torrie. And says that he knows he and Torrie have a past. Kidman says he know she will be out there during his title match with Tajiri. Kidman says he just wants her to know he's going out there to take the title. Kidman & Torrie hug. A jealous Tajiri sees this and tells Torrie to give him a kiss. She does and he smiled at Kidman. HAHAHA!

sd2a.gif

WWF Cruiserweight Championship: Tajiri (w/ Torrie Wilson) vs. Billy Kidman
Really fun spotfeast that should of got more time. Tajiri put the title on the apron to use, but when Kidman took over, she took it off the apron thinking he would use it. Tajiri then wanted it, but was distracted when he couldn't find it and Kidman got a roll-up to win. Tajiri then pulls this AWESOME! Shocked face. Post-match: Tajiri yelled at Torrie in Japanese. YES! **1/2

sd3.gif

Vince talked to Hardcore Holly and told him to teach Maven a lesson tonight for losing the Hardcore Title to Raw last week. He leaves and Stacy Keibler walks in. Stacy offers to be Vince's executive assistant and he tells her to sit down.

Vince is waiting for Stacy to come back and D-Von comes in and asks who the hell he is to split up the Dudley Boyz. Vince says he wanted the Dudleyz, but Flair ruined that, so he took who he thought was the best Dudley. Vince says he thought D-Von would be ready to step up, but he tells D-Von to get the hell out of his office until he knows who he is on his own. OH SHIT! YOU WHAT'S COMING :mark:

Al Snow gives Maven a pep talk saying that he's probably going to get an ass-whoopin' from Hardcore Holly. Al says to remember that God is always with him. WHAT?

Hardcore Holly vs. Maven
This was one of those beat up rookie to try and give him sympathy cheers, but Hardcore just sucks and so does Maven so it was a fail.

The Rock vs. Chris Jericho
Very good TV match but I’m not surprised seeing that the amount of chemistry they have together. The match ends when Jericho sets up Rock for the people's elbow, but Rock kips-up to his feet and set up Jericho for the real people's elbow! Kurt Angle runs in and attacks The Rock! Jericho tries to pin Rock but only gets a 2-count. Edge runs down and attacks Kurt Angle they fight through the crowd. Rock eventually wins after a Rock Bottom! **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw 04/08/2002
Phoenix, Arizona

WWF Hardcore Champion: Bubba Ray Dudley

The Undertaker comes out and he gets on the mic. He asks someone to explain to him what the hell is going around here. He's confused and pissed off because after his match with Triple H was confirmed and sanctioned by Ric Flair, he is now out of the picture and Hulk Hogan instead gets the title shot. Ric Flair comes out and says that last week on RAW he was a bit too ambitious on his first day on the job. But he was wrong and Vince did have the right to make the first match at Backlash. However, he wants to make one thing clear - he runs RAW, not Undertaker. Taker threatens him with another Wrestlemania moment if he doesn't give him the shot, and says nobody's badder than him. Flair gets to make the first match AFTER Backlash and he tells Taker to calm down. Taker says that Flair is a liar, he's a no good son of a bitch. Taker says that Flair is just tore up over how he beat him up at Wrestlemania. According to Taker, Flair has one option - Ric has to make him the #1 contender for the match after Backlash. Nobody deserves it as much as him. Suddenly Steve Austin's music hits and Stone Cold comes to the ring. He asks why Taker deserves it and runs him down. Flair talks about how Taker has made his life hell since Wrestlemania and how Austin stunned him last week on RAW. He says from now on, anyone who puts their hands on him has hell to pay. He books Taker vs. RVD and Austin vs. Hall to see who the real #1 Contender. Taker says that if Flair doesn't make him the #1 contender, there will be hell to pay from him and there won't be a damn thing that Austin can do about it. Austin immediately attacks Taker and throws him to the outside. He fakes the Stunner on Flair but stopped short.

WWF Hardcore Championship: Bubba Ray Dudley vs. Booker T
Before the match, Booker T performs the spinerooni for the crowd. Bubba asks the guy to put some music on for this white boy after which Bubba busts some dance moves. This had it moment but it really was just another Hardcore match. The match ends when Bubba eventually gets a table and sets it up inside the ring, Goldust suddenly runs down with his own referee. Bubba powerbombs Goldust through the table and covers up for the win. *3/4

raw1.gif

Coach interviews Trish and asks her how her head is feeling. Trish says she doesn't know what Molly's problem is, but tonight it's one on one. Regal comes over and says all Trish is good for is running around in her knickers, and Molly put her in her place. Trish says that Spike put him in his place last week, and walks off. Regal says Spike winning last week was an accident, like when Spike was conceived, and Spike Dudley is a living breathing abortion and he's going to finish the job tonight.

Terri finds Kane looking at the Divas magazine. He says just because his face is burned, doesn't mean the rest of him is. AWESOME! All his life, he has been called a monster but when he was teaming with Rock and Hogan last week and 17,000 Kane-o-nites rose to their feet he realized that freaks are cool. He says that tonight he has a Falls Count Anywhere Match with X-Pac. He says like the lion roars and the chicken clucks, it's a simple fact of life, that X-PAC SUCKS! :lmao

X-Pac prepares for his match with Kane, Nash & Hall start to head to the ring. But X-Pac says that he wants to do this on his own.

Falls Count Anywhere Match: Kane vs. X-Pac
The fight goes to the backstage area, where Scott Hall & Kevin Nash attack Kane from behind with a pipe and a 2x4. . X-Pac capitalizes and pins Kane but the NWO continues their assault breaking the 2x4 over his back. X-Pac takes off Kane's mask and nails him in the face with the chair. Bradshaw comes to Kane's rescue but the NWO run off. *1/4

In the back, the NWO celebrates and Flair comes over and suspends Nash indefinitely without pay! :lmao

WWF European Championship: William Regal vs. Spike Dudley
Regal comes to the ring and drops his Brass knucks in the ring. The ref takes them away, so he hides a second pair of Knucks in the turnbuckle. YES! Spike comes running in and takes the same knucks and hits Regal with it knocking him out cold for the win. FUCK THIS SHOW!

Backstage Coach catches up with Spike and congratulates him for winning the title. Tommy Dreamer shows up and congratulations him as well, dumping some juice over his head. Jackie hugs Spike and Big Show congratulates him as well. Bubba Ray Dudley shows up with some tension before he hugs Spike to make up with him.

The Undertaker vs. Rob Van Dam
Really fun match here, IDK what it is but these two really click well they've had 3 or 4 really good matches. The finish of the match happens when Taker heads to the outside and grabs a chair but before he can use it, RVD hits the Van Daminator. He heads to the top but Eddie Guerrero comes running down and RVD instead of hitting the five star splashes, he leaps on Guerrero and laid him out on the floor. RVD heads to the inside only to be greeted by a Taker chokeslam. Cover but RVD again kicks out. Taker signals for the Last Ride but RVD reverses it and takes down Taker by kicking his leg. RVD heads to the top and hits a martial arts kick from the top followed by the Five Star Splash from the top. RVD rolls to the side of the ring which allows Eddie Guerrero to nails him in the head with IC Title Belt Taker covers RVD but RVD kicks out! Taker finally got the Last Ride to win. *** - ***1/4

Trish Stratus vs. Molly Holly
Jazz is on commentary for the match and she has this AWESOME! Black eye. In the back, a new HAWT looking Molly says she's done with these degrading women's matches and says she's the most beautiful woman here, and is also pure and virtuous unlike the rest. As for the match is was respectable Molly was good and Trish was still learning. Late in the match Trish does a modified (handspring) hurricanrana :mark: before heading out and confronting Jazz. As the two argue, Molly comes from behind but Trish sees her and goes for the Stratusfaction. However, in mid-move, Jazz nails her with the belt, knocking her out. Molly then throws her back into the ring and she ends it with a beautiful new roll-up. *1/2 - *3/4

raw3w.gif

Backstage, Brock Lesnar is with Paul Heyman. Heyman tells Lesnar to calm down because they are moments away from walking down to the ring in front of the worst audience in the world. He tells Lesnar not to attack any fan, while also revealing that he is Lesnar's agent.

Brock Lesnar & Paul Heyman come down to the ring with this AWFUL generic theme song. JR re-iterates that Heyman is Lesnar's "agent". Heyman says he will talk about some historical facts that caused Lesnar to hire him as his agent. He talks about how he once managed Steve Austin and groomed him to be a former champion. He says it's also a fact that helped Undertaker become the Dead Man. He says that his ECW helped Vince build his ECW Empire into a billion dollar company. The next big thing is Brock Lesnar. Paul plays a video of Brock murdering people from his debut until now, and the Hardy Boyz run down. Brock throws them out easily, so they come back in with chairs. Both Hardys hit Lesnar Square in the head with two BRUTAL chair shots but Lesnar does not fall and instead jumps to the outside as Heyman restrains him, preventing him from coming back in. Lesnar walks away smiling.

raw2q.gif

Mr. Perfect vs. Big Show
SQUASH! FUCK THIS SHOW! Oh at least Perfect hit the perfectplex.

raw4.gif

Austin walks into Flair's office looking for him. He's not there, so Austin sits in Flair's chair and waits. Flair comes in and Austin says he's confused and wants an explanation. Flair says if Austin wins his match, it's Austin vs. Taker at Backlash for the #1 Contender spot. Austin thanks Ric for explaining it to him because he was confused.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Scott Hall (w/X-Pac)
This really is bad it's so reminded me of late 2000 WCW. The match ends when X-Pac attacks Austin on the floor, with the ref's back turned. Eventually the referee gets knocked out. X-Pac runs into the ring but Austin hits a spinbuster. Taker runs down and attacks Steve Austin Bradshaw runs down and takes Undertaker out of the ring, they brawl through the crowd. Scott Hall covers Austin but only gets a two count! The referee gets knocked down again! This allows X-Pac to run-in and beat on Austin. Ric Flair runs to the ring and pulls X-Pac off by the hair as Hall sets up for the Razor's Edge! Austin ends up stunning both. Ric Flair tries to raise Stone Cold's hand but Austin doesn't appreciate it and Stuns him. *