WWE Rehiring

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Some familiar faces could be returning to WWE in the coming months as there has been a push from several top talents for the organization to bring back some "solid hand" wrestlers that were previously released.

With the lack of depth on the main roster, WWE officials are giving serious consideration to the suggestion. Individuals they have in mind would be of the mid-card variety to assist younger talent, as well as provide solid performances for the company.

There is a short list of potential names WWE is interested in, but no one has been contacted yet.

So who would you bring back?

Personally the first name that popped up was Carlito. Shane Helms. Jericho of course if a deal can be reached(though he'd be up upper mid). Haas and Benjamin if either are willing.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
If it were up to me, I'd bring back:

Carlito
Chris Masters
Shelton Benjamin
JoMo
And MVP

With the exception of MVP, all of those are possible and would add some depth to WWE's mdicard scene.

Reaction score
Carlito for sure. Their have been numerous reports that he and WWE are on good terms, so I would say he's on the list to be brought back. I would personally bring back Dustin Rhodes aka Goldust. The guy is a good talent that can help the younger guys out. He had a phenomenal match with Y2J a few years back and still can produce in the ring.

AF.

Reaction score
Good idea. Established names are easier to work with and are more familiar/over with the current fans.

Some good names to bring back;

Jeff Hardy - He is trouble, but he behaved towards the end of his last tenure with WWE. Not saying he needs to be pushed to the moon, but he is extremely over with the crowd and would add some good depth to the roster and would work well in matches like the Elimination Chamber, TLC PPV and the Rumble as an extra big name to have.
Shelton Benjamin - Although he isn't World Title material he is an extremely solid mid-card talent who has loads of experience.
Chris Masters - He got better and better, and was released. Very questionable. He has a lot to offer.
Morrison - Much like Masters, he still has a lot to offer in the WWE and works well in multi-man matches. Was quite over at one point too.

MVP, Haas are pointless returns. MVP is old and Haas is useless.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
agreed with most of the above... JoMo, Carlito, Masters seem the most obvious but even a name like Batista (though he was surely above midcard) is someone that brings instant credibility to anyone he feuds with

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Personally not sure if Morrison would be worth it. He's slightly less than a hardy and doesn't have the drawing power they do. He has baggage and your trying to rehire these guys to help the mid card out not to show them how to be a junkie or a bad employee that only follows the advice of his girlfriend.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Didn't Carlito hate being in the mid card? If he hates where he's going to stay then I don't see him being happy for long. Haas has impressed me in ROH and he's solid in the ring but doesn't have much of a name. Benjamin, Masters, JoMo, Goldust and maybe someone like Eugene are all I can see.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that people might have too high expectations of returns. The way I see it is it will be guys like a Rob Conway or Stevie Richards guys at that level rather than a Jericho or Batista. It will be name guys that are there purely to put over the midcarders currently there to add a bit of depth. They are basically looking for guys to fill the old Val Venis role where he would work with the new guys on the road to iron out any kinks and make sure they are ready for the big time.

In saying that I would like to see the return of Chris Masters and MVP because both would be quality additions to the midcard for both brands.

BigRedMonster83

Reaction score
The first ones that popped into my mind were John Morrison, Chris Masters, and MVP. Only because Morrison and MVP were open to return to the company, at least I think they were.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Troy's got it right IMO.

'solid hand' screams of guys like Bob Holly, Matt Hardy, etc.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Perry Saturn has been doing lots of work with NXT, not sure what kind of shape he's in but if he can go then I'd say he fits the description of what they are talking about rather perfectly.... And I would mark the fuck out for a Perry Saturn return

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Have to agree with alot here.

Chris Masters
MVP
Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas as World's Greatest Tag Team (I'd leave them as a tag team)

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I know that I'd like to see Shelton and Haas back. Very solid tag team and very solid as individual stars. Carlito would also be a nice addition. Beyond that I dunno.

JoMo... nah. Jericho for one is in his upper 40s... I think they would prefer someone younger and since he is focusing on his music they'd prefer someone that can be in the ring more. Batista? just no... no... no.

Masters? I don't really care. If he comes back he does... if not no miss.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
MVP, Haas are pointless returns. MVP is old and Haas is useless.
MVP is only 2 years older than Shelton and is actually charismatic unlike Shelton who is a complete drone. Why they would want Shelton when they've got a better version of him in Kofi I don't know.

I immediately came up with the same names as everyone else, JoMo, Masters, Carlito, MVP and possibly Matt Hardy.