WWE releases 5 more wrestlers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Reaction score
Not to mention 'Zeke did squash Ryder on his first Raw back. o_O

I said what I said for example purposes... Replace the 2 names if ya like, the point remains the same.

^^^Because the average fan is just as unaware of Tatsu and Ryder as they are the local jobber talent.

You're telling me that Shad (however low your opinion of him may be) has the same profile with the regular WWE viewer as a no-name jobber that we'll prob never see on TV again?

I find that hard to believe...

Reaction score
^^^^How often was Shad a visible figure on TV after the being moved from Raw? Then how often was Shad a presence after the Cryme Tyme break up? It's not just my low opinion of him, it goes for anyone who is seldom used on tv, Tatsu, Goldust for awhile, Knox, Ryder. What I'm trying to say is the average fan that watches WWE sporadically or for just their favorite guys, don't see it when guys like Shad or Tatsu get their once a month 5 minute tv spot. Do you ever talk to guys that only watch once in awhile but are aware of what the top guys are doing, but ask questions like "what ever happened to those black guys?" or "did so and so die or get fired?" There's so many people like that. But then again, I never mentioned Shad, I mentioned Tatsu and Ryder and the casual fan has no fucking clue who Tatsu is and Ryder is so far from superstar level that maybe the unknown guy, being unknown. has a better shot than a guy who never fucking wins in the casual fans eyes.

prodigyx911

Reaction score
Yeah not really surprising overall.
Gallows really couldn't do anything productive. To be honest I don't even know why they chose him (Festus?) to be in the 'Straight Edge Society'. They could have gotten other guys with greater talent to just shave their head.
I dont even want to comment on Croft. The DUDEBUSTERS? Really?
And with Jillian, I bet SHE was tired of being a joke. She could have been good if WWE put time into their Divas.
And Tiffany? Im surprised she wasnt cut sooner. C'mon, you cant be arrested for assault against Drew McIntyre and expect your job to be secure.
And I think more Superstars are going to be released in the near future. Looks like WWE's cleaning out their closet. Eh, thats good for TNA's roster.

...god...

Reaction score
The Dudebusters if the other guy got released could fit very nicely in TNA. The others, not so much. Could see Jillian going there, but yeah.

Reaction score
Yeah not really surprising overall.
Gallows really couldn't do anything productive. To be honest I don't even know why they chose him (Festus?) to be in the 'Straight Edge Society'. They could have gotten other guys with greater talent to just shave their head.
I dont even want to comment on Croft. The DUDEBUSTERS? Really?
And with Jillian, I bet SHE was tired of being a joke. She could have been good if WWE put time into their Divas.
And Tiffany? Im surprised she wasnt cut sooner. C'mon, you cant be arrested for assault against Drew McIntyre and expect your job to be secure.
And I think more Superstars are going to be released in the near future. Looks like WWE's cleaning out their closet. Eh, thats good for TNA's roster.

How is that good for TNA's roster? They don't even know how to work with what they already have and their roster is bloated enough as it is, the last thing they need to be doing is bringing in more WWE rejects. TNA doesn't have 1/2 the amount of tv time they need for the roster they already have and that's one of their biggest problems; too many faces, not enough time.

Reaction score
All expected. Surprised Curt Hawkins and Trent Barreta survived the axe

Barreta is very young and chock full of potential. Croft was eight or so years older than him. Barreta was always the one who was more likely to succeed. He can now team with Hawkins anyway in a new Dudebusters combination.

Chris Masters is thanking his lucky stars right now. He's even getting a Survivor Series paycheck

Masters is wrestling tremendously right now. Doing a very good job as an enhancement talent.

I said what I said for example purposes... Replace the 2 names if ya like, the point remains the same.

You're telling me that Shad (however low your opinion of him may be) has the same profile with the regular WWE viewer as a no-name jobber that we'll prob never see on TV again?

I find that hard to believe...

Did you see Shad's tights after his heel turn? He really did look like a local talent. If they used him as an enhancement talent after his comeback and didn't show his entrance on TV, I actually think I'd struggle to notice him as someone actually employed.

How is that good for TNA's roster? They don't even know how to work with what they already have and their roster is bloated enough as it is, the last thing they need to be doing is bringing in more WWE rejects. TNA doesn't have 1/2 the amount of tv time they need for the roster they already have and that's one of their biggest problems; too many faces, not enough time.

What's sad is that five years ago we said the one hour timeslot Impact had needed to be expanded so they could get more faces on TV. Now with two hours they still can't do it right.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^^How often was Shad a visible figure on TV after the being moved from Raw?

What's move to SD got to do with it? If anything his being on the Raw roster would only mean that he'd be seen by MORE viewers, no?

Then how often was Shad a presence after the Cryme Tyme break up? It's not just my low opinion of him, it goes for anyone who is seldom used on tv, Tatsu, Goldust for awhile, Knox, Ryder. What I'm trying to say is the average fan that watches WWE sporadically or for just their favorite guys, don't see it when guys like Shad or Tatsu get their once a month 5 minute tv spot. Do you ever talk to guys that only watch once in awhile but are aware of what the top guys are doing, but ask questions like "what ever happened to those black guys?" or "did so and so die or get fired?" There's so many people like that.

I do get what you're saying but I'd surmise that the casual fans you refer to represents the fluctuation in ratings, rather than the bulk of the average 3million (or whatever it currently is) they get every week.

Considering the target demographic atm, if the kids are anything like I was at at that age, I bet they know everbody up and down the card.

But then again, I never mentioned Shad, I mentioned Tatsu and Ryder and the casual fan has no fucking clue who Tatsu is and Ryder is so far from superstar level that maybe the unknown guy, being unknown. has a better shot than a guy who never fucking wins in the casual fans eyes.

Fair point at the end there though.... I guess in the kayfaybe of it all it can work both wasy depending on how badly jobbed a guy has been... Which draws me back to my original thought... Why not squeeze the last of the 'value' out of these guys before letting them go (obviously this differs from guy to guy).

Reaction score
Can we release Mark Henry or Khali anytime this century? How about Drew McIntyre? Damn he's boring.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Randy Orton needs to be released. He has no discernable wrestling or promo talent to speak of, can't draw flies to a dump, the creative team has a pension to overpush him, and is a giant asshole behind the scenes. Waste of a roster spot to be honest.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I mean he's one of the most over faces on Raw...

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Most over? How many times does he have to have an awful title reign with crappy Orton matches and promos before the IWC learns he sucks? His reaction is large for 3 seconds when his music hits and then...nothing. His finisher is over though, that's about it.

Plus he apparently likes watching TNA, that proves he doesn't know the first thing about good wrestling.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Randy Orton needs to be released. He has no discernable wrestling or promo talent to speak of, can't draw flies to a dump, the creative team has a pension to overpush him, and is a giant asshole behind the scenes. Waste of a roster spot to be honest.

Orton's a legacy with his Grandfather and Father being revered by Vince and the WWE. I think it would take a major issue with Orton to get released. Not to mention, there is no way WWE is going to release one of it's signature talents (no matter how bad you or anyone else thinks he may be) only to give TNA the chance to bring him on board and be able to sell the hell out of merchandise. You may not like Orton's style or promo ability, but the man moves merchandise and that's what drives WWE.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
But that's the thing, Orton doesn't move merch. The ratings drop every time he's champion (only to be minorly redeemed by an intriguing angle, such as Cena joining Nexus) the PPV buy-rates don't improve (Not his fault, but if he was as great as everyone says he is, you'd they'd get a small noticeable bump.), he's never made WWE a cent of money he hasn't cost them back with all the time they invest in him that they could have used on someone the fans actually care about, not just pop to see if he'll get booked to do something cool/evil. And TNA couldn't do anything with him, like I just said, Orton couldn't draw flies to a dump, and TNA would probably make him champion, which has been proven 5 times over in the 'E, will fail. pumpt makes a good point on his family though. Otherwise, no. Even if people on here think he's a good wrestler (which I strongly disagree with, but that's not the point) he's in no way, shape or form a moneymaker for a wrestling company, and he probably never will be.