WWE Raw, Smackdown, PPV's 2004 Review Thread (Maybe HeAT & Velocity Matches)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE World Heavyweight Champion: Chris Benoit
WWE Intercontinental Champion: Randy Orton
WWE World Tag Team Champions: La Resistance
WWE Women's Champion: Victoria

WWE Monday Night RAW
June 7th, 2004
Albany, New York

Tonight: Batista vs. Shelton, and Orton vs. Michaels

Stacy comes down to the ring, she says she here to remind all the ladies to enter the RAW diva search. Entries close tomorrow at Midnight. She says as a diva you need your own entrance and shows off her ENTERING THE RING SKILLZ! Gail Kim sadly interrupts and says Stacy can show everyone how to be a diva, while she's gonna show them how to be a champion.

Gail Kim vs. Lita
This was quite enjoyable, at times, but also really disjointed. Gail starts off working the neck and throat, then she randomly stops to work the knee. The knee work was really good, she does a great job of using the ringpost and apron as a legal weapon to further injure the knee, Lita's selling was great for the most part. She has some forgetful moments during her comeback, but she does grab the knee so i'll forgive. Lita hits a snap DDT for the win. **1/2

Backstage: Eric, Nitro, and Coach are all talking, Eric makes Eugene vs. Coachman on PPV. Coach brags about being undefeated on PPV. Nitro laughs at this and says what if Eugene beats Coach like he did last week, and makes him look dumb. Eric then books Nitro vs. Eugene, and if Nitro loses...HE'S FIRED!

Batista (w/Ric Flair) vs. Shelton Benjamin
Really good powerhouse vs. speed matchup. Batista power moves are fun and clean, Shelton's bumping and trying to counter with speed is good. Shelton tries to out quick him to start but ends up getting caught in a big move, he then tries to wear him down with holds but they get countered. So Shelton begins breaking Batista down with leg kicks and strikes which work. Flair tries to get involved but gets knocked down, Orton then runs down as Shelton counters out of the Batista Bomb, he hits the flying clothesline but Orton distracts the ref so he can't count. Shelton knocks Orton off the apron, but Batista nails him with a sweet LARIAT and the Batista Bomb for the win. Batista is the first Evolution member to beat Shelton. **3/4

After the match; Shelton tries to fight back but it's 3-1, Batista and Flair hold Shelton up as Orton's nails him with the IC title.

Backstage: Edge tells Benoit that he tried to have a work with Eric but he's "unavailable" Benoit says Eric's someone who actually should get Speared. Edge said he already apologized, but Benoit says he didn't mean anything by it. Edge says Bischoff's a guy who Benoit could actually TAP OUT! to the crossface. Benoit asks what he means, and Edge says that it got broken up last week, and if he had made Conway tap, they might still be champions. Coach walks in and tells them that tonight it's Benoit vs. La Resistance in a handicap match as punishment for getting involved with Eugene.

Backstage: Eric is with Trish and Tomko, Eric books Tomko vs. Jericho at the PPV, and Jericho will be in action tonight. Trish says she has a problem, Gail just lost to Lita, and well she beat Lita. Kane comes in and says he needs to talk to Eric alone. Trish and Tomko leave and Kane shuts the door.

Chris Jericho vs. A-Train
HOLY SHIT! A-Train is still alive, he was traded on that draft fuckery show. Or the night after, IDK. Anyway, Train works the ribs and it's dope. Jericho's selling is good enough, he makes a comeback and locks in the Walls for the win.

SMACKDOWN REBOUND!

Triple H comes down to the ring, he says in a few minutes he's gonna go to that skybox and have himself a grand ol' time, to watch the beginning of the end for Shawn Michaels. Hunters says he's not a religious man and knows Shawn is. You see Shawn believes and prays, but he better change all of that. Shawn enters his world. I HAVE NEVER LOST A HELL IN A CELL MATCH! Wanna know why, unlike Shawn, I have remorse, no conscious and will stop at nothing, to end Shawn's career. He says he knows Shawn's faith is strong, but like the lyric says, even Jesus Christ had a moment of doubt and pain. He says he really doesn't give a damn if he goes to heaven...CAUSE SHAWN THIS SUNDAY WE ARE GOING TO HELL! AWESOME FUCKING PROMO!

Highlights of the Hunter/Shawn feud, god bless the production/video editing team, they make it seem like all the matches have been classics. Triple H is now in the skybox with some ugly broad feeding him food.

La Resistance vs. Chris Benoit
So, Benoit challenges them both at the same time. So they jump him and get the advantage right off the bat. The Resistance then spend the next 5 minutes beating Benoit down, before Edge makes the save and DQ ending. Like Benoit didn't get one offensive move in the whole match, not 1 chop or punch. So the world champ doesn't even get a comeback, this was basically a squash match on not only the greatest pro wrestler of all time but your current world champ. UGH! I really think Eugene is the top babyface on RAW now.

Eric comes out and makes La Resistance vs. Benoit/Edge at the PPV, then makes Benoit/Edge vs. La Resistance & KANE. NOW!

Chris Benoit & Edge vs. La Resistance & Kane
The match got started during the break, with Kane throwing Edge right into the steps as we go right into the Heels iso'ing him. Benoit has his usual hot tag, and the match immediately breaks down, Benoit hits the diving headbutt but KANE sits up right away. He locks in the Crossface, but Kane powers out and hits the chokeslam for the win. Damn, they made Benoit look like complete shit tonight.

Flair and Batista have now joined Triple H in the skybox.

Johnathan Coachman joins commentary.

Eugene vs. Johnny Nitro
NOPE! Eugene wins, buy Nitro see you in one years time.

Bad Blood HYPE
Resistance vs. Edge/Benoit
Benoit vs. KANE
Orton vs. Shelton
Trish vs. Lita vs. Gail vs. Victoria
Eugene vs. Coach
Jericho vs. Tomko
Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels ~ HELL IN A CELL

Backstage: Lita is on the phone with Matt, she's excited about her match and says she'll be home soon. KANE comes up behind her and says he got her in the title match, that way after Bad Blood they both will be champions. Lita says she thought he said this was all over. KANE SAYS "I LIED"

Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels
This starts off really well, lots of brawling, Shawns punches look fine, chops look decent. They do that for a few minutes until Orton sends Shawn into the ringpost. Orton kind of works the arm, but not really, and not at all as vicious at working a limb as he's had in recent weeks/months. Shawn also doesn't sell it at all, he makes a shitty comeback until Orton cuts him off with a boot to the gut. He tries to go back to the arm, but Shawn has 0 intentions of selling for the long term. Shawn works on the knee and points up to the skybox during a Figure Four, sadly we don't get Flair overreacting to it like he's done in the past. Orton's leg selling is also pretty meh too, he forgets about it after a few seconds too. Like I have no idea what they're doing here? like they just keep going back and forth half ass working the body part just to fill time. Triple H, is just upset as me, so he sends Batista to ringside as we go to a commercial.

When we return, Orton sends Shawn to the floor and distracts the ref allowing Batista to throw Shawn into the ringpost busting him open. 6 DAYS BEFORE A PPV! LOLWHY? All past arm work by Orton has truly been forgotten as he now targets the head and back. God bless, Orton but him acting like he rehurt his knee from a dropkick just to no sell it, like 0.9 seconds later C'MON! Shawn does his usual comeback, flying forearm...kipup...ect. Shawn goes for sweet chin music, but Batista runs in for the DQ. What a waste of 20 minutes. **

Shawn hits Batista with a superkick, but Randy comes in with a chair. Shawn boots him in the belly and takes the chair away. He strikes the ref, and hits Orton with a superkick. He begins wearing Batista and Orton out with chair shots, before leaving the ring and going through the crowd up to the skybox. Flair tries to fight him on the steps but he gets popped. Hunter and Shawn then exchange blows to close the show.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Damn that looks like the weakest Raw since Benoit came over for sure.

Reactions: Crippler

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Raw gets worse....Eugene derails all of Benoits momentum.

Reactions: Crippler

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I forgot how irrelevant Benoit became in the spring of 04

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Well obviously all the focus needed to be on HBK/HHH who have been feuding for like 2 years. 8D

Reactions: Cwalker

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Champion: Eddie Guererro
WWE United States Champion: John Cena
WWE Tag Team Champions: Charlie Haas & Rico
WWE Cruiserweight Champion: Chavo Guererro Classic

WWE Smackdown
June 10th, 2004
Nassau Coliseum: Long Island, New York

GM Kurt Angle is in the ring, with Luther. He says he remembers coming here when he was the Champion. You people booooo'ed me, but i could care less because i knew i was better than you and everyone. He says he was the greatest athlete on the planet. But now i look at myself, knowing i can never wrestler again and you people love it, just like you loved what happen last week (Footage airs of Cena falling on Kurt and Booker hitting him with a chair) He says for the first time in history of him being a GM someone put hands on him. He says he wants an apology right here, right now and the show won't start until he gets one. Booker comes out, he says Kurt knows he would never hurt him and it's all Cena's fault. He says seeing Kurt go through all that pain, he couldn't sleep for 3 days. So him being the man that he is, he apologizes 5 TIMES CAUSE HE WAS THE 5 TIME WCW CHAMP! Get it. Kurt thanks him, and Booker leaves. Kurt demands Cena come out, and he does. Kurt cuts in off as Cena tries to talk, he says he ain't trying to hear no rap all he wants is his apology and wants it now. Cena says if he meant to hit Kurt, he'd still be in the hospital, but maybe he should. Kurt says Cena's now on probation, and if he lays a hand on Kurt one more time, he'll be stripped of the US Title on the spot. He says he wants an apology not only for last week but an apology for being who he is. Cena does his Eddie "I apology....for NOTHING" and he says he gonna walk and dress how he wants to dress, Cena claims they are now even. He can't touch him, but he CAN'T see him and leaves. Kurt yells at him he might wanna hear this. Kurt says Cena will determine his own match at GAB by having 3 different matches with 5-minute time limits in a TRIPLE PLAY CHALLENGE against Booker T, RVD, and Rene Dupree. The first man to pin him will face him at GAB for the US Title, and Kurt says it's the beginning of the end of John Cena.

Kenzo Suzuki vs. Scotty II Hotty
Kenzo entrance is fly af, he has the ninja's carrying him on a chair (IDK what it's called but FUCK YEAH!) Scotty isn't the jobber enhance talent I would pick for debut matches, maybe if this was 2000 then yes, but in 2004 Scotty isn't that guy. i would rather London, Spanky, guys that bump and make everything look so much deadlier. Kenzo is pretty meh, he does all these Ninja strikes that look hilarious, but he does hit this pretty cool looking CLAW into the STO for the win.

Backstage: Kurt is with Booker, Rene, and RVD. He says they will pick straws to see how faces Cena first. Luther then kicks the cameraman out.

Backstage: The Undertaker is THINKING!

JBL on the Smackdown magazine, which i still own :mark:

Earlier Today, JBL goes to the spa, but first, he tips the door guy a $1 JBL gets his shoe shined, facial as he talks down to them like "I knew immigrates were good for something & You don't even speak English...ARRIBA" He compliments his hard-working Mexican shoeshine and says he wishes all of his people worked this hard, and he should be proud of himself.

Backstage: JBL pulls up in his limo, he gets out but then says this place really is the toxic waste of New York and decides just to go back to NYC. He gets in the limo, BUT THE DRIVER IS EDDIE GUERRERO AND THEY DRIVE OFF BUMPING INTO STUFF!

Earlier Today, The Dudleyz and Heyman are at some secret hideout. Paul Heyman freaked out to The Dudley Boyz about how Paul Bearer is the only one Taker trusts, the only one who can control him, and the only man he actually cares about, and now he has to go to Long Island and find out if Taker's with them, or if HE'S the dead man.

Chavo Classic comes out with GILFS! He joins commentary.

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.
They've got their chemistry locked down, Chavo knows better so he doesn't work a body part, just wearing down Rey with moves and ground-based offense. Rey's highflying is on point tonight, Rey goes for s springboard crossbody but Chavo dropkicks him in mid-air and takes over again. He semi targets the chest but not really. i was annoyed that Rey does a moonsault after just getting his chest worked on and show no effects of being hurt a little. Chavo classic, claims Rey stole all his moves :mark: Rey's comeback rules, he hits all the usual stuff and sprinkles in some new stuff, he keeps going for one springboard move too many which allows Jr to counter with something, Rey hits the 619 but Classic tries to get involved and he bumps head with Jr allowing Rey 'rana roll Chavo up for the win. **3/4

RAW REBOUND!

In the parking lot, people are cleaning up the mess Eddie left. Eddie drives the banged-up limo back as people run away, half of the Longhorns on the front is missing :lmao Eddie back up into another car before driving into the arena. Eddie gets out and opens the door for JBL, but he's passed out and covered in food inside the limo. Eddie gets on the mic and says that's nothing compared to how banged up he's going to be after the Great American Bash. JBL slowly wakes up and realizes what happened to his limo and begins crying.

WWE Euro tour highlights air, wait, was this the tour JBL did the NAZI?

Kurt Angle comes out on his little ramp to watch on.

Triple Play Challenge
Booker is out first, who goes on the offensive early and goes for quick pinfalls as Cena just tries to survive which logically speaking is smart. Cena has these brief comebacks, but Booker cuts him off and goes back on offense. They don't really do anything great it's just really solid. last 20 seconds was great with Booker hitting a move and going for the pin, but he ruins it with 8 seconds left he tries to hit the scissors kick but uses all that time to cockily hit the ropes half-assed, just to miss the kick anyway, so time runs out.

Rob Van Dam is out next, RVD quicken's the pace, he tries to get a flashy pin but Cena keeps kicking out. Lots of solid back and forth as they show brief glimpses of chemistry. All RVD really wants to do is get a quick pin but Cena refuses, Cena puts on a great bumping clinic. Booker is still at ringside, so as RVD is on the top rope he pulls him down. Kurt yells at him for ruining everything and tells him to get lost. Cena heads up top for a superplex but RVD fights offs, he hits the straight trust kick and the 5 Star Frog Splash but time runs out.

Rene is last out, they have their usual match, he targets Cena's ribs or lower back and follows the gameplan of going for covers after everything hoping to get a quick pin. Cena's selling is fine for the most part, and decent when he makes his comeback he holds his hip in between sequences so that's cool. Time runs out as Rene goes for a piledriver. Rene then asks for 5 more minutes, Kurt agrees. They go another minute until Cena hits an FU outta nowhere for the win. ***

Kurt claims that win doesn't count, it was past the 5-minute mark. Booker runs out and attacks Cena. RVD makes the save as the faces clean house. Kurt says Cena is not getting off easy. At the Great American Bash, it will be a fatal 4 way. RVD helps Cena up, but then signals for the title and knocks him back down with a funny standing up Kick.

PIECE OF SHIT NEW YORK JETS ARE IN ATTENDANCE! FUCK EM'

Paul Heyman comes out with a duffle bag. Heyman says to take his advice and hit the record button, cause this is one of those rare moments. In a year from now, you'll look back and say "OH that's where it all started" he says lives will be altered, not only fans but everyone in the back. He says this is the time he becomes the most powerful man in the WWE. or Paul Heyman will rest in peace, as many fans would like. He calls The Undertaker down to make a decision, and he comes out. Heyman pulls out the urn, and after about 2 minutes of staring at it, Take gets down on one knee and does his pose to the urn, JOINING HEYMAN!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Women's Champion: Victoria

2iWlPvY.gif

WWE Bad Blood
June 13th, 2004
Columbus, Ohio

WWE World Tag Team Championships: La Résistance vs. Edge & Chris Benoit
2 seconds into the match, Ohio start a USA chant. So, yeah. The faces get the better early on in the match as they briefly iso both members of the Resistance, JR says something dumb like he doesn't know how much time Edge and Benoit had time to prepare for the match, even though he was on RAW 6 days ago when the match was made, and even though they've been teaming up for the past month. C'MON JR. La Resistance ends up isolating Edge, it's like the majority of the match, they work the neck and it's decent enough for them. Benoit's has a fun hot tag, filled with the usual Suplex's and just throwing the Resistance around. Conway breaks up the sharpshooter as the match breaks down, Edge almost spears Benoit again but puts on the breaks allowing Benoit to lock in the crossface. But, Kane comes out. He kicks Benoit in the face for the DQ. After the match; he hits Benoit with a Chokeslam, and one to Edge too before throwing Benoit into the steel steps. **1/2

Backstage: Eric is pumping Coach up, he says Regal is banned from ringside and it's all on him now. Eugene is off screen and Coach points him out, Eric goes over and asks how much he heard. Eugene says all and Eric says it's just tough love again. Eric says he doesn't want what happened to Triple H or Benoit when they got hurt to happen to him.

Chris Jericho vs. Tyson Tomko (w/Trish Stratus)
GOD DAMN! Trish looks all time hot, but her peak is coming in a few weeks, you guys know what i'm talking about :mark: So. Jericho doesn't have his ribs taped up anymore, cause yeah in 6 days his ribs have fully healed. SMH! Tomko isn't good, he's just a generic medium sized powerhouse guy. Totally unbelievable at anything, Jericho is Jericho, he bumps around and is crisp on offense. Tomko's rib work is fine, but they kind of forget about the injured ribs halfway through and just start working a normal match but at least Jericho sells it the whole time. The match ends when Tomko accidentally runs into Trish who was standing on the apron, Jericho the hits the step up Enzuiguri for the win. **1/4

Backstage: Todd Grisham interviews Randy Orton, Orton cuts him off and asks him what tomorrow is known for...He doesn't know so Orton tells him tomorrow marks as the half-year anniversary that he's been IC champion. He says the last PPV he was on he left Foley in a pool of his own blood in his own match, he says he has something Shelton doesn't have. GREATNESS! Orton says these people don't know what greatness is, he's only 23 and has accomplished more than everyone in that crowd. They boo so Orton takes the mic and camera guy to the ring with him. GET A LOOK AT GREATNESS!

Orton comes down to the ring, and lists off all his accomplishments, he says you people work hard for a raise and work hard for that employee of the month and that's great for them, but they're looking at real GREATNESS! He says theirs millions of people like you, but RANDY ORTON IS 1 IN A MILLION! GREATNESS HAS ENTERED THE RING! YOU MAY BOW AT WILL! :mark: Orton says he wants the respect he deserves, stand up and respect me. DAMMIT! they edited out Randy botching getting up the 2nd turnbuckle :lmao Shelton comes out and says let's have the match now and Orton agrees.

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Randy Orton vs. Shelton Benjamin
Shelton gets come close near falls to start, they go back and forth but it's mostly Shelton getting the better in and out of the ring. Shelton again keeps going for flashy rollup pins just trying to get a quick one, or hitting a move and immediately going for the cover. Shelton goes for the Stinger splash but Orton moves and Orton hits the ringpost allowing Orton to take over. Flair makes his way down. Orton begins working the head and neck, he locks in this weird looking hold where it doesn't look painful at all, it just looks like he's sitting on Shelton and holding his chin up. Orton tries to sell it with facial, angry facial expressions but NAW! He does redeem himself by debuting the STANDING NECK BREAKER! :mark: and right into Headlock Randy. Shelton makes a comeback, and they have this awesome exchange of strikes with Orton switching between forearms and uppercuts while Shelton hits some straight rights. Shelton hits the flying clothesline for a close fall, he counters the dropdown kneck breaker into the side Russian leg sweep for another two. Shelton hits the dragon whip for another two, only cause he took too long to cover. Sting splash connects and so does the T-Bone suplex but Flair puts the foot on the ropes. Shelton brings Flair into the ring and takes him out, Shelton goes for a crossboady but Orton rolls through and grabs the tights for the win. Decent match, but felt a little off, Orton iso wasn't as vicious like he's been doing all year. I wanna say it's was an off night, but he was off on RAW too. but tbf RAW is in a rough patch right now. **3/4

XtuZ7ou.gif

Backstage: Lita is getting ready when Matt comes in, he says tonight is her night and they make out. Eric Bischoff comes over with security to have him taken out of the building so he won't interfere in Kane's match. Eric says if he doesn't he'll remove Lita from her match, he gives them 60 seconds and Matt agrees to leave.

WWE Woman's Championship: Trish Stratus (w/Tyson Tomko) vs. Gail Kim vs. Victoria vs. Lita
This happens, i like that it was kept short and all 4 ladies got right to the shit. Tomko gets involved early but gets cause so he's ejected. there's nothing much to write about, all 4 ladies at one point all get to shine, tons of near falls that get broken up. Lita hits Gail with the Snap DDT, but Trish sneaks in with a schoolboy to win the title. *3/4

HOLY FUCK! Eugene/Coach got a video package. I did not watch the match, no way I'm losing 7 and a half minutes of my life.

LOL You know what i just realized Sheriff Austin is gone, did they even mention what happened to that? Like all i remember was his last appearance was making Shelton vs. Hunter and that was it?

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Kane vs. Chris Benoit
Leave it to Benoit to carry Kane's worthless ass to his best match since 2001. He goes right to work taking the fight to Kane which totally throws him off to start, but Kane uses not only his power, hight, and weight advantage but the freshness too. Benoit sells the effects of being thrown into the steps earlier. This is the best Kane has looked again since 2001 due to Benoit's willingness to bump like crazy and go right into Kane's strikes. So it makes all of Kane's offense look deadly. Benoit tries to soften up Kane's arm, but it doesn't work which allows Kane to drop him snake eyes on to the top turnbuckle. Kane's neck work is really good, to the point that he makes the fuckin vice grip look believable. They played up that Benoit really wanted the Crossface, but not being able to get Kane off his knees let alone fully apply the hold. Until Benoit gives up and targets the legs for the Sharpshooter, he lives up to his "Rapid Wolverine" name and keeps trying to lock it in even with Kane powering out. He finally locks it in, but Kane crawls to the bottom rope. Benoit comes back with the triple German suplex's but KANE sits up. So, Benoit follows up with another 3 more and hits the diving headbutt. But he's too worn down to cover, KANE SITS UP! And Benoit again goes for the crossface, but Kane locks his arms and shoves Benoit off. He hits the chokeslam but Benoit kicks out. KANE is in shock and boots Benoit in the face. He heads up top and misses the flying clothesline with Benoit catching the arm and finally getting him in the crossface :mark: Kane gets to his feet, but Benoit outsmarts him by suckering him in by switching arms, just to release the hold and quickly applying the Oklahoma Roll for the win. Not as good as I remembered, but still the best thing on this PPV. ***1/4

Backstage: Todd Grisham ambushes Benoit and interviews him, Benoit puts Kane over before saying tonight just wasn't his night. They show some highlights as Benoit talks about stuff.

AWESOME Triple H/Shawn Michaels Video Package.

Hell in a Cell Match: Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels
Welp, here we go. So this starts off really great, they lock up but immediately drop it and go right into strikes, just beating the shit out of one another, they do a good job teasing both men tasting the steel but the other would block and roll back into the ring. Hunter is the first to take the steel but he only gets a small cut on his head, Shawn does a good job targetting it with punches, Shawn begins limping soi think at one point he legitimately hurt his back. But he keeps going until Hunter does one of his hard Irish whops and begins working on Shawn's back. He takes all of his past matches with Shawn, the SSlam match, RAW match from December and takes all parts of that and adds it here. ect Irish whips, elbows and boots, suplexes and backbreakers. It's really great, so is Shawn's bumping and selling, he sells it like he can barely stand and tries to straighten his back out. They're kinda working it like a grudge match instead of a Cell match, it's still got that hate but something it just feels like one of their regular matches. Finally, Hunter uses the cage and in one of my favorite spots of the match he goes back and forth from the ring post to the corner beam of the cell just ramming Shawn's back into it, I think Nash did that to him last year, so that's pretty cool that he picked something up. THAT'S WHY HE'S THE GAME 8D He also brings back the backbreaker to the chair which breaks the seat of the chair :mark: Another thing I liked was Hunter not getting angry by not putting Shawn away, it's like he's enjoying it and like fine Shawn if this is the way you want it.

Shawn counters the pedigree into the low blow and begins working it with atomic drops. Shawn has fully stopped selling the back, apart from stumbling around, but that's more of exhaustion selling than "Ow my back" Shawn's starts getting violent and he begins using his surroundings as a weapon. Shawn tries a piledriver onto the steps but Hunter backdrops out, they go back and forth AND IN MY FAVORITE SPOT OF THIS WHOLE MATCH SHAWN TUNES UP THE BAND BUT AS HE GOES FOR SCM HUNTER DUCKS AND PICKS UP THE STEEL STEPS NAILING SHAWN IN THE HEAD Busting him open (Even though it's clear Shawn got both hands up blocking) Hunter again hits him with the steps, and begins pounding away at the head. It's better than the back work segment as Triple H is clearly taking pleasure in this, he continues to ram Shawn's head into the cage mesh and just raking his face against anything he can come across. Shawn continues to show heart by fighting back and refusing to stay down for 3. He manages to get a measure of revenge by nailing Hunter in the head with two nasty chair shots busting him open now. Now, it's Shawn's time to do like 5 minutes of straight beating, he brings out the ladder and uses it as a weapon.

This is part of the match where it starts to drag unnecessarily and you look at the time, we're still got 15 minutes to go. Lots of slow punches, and selling of exhaustion. Stumbling around trying not to fall, it's like when drunk guys stumble to their cars at 4 am. Hunter falls to the floor and brings out a table. He sets it up, but Shawn who must have connected with 112 punches by now lays Triple H on the table, he climbs the ladder and hits a big splash off the top but for two. Hunter ducks the superkick and hits the pedigree but he's too worn down to cover, it takes a good 30 seconds before he can cover, which allows Shawn to kick out. They use one another to get to their feet, Hunter shoves Shawn, which gives him space to nail Sweet Chin Music, but now it's him who's too dead to cover right away. He slowly after 45 seconds crawls to cover and this time Triple H kicks out. Again they use one another to get to their feet and Hunter hits another pedigree, but this time it's Hunter who bumps on his back and Shawn is on his belly, JR does a phenomenal job selling Hunter is in the wrong position. Neither can cover and for the 4th time, they use one another to get to their feet. This time it only took 1 minute and 45 seconds. Hunter uses his last ditch of energy to hit the 3rd pedigree and that's enough to get the three. This did not need 47:26. Cut 15 minutes, and you might have a MOTYC. TBF it's much better than I remembered it being, like way better. Thankfully this is the end, well until October. ***

lyQqoGH.gif

Batista, Orton, and Flair come out to carry Hunter to the back. While Shawn refuses help and leaves on his own.

Overall: Another pretty meh PPV, Benoit match ruled, Orton/Shelton was fine but weird, it really didn't live up to it's potential and the Cell match was better than remembered but not recommended. Also, RIP! 2004's streak of having at least 1 all-time classic match on a PPV.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Women's Champion: Trish Stratus

WWE Monday Night RAW
June 14th, 2004
Dayton, Ohio

Backstage: Kane goes into Eric's office, Eric says it's about last night, Kane had a tremendous match, one to be proud of. But, they had to name a new #1 Contender. KANE loses it and Eric says he hopes Kane understands because he's a professional. Kane calms down before wrecking Eric's office.

Tonight: Edge, Benoit, Jericho vs. Flair, Batista, Orton - Elimination Match :mark:

Jim Ross is in the ring, he says both Shawn and Hunter are unable to compete tonight but are here. He invites both men out, and they both come down to the ring. JR says their match will live for generations to come :lmao He says it's time for this... TO END! He says he is respectfully asking them to shake hands, to end the most storied feud in WWE history :lmao They slowly go to shake hands, but Eric Bischoff marches down to the ring, he says he has an important announcement regarding the #1 Contender. BUT, KANE COMES OUT! Hunter and Shawn look at one another, but Kane boots Shawn. Hunter looks like he's about to go at Kane, but leaves instead. FUCK YEAH! Kane brings a chair in and wraps it around Shawn's throat. He jumps off the top crushing Shawn's throat and he's bleeding a lot from the mouth. Refs all run down but wait on the floor until Kane leaves to tend to Shawn. EMT's eventually come down and Shawn's acting is AMAZING!

Back from the commercials, EMT's have Shawn on a stretcher as Shawn is breathing heavily, as he acts in shock. FUCKIN' AWESOME Shawn sell job. They wheel him to an ambulance and is quickly rushed away.

Trish Stratus & Tyson Tomko vs. Matt Hardy & Lita
Mattitude.com; Matt and Lita are not morning people & Matt and Lita enjoy margaritas. This is decent, Lita and Trish do their usual, Matt's has a really good showing against Tomko who bumps around for him, shit if i didn't know anything i would think Matt was supposed to be the big man. Anyway, Tomko attacks Lita who grabs her belly :mark: Matt loses it and tosses Tomko to the floor. Lita then hits the snap DDT for the win. **

Backstage: Triple H enters into to Eric's destroyed office, Hunter says he hopes Shawn is okay, and he's genuinely concerned for his safety :lmao He asks if he's the number #1 contender, after winning last night. Eric says yes and no. He says there's someone on Raw who's undefeated, his nephew Eugene. Hunter cracks up and says it was a good one. Eric says he is #1 Contender on the condition that he faces Eugene next week and beats the hell out of him, Triple H agrees.

Tag Team Flag Match-None Title: La Resistance vs. The Hurricane & Rosey
This is the same as it always is, same formula, iso Hurricane, same neck work. Rosey gets the hot tag as the match breaks down. Conway throws Hurricane into the ringpost, but as Rosey goes to suplex Sylvan back in Conway trips him up and hooks the leg giving the Resistance the win. After the match; La Resistance sing "Oh Canada" *3/4

RAW DIVA SEARCH HYPE!

Lita is staring at an ept box, she opens it and goes to the bathroom.

The Highlight Reel is set up in the ring, Chris Jericho comes out, he brings out Eugene who has William Regal with him. Yo the amount of Eugene signs are getting out of control, Ohio is such a mess. Jericho congratulates him on his win last night, and for being a sexy beast. Jericho asks him what his favorite Jericho moment was and he says the time Jericho pissed in Regals tee and Regal drank it, Eugene then says he did the same thing last week:lmao He says he has to be serious for a moment, he says Uncle Eric made a match with Triple H next week, he says Triple H may be Eugene's favorite wrestler but Triple H doesn't like anyone, he begins snitching about how Triple H only wants to hurt him. BUT EVOLUTION COMES OUT! And they have a box. They wave at Eugene, and he's totally starstruck. Triple H says he knows they've never met, Eugene cuts him yelling "YOU'RE TRIPLE H" He introduces Evolution as well and says they are his friends. He says he came out her to tell him something, Chris Jericho is a liar. I am your friend, I'm your biggest friend over The Rock, Benoit or Jericho he hands him the present. It's a Triple H hat, a Triple H t-shirt. Eugene puts it on over his jacket :lmao The last thing is a Triple H photo as he acts phony by signing it. He then pulls out the NEW Evolution t-shirt, he says it's not for him (Eugene) if for him (Triple H) he gets Eugene to sign, on the naked girl's butt. He asks for one last thing, a Picture. HOLY SHIT! this is where GOD's photo obsession started. Anyway, he says on 3 say Pedigree, and in some amazing event the crowd moans like they expect Triple H to turn, but when it doesn't happen they get dead quiet. He says that a lot of times, people get jealous. And when people get jealous, they'll lie to Eugene and say that Triple H isn't really his friend, like Chris Jericho said. Hunter asks Eugene to tell him if anyone says bad things about Triple H to him, and he'll deal with them personally. Regal looks absolutely disgusted, and he says next week, they'll have the greatest match of all time. Eugene and Regal leave, GODDAMMIT! THIS FIRST angle was amazing. IT'S STILL FUCK EUGENE THO

Jericho begins mock applauding, says you pulled one over on Eugene and says he's not fooling anyone. Jericho says he'll be first in line to laugh at him with Eugene beats him next week. Hunter plays dumb and says, that's his friend and by the end of tonight, he, Edge and Benoit will all get whats coming to them. And in the end, he's gonna get what's coming to him. The World Title.

Backstage: Stacy goes to find, Lita, she asks to borrow her elbow pads and asks if everything is alright. Lita says she took an ept and it's POSITIVE! Stacy is excited, but Lita isn't. She asks Stacy not to tell anyone. I GUESS SHE DIDN'T SEE THAT BIG CAMERA TO THE SIDE 8D

Stacy Keibler & Nidia vs. Gail Kim & Molly Holly
FIRE THIS CAMERA MAN! This is like the 2nd week in a row he's missed Stacy's ass during her entrance, and gets to the butt shot as she's already in the ring. FUCK EVERYTHING! The fact this has gotten the most time so far at 5 minutes it pretty fuckin hilarious, seeing how Nidia only started wrestling 2 months ago and has had like 3 matches this whole year, as Stacy still isn't good at all but whatever, heels win. BLAH!

SMACKDOWN REBOUND!

Recap of Shawn/Hunter HIAC

Recap of Kane's violent rage tonight.

Next Week: Triple H vs. Eugene

VENGEANCE July 11th, 2004 @ Hartford, Connecticut

Six Man Tag Team Elimination Match: Evolution (Batista, Randy Orton & Ric Flair w/Triple H) vs. Team Canada (Chris Jericho, Edge & Chris Benoit
Either I've never seen this before, or my childhood wrestling memory isn't all I hyped it to be. Jericho and Orton have a really good mat exchange before Flair gets in, Jericho seems to get the better but Batista begins just beating the shit out of Jericho from the apron giving Evolution control. Edge has a fun segment against Flair as the match breaks down, the faces clear the ring as we go to commercial. When we return, Flair has Benoit isolated in the corner, but Benoit kills Flair as usual with nasty, vicious, brutal chops. Edge/Orton rules, Benoit/Orton gives me blue balls, Batista/Benoit rules. Evolution begins isolating Benoit and it's great, they alternate working the arm, chest and just grounding Benoit. Jericho has a great hot tag, he's finally in something worthy of his babyface talent. He and Batista have a fun little interaction. The match breaks down, Edge takes Orton to the floor while Benoit gets rid of Flair. That allows Edge to hit the spear, Benoit to hit the Diving Headbutt and Jericho to hit the Lionsault eliminating Batista. FUCK YEAH! Super aggressive Randy is back, and he's doing it in a headlock :mark: They briefly iso Jericho but he tags Edge in, he goes to spear Randy but Hunter trips him up and Flair tags back in. He begins working Edge's back, but Edge fights back tagging Jericho back in who cleans house on Flair, Jericho locks him in the walls, but Hunter distracts the ref just as Flair taps. Orton sneaks in and hits the RKO FIRST TIME! allowing Flair to cover eliminating Jericho.

When we return, JR and King hype up that this is way past the show end time. We get more Benoit/Flair violence, Benoit continues to try to bust Flair's chest open with chops. Edge tags in but so does Orton who goes back into HEADLOCK RANDY! But he randomly breaks the hold so Edge hits a sweet spin kick, Benoit tags in who knees Orton in the guy, he goes for it again but this time it's Orton who knees him in the gut and gets Flair back in. The tags are like every 20 seconds, which I don't think I've ever seen before this late in a match, it's so back and forth, everything is a struggle and physical. Edge hits Flair with a spear, but he's not the legal man so as the ref is getting Flair out, Orton sneaks up behind with a low blow and an RKO eliminating him.

It's down to Benoit vs. Orton/Flair, sadly, as soon as Flair is tagged in Benoit locks him in the Crippler Crossface and Flair taps. BENOIT/ORTON GOODNESS! But only for 2 and half minutes :( Orton hits some brutal forearms to the chest, but Benoit comes back with a German. The ref gets taken out, as he goes to lock in the Sharpshooter Triple H comes in but he gets a German. Benoit counters the RKO into the Sharpshooter AWESOME! Moment with Orton putting his elbow pad in his mouth the try to block the pain, but he has no choice but to tap at (34:33) YEAH THAT'S RIGHT! THAT'S INCLUDING COMMERCIALS! Which I think in 2004 is insane, Benoit/Shawn went 28 minutes, which I think was the longest match so far this year. But it didn't anyway, I can't believe I don't remember this at all. IT FUCKIN RULES! Only real downside was the final 4 minutes, although it was great it felt rushed. Like it needed another 10 - 12 minutes or so. Just so we can get an ISO on Benoit during the comeback, then a Benoit/Orton showdown for like 6 minutes. But hey, fucking awesome match that I didn't know existed. Totally makes up for that dreadful PPV and the past 2 weeks of trash RAWS. ****1/4

Oh man, this would have been perfect for a Survivor Series match, add Shawn to the face team, and not make it all about him :mark:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This is when I first found out about HBK's summer vacations. :MJ:

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
This was the edition where Orton botched the RKO on Jericho by over shooting it right?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler