WWE releases 5 more wrestlers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
If Orton cant move merch, then they should get rid of Kofi B Ware as well.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Jericho's not a good draw on his own, and quite frankly at the end of his run his ring work and promos were WAY overhyped, he's about the same level of Matt Hardy, and Jericho got sucked off for it. But he's already gone so meh. Plus, at least Jericho can get other people over via the cheap heat he gets, Orton can pretty much only make his opponent look worse. So Jericho has at least some value at this stage of his career, Orton? Not so much. Orton shouldn't get fired because he's a bad draw, he should get fired because creative have built him up as such a main eventer and he bombs as a draw...5 times. Orton can't reinvent himself now and build himself up because he has no skills to become a good money draw.

I hate Kofi too, but he hasn't been given a true star type push, so saying he can't sell merchandise doesn't mean much yet. My point with Orton was he's a proven fail in addition to being an awful wrestler and promo.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Just to summarize because there are wrestlers who aren't the "total package" that should be kept on the roster.

Orton shouldn't be employed by WWE because: 1. He will never make money as a main eventer, and will get pushed that way by the writers/bookers. 2. Likes TNA. - The rest are technically my opinion, but I feel pretty justified in thinking them - Bad wrestler and bad mic skills. All he has is cool finishing moves and stupid facial expressions, and another overrated gimmick.

Reaction score
So your reasons for releasing Orton ultimately come down to your personal opinion that you dislike him, while any other points that bring a fair comparison will be ignored due to your personal bias? Cool.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
What fair comparisons? Jericho can't draw either if that's what you're on about, but he can put on matches and work the crowd to at least create interest around his storylines and title reigns. Orton on the other hand has had 3 stinkers with one of the MVPs of 2010 in Sheamus, has had crowd killing promos, sold nothing, ratings and buyrates tanked (Just like they ALWAYS do when he's at the top.), and has overall been a piece of shit, as usual. Jericho's been similar, but again, he's a better wrestler and promo, which at least stops the bleeding, not to mention his heel character isn't designed to be a winner, which makes him an uncredible champ that nobody wants to see. Things might have been different had he been booked better.

Please tell me where i'm ignoring whatever points you have. :/